2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

That's part of it but most of it is Nike's decision. To sell SB QS or GRs online you have to fill out and apply for that type of account. Most shops that are new wait monthes if not YEARS for an SB account. Once you get the account THEN you can apply for the online portion. If you're caught selling online and you don't have that type of account on file with Nike SB, say goodbye to your account. Let's just say, I MAY have seen a shop try and sell online without clearing it with Nike and it didn't work out for them.
nerd.gif
I'm getting my NT tuition worth with the education. Learned something new, but that's a valid point. 

I guess I would ask, What's the motivation of allowing retailers with approved accounts to retail online? Controlling the image of the product? 

Last edited:
       Quote:
I'm getting my NT tuition worth with the education. Learned something new, but that's a valid point. 

I guess I would ask, What's the motivation of allowing retailers with approved accounts to retail online? Controlling the image of the product? 
Well to answer your question to the best of my ability, I think the motivation is to allow the skate shop to gain more product selling potential. I think people forget sometimes that the SAME marketing machine behind NIKE Sportswear, is behind NIKE SB as well. Nike SB gives those online contracts to established and trusted shops, it's not like you can be some rinky dink a*s shop and SB will allow you to represent them online. SB knows that the more official a shop becomes/is, there will be more traffic in and out that shop and they'll be more of an image boost to SB. SB isn't stupid, they know what they're doing (hints the fact that some of there BIGGEST online retailers (Civil, Supreme, Premier, Brooklyn Projects and SPOT ect. have/ are having/ or have had their own collabs with SB themselves as a "thank you" for repping SB and doing the sales numbers they do). Also, having an online SB retailer license now is more prevalent because of how many shops are closing down and how the recession has effected ALL shops every day customer based traffic. More people are shopping online now then ever and there also a segment of people who just don't have shop within reach. (North Dakota/South Dakota and certain parts of Virginia ect.) With that, SB knows that the shops that were hit the hardest by the recession were skate shops. FNL, Footlocker, Footaction and so on, are sports based retailers. They have ALL kinds of customers coming in there to make all kinds of purchases. On the other hand, skate shops only have 1 kind of customer....skater boarders. The same skaters that are notoriously broke and cheap. You have to give skate shops other ways to move product or they'll die.   

Now here's where the money really comes into the equation. SB knows that not everything that they put on shelves in certain places will sell equally in every market. They know that certain stuff will sell better in certain places and certain things will sit in certain places, that's just life. Well for example, if you have a kid that lives in LA were the BHM SB lows sold out in 3 seconds, look online and order them from a shop in West Virginia (no shots) where they're not moving AT ALL, all parties win. The kids gets the sneaker, the shop get the sale and SB gets to venture into another home and possibly gain another life long customer. It's genius. It's genius because they also can tell an shop that has a online account not to sell something online and they have to abide by that. So certain drops that SB want to keep "exclusive" or "limited" get a "in store only" tag, keeping that exclusive feel to SB. They did that with the RESN, Skunks, Non-tourage, Pushead 2's ect. and look at the demand for those drops during and after their releases.   

Last edited:
Knowledge. 

Professor John00 in the bldg. Thank you sir!
LMAO! Thanks but I'm no professor. I'm just a regular dude. Stay in this thread my dude there's lots of info here and tons of dope people. Repped.

Last edited:
hey the spot collab is dropping 3/2. check their instagram for teaser pics. btw, 2 dudes before me said the same thing.

Decided to rock the McRADs to a kanye concert in london tonight, we'll see how this goes

John00 :nthat:

Dope Newcastles a few pages back. I passed on those too many times, now they done shot up in value, lol. I will atone for that.

curious to see those spots... especially if lightnings arent dropping... that little piece of what looks to be carolina blue on the swoosh is killing me tho (not a fan of the color)

Yeah I hear you on the price and I've never bought from him, that's the Croatianstyle guy from eBay. Only place I could think of that had that size.

Back
Top Bottom