2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The insole are hot for FTC's but I have no chance at getting them so QS release for me.

That troll needs to find some friends or a girlfriend. What a joke.

Safaris are dope but I can't pull them off, congrats to those who wanted them and got them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive

pull the trigger
Ive almost pulled the trigger on these a few times; feel like in a year peeps will be wondering why the heck they didnt cop when prices were retail or below. Them are beauts! Whats the best deal going on them right now?

Ive
Ive almost pulled the trigger on these a few times; feel like in a year peeps will be wondering why the heck they didnt cop when prices were retail or below. Them are beauts! Whats the best deal going on them right now?
I posted a deal on them a page back and Drewest posted something on them a few pages back.

white midsole wouldve made them a no brainer for me...I love gum soles but gum midsoles? 
grin.gif
 too much IMO

Damn, almost forgot to post my answers. Damn good reads though!

1.) Sneaker celebs really don't affect me at all as far as influencing what I wear. They're just marketing tools for Nike and other brands. I've met and interviewed DJ Clark Kent and Dave Jeff before and they were cool dudes. Clark isn't an a*shole like every says he is but I could see why some people take his abrasiveness as that. I think it's a New York thing. I learned a lot listening to Clark though, as far as how Nike works behind the curtain.

2.) A year ago I would have said the Huxtables but now with all the stuff surrounding that dunk, HANDS DOWN it's the Kozik Dunk High!

3.) 1.) Jimi Hendrix Dunk high

2.) "The Wild Thing"

3.)  High quality black velvet around the entire body of the dunk. Black laces. Side panels and toe cap are printed with flames. Tongue is white and the tag has a electric guitar with 1942-1970 on it. The laces are red. The out sole is black. Insole has this picture printed on it. (Below)

4.) The inspiration is Jimi Hendrix's burning of his guitar at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967.

5.) It will be released on March 31 the day that the event happened, as a QS.

1.) Miguel Dunk Low

2.) "The Leg Drop"

3.) All white premium leather ALL over the dunk. Black Nike check. Black lace seams. The tongue is white with an out line of his face hair on the tag. The insole has this picture on the insole (below) with "Let me adorn you" written under it.

4.) The inspiration is Miguel's mistake in trying to jump over a crowd during a awards show and leg dropping a audience member.

5.) It will be released on Hulk Hogan's birthday, because he's the inventor and perfect executor of the leg drop. It'll be a GR.

1.) Madvillain Dunk Low

2.) "ALL CAPS"

3.) THE ENTIRE DUNK IS ALL CHROME LOOKING 3M. The insole has this picture on the insole (below) as well as the track list for the album written on it. The out sole is chrome as well.

4.) The inspiration in the Madvillainy album.

5.) It will release on March 23. It will be a QS.

4.) If I had to pick one it'd have to be the Mid. I've always hated mids and I think they need to go.

Last edited:
#1 the only sneaker celeb there ever was and will be is jordan.

#2. Id say money cat.

#3 john00 killed it. Im not trying to follow after him...but id like to see a collaboration with a high profile designer like tom ford or the late versace.

#4. The soon to be released roshe run sb. Jk. Mids with strap = fugly

Damn, almost forgot to post my answers. Damn good reads though!

1.) Sneaker celebs really don't affect me at all as far as influencing what I wear. They're just marketing tools for Nike and other brands. I've met and interviewed DJ Clark Kent and Dave Jeff before and they were cool dudes. Clark isn't an a*shole like every says he is but I could see why some people take his abrasiveness as that. I think it's a New York thing. I learned a lot listening to Clark though, as far as how Nike works behind the curtain.

2.) A year ago I would have said the Huxtables but now with all the stuff surrounding that dunk, HANDS DOWN it's the Kozik Dunk High!

3.) 1.) Jimi Hendrix Dunk high

2.) "The Wild Thing"

3.)  High quality black velvet around the entire body of the dunk. Black laces. Side panels and toe cap are printed with flames. Tongue is white and the tag has a electric guitar with 1942-1970 on it. The laces are red. The out sole is black. Insole has this picture printed on it. (Below)

4.) The inspiration is Jimi Hendrix's burning of his guitar at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967.

5.) It will be released on March 31 the day that the event happened, as a QS.

1.) Miguel Dunk Low

2.) "The Leg Drop"

3.) All white premium leather ALL over the dunk. Black Nike check. Black lace seams. The tongue is white with an out line of his face hair on the tag. The insole has this picture on the insole (below) with "Let me adorn you" written under it.

4.) The inspiration is Miguel's mistake in trying to jump over a crowd during a awards show and leg dropping a audience member.

5.) It will be released on Hulk Hogan's birthday, because he's the inventor and perfect executor of the leg drop. It'll be a GR.

1.) Madvillain Dunk Low

2.) "ALL CAPS"

3.) THE ENTIRE DUNK IS ALL CHROME LOOKING 3M. The insole has this picture on the insole (below) as well as the track list for the album written on it. The out sole is chrome as well.

4.) The inspiration in the Madvillainy album.

5.) It will release on March 23. It will be a QS.

4.) If I had to pick one it'd have to be the Mid. I've always hated mids and I think they need to go.
I'd like to see a Storm Thorgerson inspired dunk. He did so much for album art, this would be a masterpiece. I'd call them just that- the Album Arts

still debating on those brazil low's.. they look really clean IMO dont know if they will sell out soon, since a couple sizes have gone on premier

My belated answers to this week's questions:

Question #1: Do "sneaker celebs" hold any weight to you? What place do they have in the community? What are your experiences with them, if any? Does their existence hurt the community at all? What are your thoughts on people that aspire to be them? Have you learned anything from them?

Question #2: What is the most underrated Nike SB?

Question #3: If you were Nike SB what one ( I'll allow up to 3 collabs, ONLY 3!) musical artist (ANY genre) would you collab with? Why? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided.

FORMAT:
1.) Name of artist and dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop, but DON'T get too loose with it.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?
(Question #3 disclaimer: AGAIN, THIS ISN'T THE MUSIC THREAD! I don't want to see this break off into album reviews. Any talk about the artist music should be brief and kept within the confines question #4 of the FORMAT section, if any.)

Question #4: If you could render ONE silhouette/model "useless" from the Nike SB brand and scrap them, what model would it be and why?

1. Actual celebs with true love for sneaks are cool beans in my book - AM (RIP), Chi McBride, Greg Street, and even Fat Joe. People who strive to emerge as a celebrity within the sneaker community because of their kicks - those people are a waste of time. Personally - and I've mentioned this before - I think Clark Kent really dropped the ball. Years ago, I would have placed him squarely in the former group - but now the way he shills (there's no way you can tell me he won't just post anything on his IG you pay him to) and all that have soured me on him. Personally, I don't exactly attempt to blend into the background on NT and stuff, but I want to be known for my knowledge, esteem for the culture, and that kind of stuff. I love when people tell me they consider me a resource, but I have no interest in being a "sneaker celeb." The best "sneaker celeb" is the anti-sneaker celeb - my homeboy, Corgi. The sneaker industry tries to make him a celeb and he actively refutes it. He's got a crazy deep Rolodex, but isn't the type to name drop. He's embodies a simpler time in the hobby - before the players started believing their own BS.

2. Underrated SB? I might go with Bucks. It's not that they aren't appreciated, but they are one of my favorites of all time and they seem to get lost among many of the more sought-after and "valuable" SBs released around the same time. Honorable mention to the Piet Mondrians - they were released after the heyday of SBs, but they were a really good idea and execution - they could have been released in silver box series and fit right in. In fact, if they released in the midst of the SB craze, they would have smoked!

3. Hmmm. I haven't actually thought of this before, so I'm just going to freestyle a concept here.
a. Mobb Deep. Dunk Low
b. The Infamous Dunk (no matter what you say about the CW, that's a dope freaking nickname for a shoe!)
c. I'm not sure this would be nice -but it would be distinct . So, if you take the classic Dunk colorblocking The toebox and side panels are army camo (they could use the material they used for the Supreme AF1s) and there's a gum sole. This is to represent the "strictly Tim boots and army certified suits" The heel and toe cap area are a royal-ish shade of blue and the swoosh is orange - this is to represent the NYCHA signs in front of every housing project in NYC. The insole would be white with a "The Infamous" written in the square project sign style as on the album cover.
d. I think I covered that in C.
e. The shoe would be released on the first Thursday of June in whatever year it drops - as that was what "Brooklyn-Queens" day used to be.

4. It wouldn't bother me if Nike SB was only Dunk highs and lows. I wouldn't want them to lose Blazer highs, but basically anything but the high and low dunk going away would not really impact me at all. That said, if others like the models, I see no reason to dump them.

Last edited:
1. Sneaker celebs don't matter to me at all, if anything some of them can kinda be a turn off to "the game" to me in a way.

2. I am somewhat new to SB's (insert douchey dunksb412 comment here) so I'm not 100% sure what stuff is slept on and what isn't. Not ashamed to admit what I don't know.

A little backstory if anyone cares:

I used to rock pretty much Etnies and a couple other skate shoe brands and had little care for my shoes or collecting for that matter. Kinda got back into shoes/Nike's after a long lay off. I used to rock J's when I was a kid, I had OG IV's and V's and Bo Jackson Auburn Trainer SC II's when I was in 5th, 6th, 7th grade. I started looking for retro's of some of these a little while back now that I'm a grown *** man. This is sorta how I got back into shoes, also have some friends who are serious "sneakerheads" for lack of a better term....and I almost immediately gravitated toward SB stuff. In some respects I wish I had gotten into SB's way sooner, would have a way better collection, but then again I'd prob have a lot less cash, so it kinda goes both ways.

3. SB Dunk collabs I'd like to see would be Sublime, Beastie Boys and a Wu Tang shoe (obviously not as limited as the F&F) that would be more attainable. I don't know how I'd design any of them, haven't thought that far into it. I'd say they'd all be highs, cuz Im diggin' highs more than lows lately (sunshineblotters..lol) and most definitely more than mids.

4. Most "SBs" that places like Zumiez sells.

Last edited:
By the way all of your wish list collabs sound awesome John, I especially dig the Jimi Hendrix idea. A purple haze shoe would be dope a.f. too. Maybe some purple velvet on em somewhere.

still debating on those brazil low's.. they look really clean IMO dont know if they will sell out soon, since a couple sizes have gone on premier
I'm waiting for my spot, Fishbone, to get them in as I have a 15% off frequent buyer card to use, which will make the purchase easier(who am I kidding, I'll probably break down and cop somewhere online before they get them in).

Also, why are Tecates in a size 10 so hard to find for a good price? 

By the way all of your wish list collabs sound awesome John, I especially dig the Jimi Hendrix idea. A purple haze shoe would be dope a.f. too. Maybe some purple velvet on em somewhere.
I thought about that playa, I even wrote up something for it and deleted it because I REALLY WANTED to challenge myself with the question! I love Jimi's music and really wanted to see what I could come up with. That "Purple Haze SB" was FIRE THOUGH! I was like, "NAW, they'd probably see this coming, let me hit them with the "Wild Things" 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
 The stuff I be passing on. Repped.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been said in this thread or not but SN has confirmed the dates for the FTC. 05/25/13 for FTC locations and 06/01/13 for other Nike SB locations. They seem to have been pushed back to June. 

Last edited:
1.) Miguel Dunk Low

2.) "The Leg Drop"

I spit my drink out man. I'd triple up

I spit my drink out man. I'd triple up
I had to look it up, I hadn't seen that video of him yet. Hilarious. I like how he grabs the big girl afterward who wasn't even the chick he smashed. Also the fact that John wants to release it on Hogan's birthday was classic.

Back
Top Bottom