Giving up draft picks AND HILL???

C'MON SON!!!...

I'd rather they keep Hill, give up Douglas, this year's second rounder and an unprotected 2012 pick.

I, like everyone else, have no idea what this organization is thinking...

From a fans' perspective, it would be nice to see someone we drafted grow as a player and eventually help the team become successful instead of trading them away and staying mediocre...

I understand the business side of everything and that players rarely stay with the team that originally drafted them. But I would like to see Hill stick around past this season (same for Nate).

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

I dont really like giving up Hill
grin.gif
. But I think Tmac will surprise a few
QFT. I dont think this trade would be up for consideration if they not only though that TMac would be this teams best scorer right away and at least a shadow of his own self AND also a pat of the future a good player to help atteact other FAs. I think that if we went through to with this trade Donnie would kind of expect Tracy to be like our Ray Allen. Sure the Cs gave up young talent (Jeff Green) for an aging player in Allen, but they felt that Allen would help compliment dudes like Pierce and KG and contribute right away (which he did but than again Ray wasnt coming off surgery but also Tracy in his prime > Ray in his prime). If Tmac can drop 20+ for the rest of the season here and even if we dont make the playoffs this season, the Knicks end the season on a strong note Tracy might count as a valuable side kick or at least a 3rd option for any FA plus he is a big name player. I dont like the idea of giving up Hill this early, but if we can get rid of Jeffries and TMac still is TMac IMO i think this is worth it, and if Donnie goes through with this, than you best believe that he feels this way as well.

However no matter what happens i will not be content with Duhon being this teams starting PG past February 18th
smh.gif

^LOL Its not about giving up players for T-Mac. You are looking at it wrong....its about giving up players for extra salary cap relief! That has been the Knicks goal since focusing on 2010 and they have a great chance to accomplish that goal.

I like this trade....if it gives us more relief then I am all for it. I do not think the Knicks will end up giving up as many draft picks as rumored and I still think they will buy there way into the first round this year.

Because you're giving up WAY too much for Tmac, even if he can help us.

So lets pretend no one gets Tmac, wouldnt he be waived?

It's cap space. That's at the heart of this deal.

Sure there's the chance that he gets waived if no one trades for him, but then we're still suck with Jefferies contract.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@Hoopdata: Knicks will bring themselves down to about 18mil (+ about 4mil for 8 minimum cap holds), putting them about 31mil under cap.

So if we buyout Curry...we would save an extra 2 million?

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Dream lineup after trade deadline:

Ridnour, tmac, gallo, dlee, tyrus thomas

Nate and wilson off the bench

Much better ball movement with new roster
pimp.gif

How would we get Tyrus Thomas.. For Harrington?

And how would we get Ridnour?

Yea tyrus for harrington was rumored earlier and I believe donnie can bring it back to life. Ridnour would be for duhon and cash if need be.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^LOL Its not about giving up players for T-Mac. You are looking at it wrong....its about giving up players for extra salary cap relief! That has been the Knicks goal since focusing on 2010 and they have a great chance to accomplish that goal.

I like this trade....if it gives us more relief then I am all for it. I do not think the Knicks will end up giving up as many draft picks as rumored and I still think they will buy there way into the first round this year.

DING DING DING !

I've thought Tyrus could thrive in this system, but if Al is dealt for TMac...we have nobody the bulls would probably take back.

I can care less about jefferies. the thing is, you dont give up on your lottery pick when he hasnt even had enough minutes to prove himself.

Yeah BUT, if Hill is what stands between the chance of signing two max guys and one you trade him. I wouldn't do it if it was curry or Jennings but Hill? Yes mam

People care about Hill?

I don't have any emotional attachments to these players (nh) considering this franchise hasn't had a winning season in forever.

Who cares, you do what you gotta do for cap space.

Originally Posted by BangDak

I can give a damn about the cap space.

We always got 2011 to sign another FA.

Yeah man but who said for sure we are going to sign 2 max free agents this year?!
Seriously if you have suffered through the last decade as a Knicks fan and complained about not being able to get anyone I seriously dont see how you can like this trade.  Walsh has come in here and stuck to his gun and executed his plan.  They have gotten under the cap.  Now the key is signing the right players and we will see what they do?! If you don't "give a damn about cap space" then you must not like winning or understand what it takes to rebuild in the NBA.

Who would be our second Max FA?

The only person i can think of is bosh (considering we get wade/lebron (hopefully wade)

i really want no parts of Stat. Hes nice, yeah, but im tired of this no defense thing. Mikes team needs to play defense if they want to win, as proven in Phx.

I think this trade needs to go down.  Clearing cap space can give the Knicks a brighter future to just rebuild and make more smarter moves.  Who cares about the players right now, if T-mac can provide 20 ppg along with Chandler and Lee doing their thing Knicks should still compete.  I've been saying this all season, if someone is willing to take either Jefferies or Currys contract pull the trigger.  Knicks just need a better PG or start Douglas and give him a chance.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

People care about Hill?

I don't have any emotional attachments to these players (nh) considering this franchise hasn't had a winning season in forever.

Who cares, you do what you gotta do for cap space.
Agreed my dude! The job here is to develop the good young talent we have and rebuild.  NOBODY should be losing sleep over Jordan Hill but EVERYONE should be excited about some more cap space! 

if the knicks get tmac he can actually be our point forward and we wouldnt have to worry much about duhon anymore. anyone agree?

Back
Top Bottom