Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Its not a first round pick for Tmac, its a first round pick for a second max increasing the likelihood of signing a big free agent.
no, no, no it is 3 1st round picks (2 very well may lotto picks or even worse if we do nothing this summer along with Hill who went top10 in his own rights) for having enough $ to sign 2 FAs. Idk but to me the risk is too much for the reward considering if the deal doesnt fall through its not like we are %%+%+*, we still have enough $ for a max + a little more.

The way i look at it is this... Lets say we dont make the deal, we have enough $, still have a very good shot at a guy this summer, but even if we fail, we suck it out for ONE more year, have a draft pick to show for it, and have Jeffries and Curry come off leading to 2 max contracts in 2011 when Melo is a FA. But dont forget if this trade doesnt go through its not like we still have no chance this summer also, its just as much as it was before.

However if the trade does go through than we add more likelyhood that we sign big names this summer. But if we dont sign somebody we guarentee suck until 2013. I mean lets be real if we aint signing someone this summer with that $, 2012, 2013 will be no different considering we got no 1st rounders to make up for our lack of success to help out.

However if Walsh can manage (ridic how that sounds because they are ripping us a new one) to make that 2012 top 20 protected id have less of a problem because you play the risk and rewards game. You have higher likelyhood to be succesful and sign someone this summer, if not we suffer a year and have to swap picks with Houston (which would suck but some risks you gotta take although as i said im not down for 3 first rounders and all 3 potential lotto picks) and than god forbid we suck another season at least we can start to rebuild and add a top draft choice making NY a mosre desirable location.

I swea though if it is Hill, Jeffries, Hughes, swap, and an unprotected pick god *$#+%*$ help me, im not starting out this decade making *!%#!% *$#+%*$ trades again
smh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Nate for who ?
Boston's first round draft pick, I think. In turn, the Knicks are able to trade their draft pick while still retaining Boston's pick.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Its not a first round pick for Tmac, its a first round pick for a second max increasing the likelihood of signing a big free agent.
no, no, no it is 3 1st round picks (2 very well may lotto picks or even worse if we do nothing this summer along with Hill who went top10 in his own rights) for having enough $ to sign 2 FAs. Idk but to me the risk is too much for the reward considering if the deal doesnt fall through its not like we are %%+%+*, we still have enough $ for a max + a little more.

The way i look at it is this... Lets say we dont make the deal, we have enough $, still have a very good shot at a guy this summer, but even if we fail, we suck it out for ONE more year, have a draft pick to show for it, and have Jeffries and Curry come off leading to 2 max contracts in 2011 when Melo is a FA. But dont forget if this trade doesnt go through its not like we still have no chance this summer also, its just as much as it was before.

However if the trade does go through than we add more likelyhood that we sign big names this summer. But if we dont sign somebody we guarentee suck until 2013. I mean lets be real if we aint signing someone this summer with that $, 2012, 2013 will be no different considering we got no 1st rounders to make up for our lack of success to help out.

However if Walsh can manage (ridic how that sounds because they are ripping us a new one) to make that 2012 top 20 protected id have less of a problem because you play the risk and rewards game. You have higher likelyhood to be succesful and sign someone this summer, if not we suffer a year and have to swap picks with Houston (which would suck but some risks you gotta take although as i said im not down for 3 first rounders and all 3 potential lotto picks) and than god forbid we suck another season at least we can start to rebuild and add a top draft choice making NY a mosre desirable location.

I swea though if it is Hill, Jeffries, Hughes, swap, and an unprotected pick god *$#+%*$ help me, im not starting out this decade making *!%#!% *$#+%*$ trades again
smh.gif
If you look at it like that its stupid. Its Jordan Hill who doesnt look special if he becomes a 12/8 guy fine. I doubt hes going to be a 18/10 guy. Its Hill, A first round pick and a swap of first round picks which wont matter if we get the guys we want will be higher than their pick anyway. 

That's it ? I wouldn't do that.. Maybe house + pick. Still wouldn't want Nate gone.. How much does house make?

goodnight. the internet is driving me crazy with all the trade talk. it's really funny how much useless information is absorbed these days. I can list like 4 pages of broken deals from the last week

u kno what i just realized another pretty damn good thing to pitch to an FA...

say hypothetically we get Wade+Stat (as opposed to the best case scenario of Bron + Bosh)

you also have eddy curry's expiring contract to trade to a team thats not going anywhere with financial trouble for a third piece. (unfortunately we have to be realistic and say we're trading wilson chandler with him) so say we get a dude like monta ellis for that package.

PG - Ellis
SG- Wade
SF- T-mac
PF - Gallo
C - Stat

Best case

PG - Ellis
SG - Bron
SF - T-Mac
PF - Gallo
C - Bosh

bench - toney douglas + ring chasers
pimp.gif
(Jason Kidd, AI, Karl Malone
nerd.gif
)

LA vs. NY would be so epic for the finals. probably see death row re-unite against bad boy, and then out of nowhere the return of tupac to put an end to the onslaught of the p.diddy and jay-z combo.

I swear son this 2010 stuff has taken up countless hours of my life dreamin ab this, playin the role of GM etc.
laugh.gif

GSW is locked into him for 4 years after this summer, they're not doin %$$%, they have a lot of bad contracts, steph curry and monta backcourt will get BODIED on a nightly basis.

they're better off havin a backcourt of steph + chandler, while savin millions a year and developing young talent.  warriors fan knows this team needs a fresh start (although they prefer it starts in the FO). and we NEED a pg...the only way we're acquiring one is through trades since no good PG will be an FA this summer.

if you're GS you sell tickets with ellis for the first half of the year, then at the deadline make this deal after you're done milking him (ayo) since nobody will give a %$$% ab the warriors when they see that teams going nowhere. and you get a legit young talent in return in wilson chandler, and you're backcourts combined weight no longer is in the 200s
laugh.gif

its more unlikely than likely it happens, but what do you see us doing with curry's expiring if we get 2 superstars this summer. i definitely see us being in RIGHT NOW mode and trying to form a big 3 in a package deal rather than waiting until 2011 to sign somebody.

I'd love to see Nate succeed since his future with the team doesn't look bright... but please not to Boston
laugh.gif

Anyone else I'd be ok with, but just not the Celtics.

Am I the only one that thinks the Knicks would be giving up WAY too much for an expiring contract? Why not just pay the luxury tax instead of giving up Hill + a 1st round pick?
smh.gif

iT'S Cool you haven't won anything in a minute dont worry hopefully you land LebRON! lOL Sike

Originally Posted by nublee

Am I the only one that thinks the Knicks would be giving up WAY too much for an expiring contract? Why not just pay the luxury tax instead of giving up Hill + a 1st round pick?
smh.gif

Maybe cause the Rockets want Hill and a first round pick as the main comp for tmac?

smh.gif

Maybe cause the Rockets want Hill and a first round pick as the main comp for tmac?

Yes sir. People need to stop looking at this deal as "the kitchen sink for t-mac" its clearly not the case.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

smh.gif

Yes sir. People need to stop looking at this deal as "the kitchen sink for t-mac" its clearly not the case.
I understand that but i still think giving up Hill (a top 10 pick) AND 2 more 1st round picks is too much for even clearing more cap space (Jeffries at that, not even Curry), when we still have a shot (not as much but still a shot) if we dont do the trade. Cause if we do the trade and dont get anyone we are straight up *!%%%@. I mean im not an idiot i clearly know that Donnie isnt a fool and thinks that TMac is gonna be a star and is giving up all this just for talent, but for all that id rather pass it up, make a go this summer with the cap that we have and see what we can do, and if not stick it out for another season, we will at least have our draft pick to show AND Jeffries and Curry will be expiring contracts. Giving up 3 first round picks to get rid of a guy who makes just over $6 million and only up to next season is just not worth it imo

Back
Top Bottom