Originally Posted by viiheaven

I haven't changed my avy away from some sort of Tony Kornheiser picture since I joined this board but in honor of Nate Robinson, I'm changing it until the playoffs.
me too

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I'm not dissapointed (though I ain't ecstatic either).  I think the Knicks gave up a little too much though they had no power to bargain, really.

I do like that Sergio Rodriguez and of course T Mac) are on the team. I think Sergio will fit in real well with D'Antoni's style.  Damn, if we only had Rudy Fernandez, this tandem would be crazy.

I do think that a lot of the Jeffries bashing I'm reading is unwarranted.  Other than his contract there really wasn't any other reason to hold anything against him. He has been a decent player who stepped up his defensive play for us during moments when defense was the last thing anyone on the team seemed to think about. He'll be a good team player in his new home.

We'll see what the future holds, but I don't think anyone should be expecting anyone specific to sign with this team after this season. We'll have a great opportunity to sign one or two people who will help us a lot, but the kind of tunnel vision that has one or two SPECIFIC players in mind will only lead to potential disappointment.
Sergio+Rudy+Rubio
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Honestly, Jefferies wasnt THAT bad this year besides the amount of layups he missed. his contract basically killed all value he had, but ill gladly welcome him for the vets min. as a defensive spark off the bench in 2 years.

What was the point of trading Nate? I though we were getting a pick from Boston. Now we have Eddie House, I hate that bum.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I agree Allen, I just figured some people weren't aware of the details of the cap, so if they're going to play GM they should know the rules.
you talkingn about me?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I didn't have anyone specifically in mind
laugh.gif
but just for reference when people want to think about trades and the future that the cap isn't as simple as people might think.

Serg and T-mac
happy.gif

Starting 5 next year:

1. Rodriguez
2. Mc'grady
3. James
4. Stoudemire
5. Lee

ESPN trade dealine show says we now have the most cap space availabale in the league
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by AirAlphabet

What was the point of trading Nate? I though we were getting a pick from Boston. Now we have Eddie House, I hate that bum.
mad.gif
I agree. I don't see the point.
My guess is that McGrady, Douglas, Rodriguez, and the "We want Nate" chants are the reasons why Knicks traded Nate.

McGrady is one of the best passing wings in the league. He can play in three different positions. He doesn't make mistakes on his passing much. He's got pretty good basketball IQ. D'Antoni is a big fan of Rodriguez's game. Douglas has advantage in his size and defense over Nate. We surely are gonna miss Nate's energy and attitude.

EDIT: Nate Robinson probably won't play much after we acquired McGrady and Rodriguez. I guess D'Antoni doesn't want to hear the "We want Nate" chants again.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

D'Antoni's new 8-man rotation: S-Rod, T-Mac backcourt , Gallo,Wil,Lee. Al, Duhon, House off bench. Very small lineup. Time to run again?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Dunon no longer starting

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Sergio lucking out finding the only team in the L pathetic enough to have hiom start with also the most PG friendly coach. Thats a win-win right there. Nah i think hell be aiight though, he can run the break ALOT better than Duhon plus imo hes moe skilled.

btw if we sign ou FAs this summer can we also esign Lee to a big deal, doesnt salay cap not effect resigning players? If true and we sign 2 FAs i would 100% than lock Lee up for like 5 yeas and the money he deserves and focus on building a dynasty with him involved AT THE 4!!!!
laugh.gif

Sergio isnt going to be much better then duhon. hes a backup point, at most. Tmac at the wing should help him though.

we better get lebron or this is a complete failure..I don't care what anybody else says...we've sucked for too long and haven't had a franchise player in a long time...

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

we better get lebron or this is a complete failure..I don't care what anybody else says...we've sucked for too long and haven't had a franchise player in a long time...
This

reckless
smh.gif

as a Knicks fan I hope for the best, but at the same time I wanna see all these desperate moves backfire in front of Walsh's face once the free agency everybody is banking on doesn't turn out as great as planned

When I was a kid, my classmate told me McGrady will be a Knick someday. I laughed at him in the face. Now, he's a Knick. It's hard to believe.

TOPtmac021810.jpg

amares not being traded apparently. no way dude stays in phx even with that 17 mil dollar option he has. at WORST case scenario we're at least getting him, no way dude passes on the opportunity. he and phx are gunna have bad relations, he knows they're not touching LA/Denver/the mavs if the butler trade works out for the team. dude will be in phx gettin bounced out the first round for years with an aging nash.

he also likes the spotlight, and probably feels he should be considered as one of the leagues premier players, and being in NY will definitely get him more attention/marketability.

If we don't get Bron+Bosh, theres no way you can complain about getting Amare + bron/wade, and a potential "power move" with curry's expiring.

Originally Posted by nublee

reckless
smh.gif

as a Knicks fan I hope for the best, but at the same time I wanna see all these desperate moves backfire in front of Walsh's face once the free agency everybody is banking on doesn't turn out as great as planned
nice to know. stay out of this thread. thanks
indifferent.gif

I just realized that Nate is my favorite player in the league...

He will be missed. I hope the Celtics win it this year.

As for this team... I'll probably still watch the games religiously. But my heart just isn't with the Knicks anymore. ATL & Boston here I come!

Back
Top Bottom