Nate was only accepting a trade to LA, Boston or Orlando...so there wasn't too much to seek out.

i have no problem with it. They can buy a late round 1 pick this year again.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Nate was only accepting a trade to LA, Boston or Orlando...so there wasn't too much to seek out.

i have no problem with it. They can buy a late round 1 pick this year again.
man we might as well have kept him for this !$@+%% deal. We are trading him for garbage. Nate is younger and better than House and the dude we pick with the Cs second rounder isnt making the team... i dont mean to sound like a Nate homer but i dont see why House is looked at as a solid guy to keep around long term but Nate is looked at as a dude thats gotta go.

I mean both are bench players and both are fine with their roles, only Nate is alot better, alot more athletic, plays harder, and is charismatic and a fan favorite. Plus they are both expiring. I dont see the point of giving him up just for the sake of it. If we can get thier 1st rounder out of it, still not much but fine, but its basicall a Nate for House swap straight up, that $$%! is wack. Only thing House has on Nate is his shooting, and that doesnt even include shooting off the dribble
smh.gif

and on a side note, if teams like the Celtics and Lakers are looking to make deals for him and *%@% they obviously see him as a guy who can contribute nicely off the bench on a winning team. Like whatever, im not saying definitley keep him, but if we do sign FAs and are contenders next year, why couldnt Nate play the same role here? Again, im not saying he should be untradeable, but hes not the kind of guy you give up for garbage
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ok i came to the conclusion that besides for this nate deal, we'll be stuck with our current team. rumors and "finalized deals" FTMFL

UPDATE: Nate is "officially" gone
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
happy.gif

From Hahn: “Nate trade not “official

You're acting like Nate has any type of chance to be brought back again.

I'd say he had his chance this year to grow up and be a consistent part of this franchise. And I'd say Donnie and Mike Did not believe that to happen.

the Nate trade makes no sense at all for only a second rounder? makes me wish we did that trade last year with the Kings if it's true cus at least we woulda been got rid of Jeffries contract...

Two sources close to negotiations have informed TKB that the Nate/Boston deal is signed and seemingly done, and the Knicks have managedto pry a first round pick from Boston.

The deal has not been sent to the league as of yet as theparticulars are complicated and not yet revealed, just that a firstround pick, (not sure of what year, but would have to figure 2011) isinvolved along with http://sny.stats.com/nba/playerstats.asp?id=3436&team=/www.theknicksblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/alinks/images/external.png)">http://www.theknicksblog....nks/images/external.png) no-repeat scroll right center; padding-right: 13px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" rel="external">Eddie House.

As I’ve been saying, Walsh has been trying to snag a pick asleverage in McGrady negotiations…Plus Danny Ainge knows that theCeltics window is closing and needed to make a move.

House played for D’Antoni in Phoenix, and based on that relationship and the one with Nate, he is obviously okay with the move.

Yay first rounder! doesnt matter, as i expected, the pick would most likely be used in the Tmac deal.

i wish we could get a first rounder for this year though
frown.gif

Regardless of whether it is a 2nd or 1st I'm fine with it.  I'll never understand some Knicks fans irrational attatchments to mediocre players

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Regardless of whether it is a 2nd or 1st I'm fine with it.  I'll never understand some Knicks fans irrational attatchments to mediocre players

he's actually 1 of the only guys on the team who plays hard every night and actually wants to be here...he's the perfect role player off the bench

If its a first rounder and house for nate then that is a great deal for us. Sad to see nate go since he played with heart every night but we were never winning with him and dantoni doesnt like him. The main person that needs to go is duhon, if I see him start for the rest of the season then
indifferent.gif
. Rockets playing games with walsh but walsh always got that poker face and we will see if his patience will get us tmac or lose him....

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Rockets
May Not Trade T-Mac?
[/h1]Feb 17, 2010 4:48 PM EST

A source said that the Rockets are now leaning toward not trading
Tracy McGrady because they have not gotten an offer they like enough to
pull the trigger.

laugh.gif
that makes no sense it's basically keep him at home Pay him his 23 mill and try to get nothing? not try to improve your team?
eyes.gif
WOW $%@# the rockets

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Additionally, Nate wasn't coming back anyway, might as well send him somewhere he wants to go and get something in return.

Nate played hard, brought enthusiasm, excitement, and in a perfect world, I wish he could be a part of the time when things finally turn around.

However he doesn't have a place here, he was too boneheaded to be a consistent starter, not to mention he's still 5'9" and a shooting guard.  I appreciate the great players, moments, and memories he's had with the team, but his time had come and there was no future with him. 

if this TMac deal falls through there really is no blaming Waslh imo he doin all that he can. This dude Morey is just
smh.gif
though

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

Originally Posted by THE GR8

if this TMac deal falls through there really is no blaming Waslh imo he doin all that he can. This dude Morey is just
smh.gif
though

I agree
tired.gif
Y'all have to realize power lay in Morey's hands.  He knows the Knicks are for more desperate than the Rockets and he has player that equals 23 million coming off the books...worst comes to worse he has an abundance of cap-space once the year is done.  And I think we'll get him he is just trying to get us to budge but Donnie is being smart.

Boneheaded? yeah he was stupid at some times, but he never pulled a Agent Zero or anything
laugh.gif

Nates going to fit so well in the C's, take a look at jamal crawford. two passionate players that actually care about their team, best of luck once again nate!

And Morey's a good GM, why not send them mobley as "cap relief" insteaed of hill? i know damn well that just saves them a ton a money.

Darko for Cardinal looks official.

one bum that acts like a douche out, one bum who knows he's lucky to have a job, in.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Darko for Cardinal looks official.

one bum that acts like a douche out, one bum who knows he's lucky to have a job, in.

what the hell does this do for us? dolan, you cheap greeedy bastard. at least if any fight gets down, you know darko would be the first one to jump in throwing punches
laugh.gif

Rights to ricky rubio? first round pick? why should we help the wolves when they wouldnt budge on any offer for the 5th round pick?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom