idk if its really a personal thing or maybe nates just handling it pretty well.

but like were just saying that nates too good to be sitting on the bench . . that's it really

theres points in the game where nate coulda played. . not only today

Now Nate is being asked how he feels. He keeps saying the same thing, how he needs to keep doing what he is doing, keep his head up high, how he needs to beprepared.

Tina: How did you feel about the fans chanting your name?
Nate: We won the game.
indifferent.gif

IMO, there is definitely something going on behind the scenes but Knicks PR telling him and D'Antoni to keep it under wraps.

um. what allen? that is ALL on the coaches fault.
what is?

Nate Robinson still showing immaturity 5 years into his career is a coaches fault? Cause he can't conform to what the coaches want is the coaches fault?

Mike D'Antoni is going to be here longer than Nate Robinson, he is not comprising what he believes for Nate Robinson. Right or wrong.

they say we're not signing AI to develop the young, yet how much PT is douglas, hill, chandler, and gallo receiving?
that was BS and we know it. AI didn't get signed because of his personality.

Chandler starts, Gallo has his place in the rotation and Douglas took Nate's spot. AI wasn't taking Jordan Hill's minutes...and anyway, we'reon game 21 of 82.

..Mike and Donnie both have not been upfront about everything, yes they've contradicted themselves.

But the fact that some of you think this 100% on D'Antoni and is just holding a grudge is a cop out for your favorite Knick. Nate is not a saint and we donot know what goes on behind closed doors, and yes some of that is probably better left unsiad.

You think the reason why Gallo was benched that OT game was really cause of a defensive match up with Stephen Graham? If D'Antoni never gives honestexplanations for decision, at least he's consistent.

i just don't get why we're upset about winning games without Nate.

I've liked Nate too, I know he's talented, but I'm not gona be upset about playing good ball right now without him.

If we start losing consistently again, Duhon is still shooting 20%...Nate will have a right to be out there. As for now, he just needs to act like aprofessional with the benching, so far he has.

wait what? how has nate been immature this season?
and dont even tell me that he chucked the 3 into the wrong basket. he should have waited an EXTRA two seconds, but the buzzer clearly buzzed before he eventhought about chucking it up. lets be real, that was blown way out of porportion.
now i honestly dont mind nate being benched if we're winning, but i think we all know damn well he derserves to be out there over duhon.

we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

From my perspective I would guess nate still hasn't grasped the things the coaching staff expects their players to do, on the court, in practice orwatching film, whatever. Considering the inactivity in regards to Nate this summer, that may be the consensus around the league as well

I do not think it's D'Antoni just singling a guy out.

marcus landry saw the floor before Hill the other night, my guess would be he's been more up to the expectation of the staff. same stuff.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Too big of a coincidence to dismiss at this point IMO.

We beat the Suns, Hawks and the hornets w/ Cp3..so does scheduling matter that much?

..a page back someone said D'Antoni is making it harder to get a win without Nate...completely baseless considering Nate has not been a part of one win all year.
I think you might be referring to what I wrote regarding D'Antoni's sudden stronger emphasis on defense and as a result choosing Duhonbecause of his supposed "stronger" defensive presence over Nate's offensive presence.

This ties in with what I also said about the Nets, a team with one win, being able to score their highest first half point total at today's game than inany other previous game. In my opinion, allowing a one win team to score their highest number of points to date at the half is struggling (Knicks were down bylike 9 points at the half).

It makes one believe that D'Antoni's excuse to use Duhon because of his "superior" defensive skills is sort of like a smokescreen for anissue he has with Nate rather than his actual preference to use Duhon because he's such a defensive powerhouse.

D'Antoni not giving valid or honest reasons/explanations appears to be a fault of his.

It's just not been with Nate's benching.

Donnie Walsh has had the same tendency, too.

I'm not saying these guys are perfect or not accountable for actions, either. There's always 2 sides. D'Antoni's not 100% at fault or egodriven, Nate isn't either. But in the larger scale of things, I'm gona keep the trust in the organization over the 1 year player.

Pretty much what annoyed me.

He was talking about DEFENSE, like Duhon is our stopper or something. Give me a break.

I will never understand how y'all really care so much about some of these guys...Real Talk, what has Nate ever done. He's an exciting player to watchbut when he was getting major burn last year, it wasn't like we were winning games right and left. I have 0 problem with Nate being benched.

and what has duhon proved to us so far?
it goes both ways. what can duhon do that nate cant?

I hate Duhon, but Nate is a 5'6 SG, Duhon is a fine backup PG but he should neverrrrrrrr everrrrrr be starting. But I will take him starting over Nateevery time.

i dont see how he runs this offense. most of his assists are just the pick and roll to lee. hughes+nate can do it just as good.
i can name something though, have an fg% of about 30% throughout the whole season
smh.gif
smh.gif

im not saying move nate to the starting point, but rather move hughes to the point, nate to the sg.
i understand duhon's the closest point guard we have, but lets face it. as much as i defended him last season, dudes been an bum.
does anyone think we should have made an move for ty lawson?
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Duhon is a better point guard than Nate. He's been horrible this year, but overall he's better at running an offense than Nate is.

Gotta agree with amp1 & HTTB.

Doo Doo > Nate as far as running the offense.

I respect his game and what he has accomplished with the odds stacked against him being able to succeed in the league and all.... But I have never been a fanof Nate's extra antics. It's a shame that he hasn't gotten "it" yet.

With that said, I don't want to see Mike basically end his career. Just trade the guy and get it over with.

I can't believe D'Antoni is seemingly allowing history to repeat itself here.
smh.gif

There's clearly something going out that we don't see on the court, and it is more than just D'Antoni picking on Nate, Hill and Darko can't getminutes either.

Duhon has been playing awful, but he's the only one who can really run the offense and be our point. Larry and Nate can't run the offense or stay the1.

"The biggest thing I was saying to the guys was we can't lose to the Nets," forward Al Harrington said. "No disrespect to them, but if wewant to start taking steps forward and going in the right direction, we have to win games vs. teams like the Nets."

^i like that mentality. you just have to pick on teams who are losing. that momentum really helps.

and i guess im alone on this nate situation
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom