I believe Curry would have to take a paycut of about 2 million in order to get two max under the best guessed cap space scenario.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

idk about giving up ALL those picks + Hill (a top 10 pick in his won rights) JUST to get rid of Jeffries. I would figure giving up Hill alone would be enough to unload Jeffries
ohwell.gif
they gota think Tracy has something left and will be signed past this year.

I hate dealing Hill. but at this point it seems no other way to unload Jeffries.

They better be DAMN SURE they can make a splash this summer.

now if you could put Hughes in this trade and then still flip Al for Tyrus Thomas...now that would be just fine with me.

I dont understnad how you guys are content with this.

none whatsoever. unless theres more deals coming, beh.

money for 2 max FA's. i know youre not a fan of it, but it's been the goal since Day 1.

I'm not exactly content with this, but I dont think it's a terrible risk.

i feel like we're getting raped, but i guess thats why donnie is the GM and not me.

what im thinking is that it really is 2010 or bust for us. think about it, if we can only get one superstar player its very likely that...

JJ stays in ATL (very likely imo)
LBJ stays in cleveland (not as big of a draw for him to come to ny if he has no legit sidekick)
Wade stays in miami (has room to re-sign and get another major FA in mia)
Stat gets moved to miami/cleveland (will certainly re-sign with either team)
bosh makes the playoffs in toronto...theres not as big of a reason for him to come to NY if hes gunna do it by himself with a mediocre supporting cast here.

its looking like its gunna be two BIG time players, or none...since one alone is looking like the most unlikely scenario.

We ain't gettin 1 superstar. we HAVE to get two, like nychiphop said ain't no superstar comin here without a legit sidekick

[h1]Knicks, Rockets Nearing Deal That Includes Jeffries, Hill[/h1]
Feb 15, 2010 6:30 PM EST

Hill_Jordan_nyk.jpg
The Knicks and Rockets have made progress on a proposed trade that would send Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries and either Al Harrington or Larry Hughes in exchange for Tracy McGrady, Joey Dorsey and Brian Cook.

Yahoo! Sports reports that "an agreement is within reach" and that the two teams are "increasingly confident" that the trade will get done.

In a part of the deal described as "fluid," the Knicks might swap 2011 picks with the Rockets and/or send their 2012 pick to Houston.

The deal would give the Rockets young talent in exchange for McGrady, a player no longer in the team's plans, while the Knicks obtain McGrady and clear approximately $7 million more of salary cap room for their summer free-agent pursuits.

RealGM Note: The Knicks will have enough to offer one maximum contract and with the removal of Jeffries' from the team's payroll, could have an additional $15 million or more to spend. Shedding Jeffries could therefore mean that the Knicks could be closing in on enough cap room to offer two maximum contracts even with the expected decline in the salary cap.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@Hoopdata: Knicks will bring themselves down to about 18mil (+ about 4mil for 8 minimum cap holds), putting them about 31mil under cap.

So if we buyout Curry...we would save an extra 2 million?

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Dream lineup after trade deadline:

Ridnour, tmac, gallo, dlee, tyrus thomas

Nate and wilson off the bench

Much better ball movement with new roster
pimp.gif

How would we get Tyrus Thomas.. For Harrington?

And how would we get Ridnour?

I dont think thats enough for two max.. maybe one max and one around 12-14..

But i did think we're getting Tmac one way or the other

max contract is around 16-17, I believe.

if it's not enough, it'll be within a million or less. I had crunched the numbers before and it's extremely close, if not enough.

CMON SON get it done

BUT I don't see which 2 max free agents would come here. lebron and wade won't be able to play together, lebrons ego is too big for that. bosh and jo johnson are southern boys aren't they? i don't see them coming.

If we get bosh, no need for lee I guess. I'm okay with signing 1 max and david lee and saving the money till curry comes off the books and there is a new CBA.
gonna be a hot summer if we pull this off,

And yeah we are going all in for 2010 i hope they know something we don't

Originally Posted by DubA169

And yeah we are going all in for 2010 i hope they know something we don't
word. Walsh seems pretty confident tho

After getting rid of Jeffries, our payroll for the summer would be around $20M

To you guys not agreeing with this deal can yall pleeaaseee tell me what you would prefer? Donnie is following the plan he said he would do when he got here and btw i think Mcgrady is gonna give us AT LEAST 20 ppg a night, BOOK IT.

I've been trusting in Donnie through everything so far, but I have to believe T-Mac is a part of the team's future plans, resign him for cheap and he can be effective in a reduced role depending on how the FA turns out. Or... he's just someone to try to save this season and give this team some excitement.

If not, giving up Hill for the cap space has to be done. I wasn't thrilled with the pick although I wanted to see him develop, but he's really the only available option in order to free up salary.

If the summer doesn't turn out like we hope, do we sign 1 FA then sit on the rest of the money/cap space in hopes for 2011? Or is the best play to fill out the roster with mid-level guys with the remaining space?

I think TMac will average more than 20ppg,

If everyone was willing to give up Lee, or even Chandler & the 8th pick for Rubio, Nate packaged with Jeffries, then why not Hill? for cap space and TMac?
i would rather keep hill though but hey

Big J 33 wrote:
If the summer doesn't turn out like we hope, do we sign 1 FA then sit on the rest of the money/cap space in hopes for 2011? Or is the best play to fill out the roster with mid-level guys with the remaining space?

I say we hold the money. mad people coming off 2011 and 2012. ultimate goal is a chip, not 4 seed in the east.

if the new CBA is intact wouldn't a max contract be like 9 milliion bucks? we would have a good amount of cash to throw around. get 1 max this summer, sign lee. then hpld the cash and go on a spending spree when curry gets off the books

Originally Posted by DubA169

Big J 33 wrote:

I say we hold the money. mad people coming off 2011 and 2012. ultimate goal is a chip, not 4 seed in the east.

if the new CBA is intact wouldn't a max contract be like 9 milliion bucks? we would have a good amount of cash to throw around. get 1 max this summer, sign lee. then hpld the cash and go on a spending spree when curry gets off the books

YES YES YES. BINGOOOOOO!

btw like i posted in the other thread, what does everyone think about my "stupid" trade proposals now?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

CP3 IN 2011
pimp.gif
im just so glad for once the knicks are doing SOMETHING it just feels good knowing that we may be able to sign a couple of excellent players this year, next year, or even 2012. As soon as this trade goes through were going up from here on

Back
Top Bottom