I was expecting much harsher
laugh.gif

I doubt they'd trade Augustin now to us to potentially help us catch them and clear up cap space.

5:52AM ET

[h5]Michael Beasley | Heat [/h5]

Last season Michael Beasley refused to wear protective knee pads or braces because he "didn't want to look Patrick Ewing."

Unfortunately for Beasley, he had to start wearing a knee brace Wednesday to protect his right knee, which he hyperextended recently.

"Now, I look just like Ewing," Beasley told The Miami Herald yesterday. "It's tough not to think about it when you've got a big, like, cast on your leg. It's going to take time to get used to."

laugh.gif

Eh, only a handful want nate starting. most of us just want duhon out.

Like someone mentioned, ill get the nod to Douglas, or run a backcourt of Nate & Hughes, if he can play with effort like he wants to be here.

I would give the Bobcats expirings if they wanted for DJ. we have more then enough to sign one max free agent.
and the bobcats are actually a good team. And i agree with that Brown > Mike.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Eh, only a handful want nate starting. most of us just want duhon out.

Like someone mentioned, ill get the nod to Douglas, or run a backcourt of Nate & Hughes, if he can play with effort like he wants to be here.

I would give the Bobcats expirings if they wanted for DJ. we have more then enough to sign one max free agent.
and the bobcats are actually a good team. And i agree with that Brown > Mike.

Douglas could not run the offense any better than Nate and he is FAR less talented. Im not saying i dont think Douglas can be effective, but hes nowhere near ready.

Bobcats want a veteran big for DJ, hmmmmm.....

98c35ef3e07da9a8c1ec177a573b34b9f1814f7.jpg

DO IT JORDAN!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I actually like the jeffries for Morrison idea. Jeffries can definitely help la as a defensive stopper against a variety of positions. Morrison isn't doin !++$ besides ridin the bench and the lakers don't need any expiring contracts they have their core for this year and jeffries would be a solid addition to it for this year and next year.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by Proshares

I know that ain't a gad damn Blue Jays hat you got on in your avy.

am i not allowed to?
laugh.gif
i have plenty different MLB hats to match my fits
smh.gif
mannn thats why they make yankee fits in any color imaginable.

jeffries for augustin. we get this done and augustin is our future PG for years come. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pretty sure Brown wouldnt want to help us at all.

And Nate cant run a team gr8. sorry, but he just cant.

Well dantoni has been using dlee as a point center putting him on top of the key and distributing with nate runnin off the ball.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Im pretty sure Brown wouldnt want to help us at all.

And Nate cant run a team gr8. sorry, but he just cant.
read my old posts i agreed with you. I straight up said that Duhon as bad as he is is our only true point. But as people after me pointed out its not that important because DLee has been running our offense lately on his point forward #*$+ and it helps to have 3 scorers/shooters around him with Nate now in along with Gallo and Will and Lee is a scoring threat as well. And even if Nate isnt exactly a "true" point guard like Duhon i think the fact that he is 10000x more talented than Duhon makes up for the fact that Duhon is more of a "true" PG and at the very least he deserves his chance to shine after 2 years of outplaying Duhon, plus we really have nothing to lose at this point, only gain. What if Nate can actually play like a true PG like we have seen him do from time to time AND hes more talented?

And im pretty sure LB has no hard feelings towards us, most of the hate was to Isiah. Im not 100% sure but i remember hearing that him and Walsh were pretty tight both being in the NBA for decades and both being from NY. And maybe im mistaking but didnt LB coach Indiana with success while Walsh was the exec??

and that works well because it brings the big man out, giving nate more room to drive in.

But having nate distribute? eh. im glad duhon has finally lost his starting job. i wouldnt mind him having the backup duties though.

Yes. they were together in Indiana.

I have no problem with NAte running the point now. not gona make anything much worse.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I have no problem with NAte running the point now. not gona make anything much worse.
Basically, and lets not act like Duhon was out there running the offense as well as Steve Nash or something.  There have been plenty of times where everyone's standing around waiting for him to make something happen. 

At least Nate brings us energy, I'm anxious to see Douglas as well.

[table][tr][td]
nate_robinson.jpg
[/td] [td]
Nate Robinson

New York

Position:  Guard

Height:  5-9 Weight:  180

College: Washington

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2009-10 Statistics [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]12.9 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]2.4 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]3.5 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]0.9 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.2 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.467 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.750 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.369 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]23.6 [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
chris_duhon.jpg
[/td] [td]
Chris Duhon

New York

Position:  Guard

Height:  6-1 Weight:  190

College: Duke

Player file | Team stats
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 2009-10 Statistics [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]8.0 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG[/td] [td]2.7 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]APG[/td] [td]6.3 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SPG[/td] [td]1.0 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BPG[/td] [td]0.0 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td]0.348 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT%[/td] [td]0.718 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P%[/td] [td]0.338 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MPG[/td] [td]33.2 [/td][/tr][/table]

Duhon avg 3 more apg but with 10 min more per game, which is almost an extra quarter that Nate does not play

While Duhon's assists are inflated with the pick and roll from lee, most of nates assists just come on kickouts where he cant really make a layup.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not opposing duhon's benching, i just dont think nate running point will work out as well as some of you are hoping. i just want to see how douglas runs this team.

Toney is really no different, though. He is a scoring/combo guard just like Nate.

He'll never start but he can fill that role nicely off the bench. I imagine D'Antoni envisioned him in that Nate/Barbosa role when drafted.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Toney is really no different, though. He is a scoring/combo guard just like Nate.

He'll never start but he can fill that role nicely off the bench. I imagine D'Antoni envisioned him in that Nate/Barbosa role when drafted.
agreed. Im not saying that Nate is our ideal fit at point guard, cause hes not. But i am saying is that he is probably our best option on this team.

Two teams have reportedly inquired about Bobcats reserve guard Acie Law, according to a source close to the situation that spoke with Tommy Dee of TheKnicksBlog.

“One of them is definitely New York,

Acie Law isnt bad.

I dont see the Bobcats moving DJ unless we give them Lee.

And who knows if they're going to keep felton long term. if they really liked him, they would have signed him to a longer contract, instead of a 1 year one.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

i swear to #!%$!!% god if the Bobcats point guard that we end up with is Acie #!%$!!% Law i will #!%$!!% kill Donnie Walsh.

I mean the Bobcats would have both Felton and Augustine (either of those PGs i believe would be able to run this system for now and the future) and we would #!%$!!% end up with Acie Law
smh.gif
smh.gif
i doubt they ask for lee in this situation. a third team or a 2nd player from our team will be involved. acie law though?
eyes.gif
. I have a good feeling we'll end up with law i dunno y. Maybe because i can actually picture him a knick uniform. Jeffries will definitely be included, but a 3 team has to be involved. If we get any PG from the bobcats i hope its DJ though. 

Back
Top Bottom