If that 2012 pick is in the lottery, Donnie wont be around to see it.

Probably makes it easier for him to part with, honestly.

^^ dont let Lee bolt. Hes exactly the kind of glue guy that every team needs, doesnt need the ball to be effective, great leader and it will be nice to have a guy whose been here from the getco around when we start to win, and he can still perform at an allstar level and drop buckets need-be as we have seen these past 2 years.

Isnt it true that if we use up our max contracts, we can spend any amount signing Lee because you dont need cap to resign players? If we got lets say Lebon/Amare i wouldnt mind at all than throwing a 5 yr deal or some %#*@ towads Lee to lock him down for the future. And we are no longer rebuilding cause wed have Lebron and Amare so cap room wouldnt be no thing, we could give him that $10-12 mil he wants and probably may get from some teams this summer with his all-star performance this year and all these teams under cap. ALOT who are gonna miss out on the big name kinda guys

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^ dont let Lee bolt. Hes exactly the kind of glue guy that every team needs, doesnt need the ball to be effective, great leader and it will be nice to have a guy whose been here from the getco around when we start to win, and he can still perform at an allstar level and drop buckets need-be as we have seen these past 2 years.

Isnt it true that if we use up our max contracts, we can spend any amount signing Lee because you dont need cap to resign players? If we got lets say Lebon/Amare i wouldnt mind at all than throwing a 5 yr deal or some %#*@ towads Lee to lock him down for the future. And we are no longer rebuilding cause wed have Lebron and Amare so cap room wouldnt be no thing, we could give him that $10-12 mil he wants and probably may get from some teams this summer with his all-star performance this year and all these teams under cap. ALOT who are gonna miss out on the big name kinda guys
First, I agree, you can't let Lee go. LeBron turned Mo Williams into a reserve All-Star (who was chosen after an injury). David Lee did that without LeBron!
laugh.gif
As stupid that sounds, imagine what Lee will be like paired up alongside LeBron, hypothetically *knocks on wood* if we sign him.

Nextly, I don't know the exact process of re-signing players but I'm under the impression you can re-sign players and it would be able to exceed the cap (you'd pay the dreaded luxury tax though). Howeverrrrrrrrr, you'd have to sign that player LAST because if you re-sign him before other free agents (role players I assume), it will work against the cap if you're under it.

So let's say you want LeBron & Amar'e, it would be

LeBron - 12 mil
Amar'e - 12 mil

Then you have another 8 mil to spend before you reach the cap.

Then Random FA #1 - 4 mil
Random FA #2 - 2 mil

Then you have 2 mil left to spend before reaching the cap.

That's when you give David Lee his 8 mil which would put us 6 mil over the cap.

^Yes, you can go over the cap resigning your own players.

10-12 is a lot for a guy like lee.

i dont know man, we just got to pray everything goes the way we want it to this off-season. i have a REAL GOOD feeling about Tmac though, so thats a good sign at least.

Realistically, i only see Bosh coming here due to his relations with coach mike. i would love to pair him with wade though.

Originally Posted by BangDak

mad.gif

What more does he have to do to convince you guys that he is LEGIT??

I mean seriously, what do you think is a good contract for a "guy like Lee"?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

mad.gif

it's all relative to the market and cap space. it's not like any of us want to take money out of david's pockets. he's a real hard worker and has been good to us.

at the moment? the way things are looking for the "new" NBA? i'd say 6-7 million. But other teams will give him way more so it's whatever.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by SHUGES

mad.gif

it's all relative to the market and cap space. it's not like any of us want to take money out of david's pockets. he's a real hard worker and has been good to us.

at the moment? the way things are looking for the "new" NBA? i'd say 6-7 million. But other teams will give him way more so it's whatever.
I would say he's due 7 or 8 purely for the fact that he made the All-Star team. LaMarcus Aldridge's contract extension doesn't help Lee either because he hasn't lived up to it. Also depends on whether or not Horford gets a contract extension this off-season I think.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm scared for this offseason. Seriously, and Allen I see what you were referring to. The guys on ESPNRadio were hinting at this as well, that they don't think he's worth X amount of $, etc... Kinda foul if you ask me, throughout this extended period of mediocrity (putting it mildly) he's been putting up EXCELLENT #s and has gotten better EACH year.

Lee is worth about 9-10 mil per year, some of us don't see his value. We would if there was a player consistently dropping 20 & 12rbs a game on us on 55FG%

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I got an old Knicks warmup jacket from the Sprewell era, he's mad because I'm stylin on him
grin.gif

o really? what size and how much u tryna let that go for?
nerd.gif
but you should post that in the knicks hate thread definitely will ruffle some feathers

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Lee is worth about 9-10 mil per year, some of us don't see his value. We would if there was a player consistently dropping 20 & 12rbs a game on us on 55FG%
If we sign our FAs and than give up on Lee cause we dont wanna give him his $10 mil after all this !%%%. I will be
mad.gif

%$+% the loyalty argument or the "what do we owe him? argument" I hate that !%%%, and honestly its not even about loyalty, its about that if we are putting together a contender DLee is EXACTLY the guy you want to backseat your stars at the 4. A guy who has no problem doing the dirty work and hes great at it but hes also so skilled and can step up and be that scorer need be, to have Lebron and a dude like Amare, you put so much focus on them but you cannot forget about DLee at all either, hes very athletic has GREAT touch aound the hoop(both hands) and he even got that J now. Thats a guy you wanna keep for the long haul + the leadership and fan favorite aspect of it all. DLee is the NY blue collar fan favorite hero, picked 30th in the draft wasnt that good, and has just been getting better nd better through hard work, if you needa keep at least one guy here thats been here Lee is that dude.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

If we sign our FAs and than give up on Lee cause we dont wanna give him his $10 mil after all this !%%%. I will be
mad.gif

%$+% the loyalty argument or the "what do we owe him? argument" I hate that !%%%, and honestly its not even about loyalty, its about that if we are putting together a contender DLee is EXACTLY the guy you want to backseat your stars at the 4. A guy who has no problem doing the dirty work and hes great at it but hes also so skilled and can step up and be that scorer need be, to have Lebron and a dude like Amare, you put so much focus on them but you cannot forget about DLee at all either, hes very athletic has GREAT touch aound the hoop(both hands) and he even got that J now. Thats a guy you wanna keep for the long haul + the leadership and fan favorite aspect of it all. DLee is the NY blue collar fan favorite hero, picked 30th in the draft wasnt that good, and has just been getting better nd better through hard work, if you needa keep at least one guy here thats been here Lee is that dude.
a1jskl.gif

i don't understand how people are talking about having david lee after signing 2 FA's. where is this money coming from?

I don't feel like typing a lot. I just agree with Allen.

Ticket prices shot up from $28 to $47 minimum overnight for Saturday's game.

Back
Top Bottom