I don't get why anyone would be against this trade....

If the whole goal of the team the alst few years was to clear cap space, this trade will do it...

And we're not losing anything...harrington is a FA and would've been gone after this year anyway, Jefferies is a good guy to have off the bench, but not for 6 mil per...and Hill hasn't shown anything besides the potential to be a decent backup. It's not like Walsh/D'Antoni are trying to win anything this year, why not clear cap room...

I'd be shocked if this trade goes through, because T-Mac is a wash, so it's basically taking Jefferies 6 mil on the cap next year for Jordan Hill....not too great of a trade for them

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by BangDak

I can give a damn about the cap space.

cbe350d6e9a786e6fa686d8b0eb6a6f1e09dca8.jpg

laugh.gif
good execution

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

We always got 2011 to sign another FA.

Yeah man but who said for sure we are going to sign 2 max free agents this year?!
Seriously if you have suffered through the last decade as a Knicks fan and complained about not being able to get anyone I seriously dont see how you can like this trade.  Walsh has come in here and stuck to his gun and executed his plan.  They have gotten under the cap.  Now the key is signing the right players and we will see what they do?! If you don't "give a damn about cap space" then you must not like winning or understand what it takes to rebuild in the NBA.
I guess im alone on this then.

I didnt literally mean it that way, im just saying we have enough cap space already. we dont need to trade away our lottery prospect, just to get more. I mean, its not the end of the world if we can only sign one player, max or not. Knicks have traded away too many young talent, and im just tired of it. granted most of them wouldnt have succeeded and gotten to this point of their career if they were still on this team, but it still pains me.

If we can swap lets say Douglas, or another player (chris duhon anyone?) ill be all for it.

Nvm, I see everyone was already talking about this.

I'm definitely not with the draft picks being moved ONCE AGAIN, when will they learn?! 
smh.gif

its not the end of the world if we can only sign one player, max or not.

but if that one player won't sign unless another is coming with him..it would be a problem.

I do not like trading Hill, either. Obviously, I've been one of his biggest supporters. This is a deal that if goes through could really back fire, or it could be a huge reward.

Man I'm all for this trade but trading/exchanging those draft picks worries the heck out of me. That's a big risk we're taking, what if Lebron don't come here? Then were screwed. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

We always got 2011 to sign another FA.

Yeah man but who said for sure we are going to sign 2 max free agents this year?!
Seriously if you have suffered through the last decade as a Knicks fan and complained about not being able to get anyone I seriously dont see how you can like this trade.  Walsh has come in here and stuck to his gun and executed his plan.  They have gotten under the cap.  Now the key is signing the right players and we will see what they do?! If you don't "give a damn about cap space" then you must not like winning or understand what it takes to rebuild in the NBA.
I guess im alone on this then.

I didnt literally mean it that way, im just saying we have enough cap space already. we dont need to trade away our lottery prospect, just to get more. I mean, its not the end of the world if we can only sign one player, max or not. Knicks have traded away too many young talent, and im just tired of it. granted most of them wouldnt have succeeded and gotten to this point of their career if they were still on this team, but it still pains me.

If we can swap lets say Douglas, or another player (chris duhon anyone?) ill be all for it.

I mean I can hear your point and understand your frustration on giving up young talent but I feel the Knicks are keeping the young talent that is good and they are high on ie Chandler and Gallo.  Its not like they are trading everyone away and realistically they can't keep everyone either.  I am fine with the pieces they actually are keeping.  
Also for those worried about the 2012 pick....I really do not think that is going to happen.

ok walsh this is what you should do:

1. douglas/harrington/jeffries/pick for tmac and w.e
2. jordan hill + milicic for amare
3. hughes for ridnour

if we're giving up hill then why not get amare? and if the rockets wanted douglas, why not get amare and tmac?

The picks dont worry me, cause I'll be shocked if they are not in the playoffs in 2011 or 2012.

And they've already shown they'll buy a pick in late round 1.

Jordan Hill is the only concerning part of it to me.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

1. douglas/hughes/jeffries/pick for tmac and w.e

if we're giving up hill then why not get amare? and if the rockets wanted douglas, why not get amare and tmac?
Rockets want Hill

If we could do
1 -Hill+Jeffries+Hughes+Pick for Tmac
2 - Harrington for Tyrus Thomas
3 - Duhon/Douglas for Ridnour...
grin.gif

I'm just going to play Call of Duty, and when I get back I better see Jeffries gone.

Thank you Donnie.

*hangs up

So yall are basically saying you rather have Jordan Hill than Chris Bosh?
laugh.gif
o geez what do you his ceiling is? You he's gonna be Bosh in a couple years, Stat, or even David Lee? GTFOHWTBS !!! 1 SUPERSTAR IS NOT COMING HERE

3. hughes for ridnour

These trades are so unrealistic for multiple.
AI3xis I agree with you on your view regarding the picks and the fact that they will buy a late pick if needed.  And I also agree that they will be a playoff team at that time.  However, the Knicks are not high on Hill and although it would have been nice to see more from him; I am not high on him either.  

Guys, guys, the trades are my job.
laugh.gif

I have to admit, gallo and chandlers arent going to be all stars like we're hyping them to be. yeah they're nice, they're great role players, but they're def. expendable. however, its just not to clear cap space.

And i also dont mind giving up future first rounders, but the scouting better do a good job on the dept of that year's draft we're giving up (rough estimate because we all know we cant decide who declares and doesnt) because by that time like allen said, we'll be in the playoffs (knocks on wood.)

3. hughes for ridnour

These trades are so unrealistic for multiple.
Not really
grin.gif
. Houston wanted hill or douglas. Phoenix is look for the best offer for amare. hill + milicic > hickson + Z.

I have to admit, gallo and chandlers arent going to be all stars likewe're hyping them to be. yeah they're nice, they're great role players,but they're def. expendable. however, its just not to clear cap space.
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
idk how you are saying that this early when Gallo has been a beast and is already one of the best shooters in the L and is 6'10 and 21 years old. There is no reason to believe at this point that he doesnt have the POTENTIAL to one day be an allstar. Even Will has been looking like he can be more and more all-star caliber at some point in his career. Hey, when you start winning everyone looks better... who woulda thought 2-3 years ago that Rondo would one day be an allstar? and only in a few years time...

ballinsam mayy be up to something actually. I mean im not high on Amare but if you are gonna trade him why not get a top 10 pick who is compared to him alot? Along with some other players obvioulsy. I doubt we have the fire power to pull a maeuver like Amare but its kinda like how when the Wolves got rid of KG they got a young guy in his mold like Al Jefferson, or like when Starks and Oak got old we moved them for Spree and Camby respectively (although Hill doesnt have the All-NBA ability Spree had, but he was kinda like Hill a raw athletic forward who was a high draft pick... but than again Oak never had the ability that Amare had especially not that late in his career), also like when we traded Mas to get LJ... idk there are a few other examples like that. It wont happen though, but who knows, Hill may be intriguing to Phoenix because he fits that Amere type mold, is a top 10 pick, AND he went to Zona. However i doubt Phoenix is looking for that rebuilding like effort that Hill brings with that talented of a roster and that good of a record.

Im bout to sleep soon... i wanna wake up look on my phone for bball news and see that the deal is done

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i feel like we're getting raped, but i guess thats why donnie is the GM and not me.

what im thinking is that it really is 2010 or bust for us. think about it, if we can only get one superstar player its very likely that...

JJ stays in ATL (very likely imo)
LBJ stays in cleveland (not as big of a draw for him to come to ny if he has no legit sidekick)
Wade stays in miami (has room to re-sign and get another major FA in mia)
Stat gets moved to miami/cleveland (will certainly re-sign with either team)
bosh makes the playoffs in toronto...theres not as big of a reason for him to come to NY if hes gunna do it by himself with a mediocre supporting cast here.

its looking like its gunna be two BIG time players, or none...since one alone is looking like the most unlikely scenario.
IMPORTANT READ IMO:

one thing i wanted to add to this but didn't have the time to...

it really is 2010 or bust for us knick fans.

say hypothetically we have cap space for only one FA, and no big name signs with us

our roster is going to look like

Toney Douglas
Chandler
Gallinari
Jordan Hill
Eddy Curry (does he even count?)

and then what do we do? we have a team that on paper is worse than this years nets, and 7 roster spots to fill out (no 1st round pick either) our options are either sign the 2nd/3rd tier FAs who will NOT be legit difference makers, and have us stuck in mediocrity for years since you have to give these guys multi-year contracts, no way in hell they're signing for one year.

option 2: fill out the roster with a bunch of scrubs on 1 year contracts
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. and take our chances in 2011, and if that fails you repeat. yes eventually it will work but it will be HELL waiting omg. i've waited long enough man eff it

im against tradin hill, but the ends justify the means.

Gallos a great shooter, but hes been so one dimensional so far. hes shown great signs of flashes with his agility, height, but he has a lot of things to work on. he'll do great with a mentor though. (imagine this dude working with kobe's footwork
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
)

i mean, hes streaky sometimes too, but once he gets it on, yeah. but you get my point, hes still very raw, but i dont see his ceiling THAT high. hell, its only derons first year in the ASG, and look how good he is.

gallos one dimensional...? dude is not only the top 3 point shooter in the league right now, but even the guys from TNT who most likely barely catch knick games know that hes not one dimensional. he drives to the basket whenever his defender closes on him.

and the thing about williams is irrelevant. the guard position, especially pg in the west has been STACKED over the last couple of years. with that same logic you can just use a counter argument that jason kidd just made the asg and look how average he is.

For everyone saying no one will sign here, someone will sign here. There's too much money that's going to be thrown here for them not to. For the record, I'm for trying to get Chris Paul next season.

wuts with this misconception that dudes always have when talkin ab the knicks failin in 2010 they can get cp, or carmelo or something next year.

cp isn't an FA until after 2012/13, but he does have a player option that year.

Back
Top Bottom