Some people don't like this deal because we lose draft picks...I like it because we have money to bloww...I honestly don't expect Lebron to come to NY because cavs look like they going to win a championship, but Miami messed up by not getting amare and now that the knicks have money to spend we could see Wade and Bosh or Wade and Amare in NY.  Even if Wade for some reason signs back with Miami Joe Johnson is just as good so Joe and Bosh Joe and Amare.  It seems like a gamble but money talks and NY has money.

how weird would it be if we got bosh and amare
laugh.gif

my brain cant even try to understand if/how that would look on the court haha

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

some dude on SNY said Joe Johnson > Wade
grin.gif

Dude is nice but come on
Wade is nice but can he stay healthy?
*$## d-wade > joe johnson and if a GM even needed to think for a split second about taking JJ over Wade he'd get fired with the quickness
laugh.gif

Honestly this is a huge risk Donnie is taking but it won't be worth it if Bron doesn't come. Cavs aren't stupid they are stacking that team. They really have a shot at winning it all this year and if that happens you can pretty much forget it. Definitely going to be a interesting off season. I am interested in seeing what the Nets will be doing as well. I know they will going after some big players as well.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

LOL @ THE GR8

I understand the enthusiasm, but your volume knob is turned up to 11 right now. OD
whoa dude i am not even CLOSE to that estatic. In fact i was probably one of the most skeptical of giving up those picks, and im still not even 100% that this #!+! wont backfire on us.

All i am saying though is that IF our plan does wok and we are able to sign Lebron plus another dude this summer and win a ring, IF all that happens. That makes this deal Lebron + (inset name here) fo jordan Hill and a late 2012 first round pick. IF that is the way this tade works out, im not saying it will be how but IF it does...

THAN and only than this trade will be the greatest trade in NBA history bar none. How can anyone not agree with that?

On one hand, it's rather pathetic seeing all these teams squirm & rattle to squeeze every single dollar they have into this upcoming free agency. On another hand, it's nice to see the Knicks at the forefront of that rat race
laugh.gif

I can't say anything that hasn't been iterated already. What a risk, this is, Lebron or bust, blah, blah, blah. I don't care who's name is on the back of the jersey next season. Since trading off any inkling of a team in the last two seasons, and continuing the new millenium trend of suckiness in New York professional basketball, Walsh & _'Antoni better put together major positive results. Would next season be asking too much? I don't know, but I do know that we, as NYK fans, should not stand for losing much longer. We've seen teams win, rebuild & win again (or get the ball rolling at least i.e. Portland) in the same span that the NYKs have mukked it up consistently.

I appreciate that this still new management has a plan, so I will wait patiently for this summer, because we know that's where the pot of gold awaits.

My $00.02 has been shared.

I just wannna win, I don't care if that player we sign this summer is Earl Boykins. If we sign him and he comes and makes us a contender or Championship, IDC.

man i was waiting all day to hear tmac got traded to us. saddens me that we traded away my favorite knick nate shake and bake robinson. especially for eddie house? wth is up with that. i'm guessing dantoni still being a little bird and holding a little bit up of a grudge on nate so he wanted him out. but im happy we got tmac. im kinda mad we gave up 2 draft picks though. you guys realize that if this fails...and we dont sign lebron...we will end up visiting the isiah thomas route in the highway again. thomas was doing the same thing...trading away draft picks for people he thought could ball. problem with isiah was that he overpayed alot of players.

like mentioned before....if we dont get lebron...this will be ultimate fail. because yes there are alot of players available in the class...but lebron is a certified championship. all i want is for us to win a damn chip before i die!!

i love wade's game more than lebron...but the thing with wade is that he gets injured way too much because of the way he plays. i dont know if we can bring in a championship signing wade because of him being so injury prone. wade has been in the league 7 years counting this year... and he has not played one 82 game season yet. obviously last year was his best year and we can see what he is capable of whenever he plays most of the year. lebron has played at least 70 games every year of his career.

i really dont want to sign joe johnson. i just never thought he was that nice and doesnt deserve max money. Just my opinion. its going to be an interesting summer

i hope tmac resurrects himself here in ny. if he does i will finally end my boycott and go to a knick game lol. havent been to msg since we traded jamal crawford

My question now is: what happens if the Knicks strike out in free agency?

Do they just offer one-year contracts to a collection of scrubs and try again the next year? Or do they settle for third- or fourth-tier free agents like Detroit?

All I know is, five months till it really starts to go down!!

Does anyone have just a horrible feeling about this?  We had to do this but being a Mets/Jets/Knicks fan has left me to expect nothing good to ever happen to any of my teams.  I'm bout to hit up my Hatian connect and ask whats good with a hex on Antawn Jamison's knee
grin.gif

Nicedude: at least it wasnt Kmart. i would shoot myself.

RoOk: depending on the amount of minutes - 14-3-6.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Does anyone have just a horrible feeling about this?  We had to do this but being a Mets/Jets/Knicks fan has left me to expect nothing good to ever happen to any of my teams.  I'm bout to hit up my Hatian connect and ask whats good with a hex on Antawn Jamison's knee
grin.gif

As Knicks fans we feel this way by default but we also think about the bright side and get let down 95% of the time but i do think for ONCE this plan will fall into place. T-mac will be rusty for the first 5 or so games then when he gets his legs under him again dude will give us about 17 ppg at least, Cleveland will choke in the playoffs L.A will win it all and then Laker fans will proclaim Kobe is light years ahead of Jordan. Then finally in the off-season Bosh will sign with us like a day after the free agency signing period begins then Lebron will follow him a couple days later. After that we will sign T-mac for the vets minimum and will also re-sign Sergio Rodriguez to another 1 year minimum contract. If he sucks so bad that he can't be productive playing with Bron, T-mac, and Bosh we will try to ship Curry and his expiring contract for an adequate PG.

Sounds crazy but i think im on to something

Back
Top Bottom