2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

(Please watch the videos)

Link to thread created by Khrysti Hill: http://niketalk.com/t/520987/legs-sneakers-vol-2

By watching those videos and peeping the thread link I provided, you'll see the two polar opposites in the female sneaker community. I presented all the material to ask the question:

Question #1: What are your thoughts on female sneaker heads? Do you respect them for their collections or do you feel like they're just collecting for attention? Are they misrepresented in the community? What are your experiences with them?

Question# 2: With sneakers being such a big part of your life, have sneakers ever influenced what women you've dated? Has sneakers ever gotten a woman to become interested in you romantically? Stories?

Question #3: If you had to give away all but three pairs of the sneakers in your collection, what 3 would you keep and why?

Question #4: What's a sneaker that is SUPER HYPED now, that you remember releasing and passing on or copping with ease? What makes it SO hyped now, and do you think it's justified looking back?

1-Indifferent about female sneakerheads....unless they want to buy me a pair LOL but yeah a lot of them are doing it for attention.  Hell a lot of male sneakerheads are doing it for attention.

2-Sneakers haven't really influenced what women I've dated.  Ideally her shoes would be a happy balance - some sneakers, some dress up ish.  NO Uggs or Crocs tho

3-

A-Black Cement 4: my favorite sneaker of all time

B-Black Cement 3: imo the best Jordan of all time...the franchise saver plus it goes with EVERYTHING lol

C-Lebron 9 Swingman: love the color of the shoe

4-For a shoe that has already dropped I'll have to go with the Olive 9.  I never liked the 9s, especially the Olives.  For an upcoming drop I'll say the Laney 5 or Fire Red 3...both are average imo

Originally Posted by John00  

Question #1: What are your thoughts on female sneaker heads? Do you respect them for their collections or do you feel like they're just collecting for attention? Are they misrepresented in the community? What are your experiences with them?

Question# 2: With sneakers being such a big part of your life, have sneakers ever influenced what women you've dated? Has sneakers ever gotten a woman to become interested in you romantically? Stories?

Question #3: If you had to give away all but three pairs of the sneakers in your collection, what 3 would you keep and why?

Question #4: What's a sneaker that is SUPER HYPED now, that you remember releasing and passing on or copping with ease? What makes it SO hyped now, and do you think it's justified looking back?
1. I'd only care about a female sneakerhead if she was my size. Not happening since imma sz 12.

2. I've never let a girl's shoe game influence whether or not I decide to get at her. I could careless.

Nike Dunk Low Premium SB QS Nontourage...wear-ability, comfort, and my all time fav. SB.

Nike Air Yeezy 2 NRG...value and effort involved in obtaining them.

Etnies x ******g Awesome Perry Plus...rarity.

4. The Skunk Dunk SB's. Hated them then & hate them now.

btw, repped for taking the time and effort into making this thread feel like a community, something sorely lacking in almost every other thread.

Last edited:
damn home girl is pissed at NT what yall do to her , catfish ,spam :rofl:

I have always loved chicks that were into SHOES in general, but it seems that lately some girls (not all) are only into certain kicks because its what's popular especially when it comes to j's or SBs , or to post pics up on IG and get likes. there are some legit female "sneakerheads" on here one is ms Cee cee, she is doing her thing.

2. ive never dated a female sneakerhead, any girl ive been with including my GF now all Love heels, and boots, can never get her into a pair of j's not even SBs, so that has no factor for me, as long as she keeps her toes good we good lol.

3. bred 11s -such a clean shoe
bred 4s - could never part with my babies.
blk cement 3s never , need a second pair

Link to thread created by Khrysti Hill: http://niketalk.com/t/520987/legs-sneakers-vol-2

By watching those videos and peeping the thread link I provided, you'll see the two polar opposites in the female sneaker community. I presented all the material to ask the question:

Before i start did anyone see the thread she made
indifferent.gif
 All honesty it was painful she was just looking for attention

1) I feel like one bad apple can ruin the bunch... cough cough *shoe girl katy* cough 

2) Shoes really dont really matter when looking at girls.. i rarely care what shoes the drunkest/sloppiest girl in the bar is wearing
laugh.gif

devil.gif
 Not even going to lie one girl i dated (Rich yuppie to be exact) HATED my 11's & 13's....she also hated me when i hooked up with her friend... women, what do they know?

3a) Nike sb asparagus 

b) kobe grinches

c) bred 4's

4) That concord disaster, to be honest hype turns me off of a shoe. I cant stand it at all, i passed on the concords and later got a pair of 2001's for $140 vnds. Patience is key. Everytime i wear them out i got everyone from 12 year olds to 30 year old mothers either staring at them or asking questions about them i feel so awkward.Couple months ago a 16 year old asked for a picture of my shoes
roll.gif
 Havent wore them in 3 months since then cause the memory of that makes me cringe

Every female sneakerhead I've talked to or been friends with also played ball so it made sense for them to have an appreciation for sneakers the same way I do. A lot of the ones I see on instagram appear to be into it for different reasons. All good though, I know a lot of guys who are the same way.

Sneakers haven't played a part in my romantic life since high school. I was dating a girl sophmore year and she was bad. She had a cool little rotation of sneakers and they looked great on her. A few pairs of jordans and a couple pairs of air max plus'. She was already a bad one but her rocking sneakers put it over the top for my high school self. Unfortunately her step pops was insane. I'd be coming home late some nights from bball practice and I'd see him parked down the street every now and then just watching me. I guess he'd find out where we were going from her then he'd head out and follow us around. Swear to god it felt like I was seeing him more than I was seeing her. There was a few times I'd be walking her home and he'd pull up out of nowhere and tell her to get in the car. I put up with it as long as I could but he eventually got his way. Broke up with her on her birthday, 2 days before christmas. Cold game, I know, but it was a sinking ship and I had to get off before the relationship started costing too much money. :lol:

My lady now has a couple pairs of sneakers. She's got some XI's, a couple SB's, some air maxes, but she's mainly in heels and flats and some uggs here and there.

The only time I can recall a woman genuinely showing interest in me because of my shoes was also in high school. She was a bad filipina who approached me and complimented me on my 01 space jams. She was with her friends and I was with my friends and we all became friends and kicked it for the night. I felt good about this one. We were clicking and were instantly comfortable around each other. Then a couple hours after we had separated from her and her group, we headed for a party. We were a couple blocks away and we had to run across an intersection to make the light. I jumped for the corner to avoid getting hit by a car and my phone fell out of my phat farm denim jacket pocket and landed on the gutter on the corner. I watched my phone spin around and drop right into the gutter. Lost her number the same night I got it. :smh:

Only other women to show interest in my sneakers have been strippers.

Black yeezy 2 - Because I paid a grip for them and I couldn't just give them away :lol:.
Black supreme lows - I've beat mine down pretty good and they're broken in and comfortable as hell. Me and this pair have been through some **** together.
Black/cement 3's - Nike Air on the back, quality leather, great construction, and still 110% wearable. It'd be tough to get rid of those.

Laney 5's. Mocha 3's. A lot of original "retro +" colorways that sat around my way the first time around seem to have people captivated these days. What made them sit back then is the fact that MJ never wore the shoes on court so they didn't have that mystique about them. I still don't see what people see in the mocha 3's.

Last edited:
Yay. New questions.

#1. i plead the 5th
#2. Wouldn't that be a dream come true. To meet my wife at my local..oh one can only dream. Not having to justify buying another pair of shoes. ..lol
#3. In no particular order:
white cement iv - when they came out in 1989 one of the cool kids had them and told me they felt like walking barefooted in plush carpet.
bttys dunks Kentucky - had to include my fav sb. cant beat that simple colorway and the soft supple leather and suede that looks better with each wear
New balance - dont know much about these but I did some research and they apparently released back in the early 90's. Love the smaller "N" and that suede toebox.

#4. jordan 6. Was never a fan of those due to the extra long tongue. It just looked weird with my stumpy legs when I wore shorts. The maroon 6's sat on the sales rack so I said what the hell and scooped them up for 14.99. Then a few years back when the infrared pack dropped and hypebeasts were sleeping in the malls bathrooms to be first in line just for a shoe that bore a slighty brighter shade vs the varsity reds. Scooped the varsity for well below retail. Looking back I get the hype, with skinny jeans that long tongue isnt an issue. Its a beautifully crafted shoe that reminds me of a fighter jet. Still dont get that infrared.

Thanks again, 00 for fostering excellent discussion. I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers to these questions (and the previous ones also). Very cool.

1. My thoughts on female sneakerheads are the same thoughts I have on male sneakerheads. You come across cools ones, and you come across lame ones. They are probably misrepresented in the community as a whole though.

2. Sneakers have never influenced whom I've dated, and never gotten me a date (as far as I know). I always approached it like "It would be cool if I dated a girl that was into sneakers" and not "I need to find a girl that is into sneakers." I'm actually engaged right now and getting married late in the year. My girl loves Toms shoes and wedges, but isn't into sneakers at all (she is a runner so buys running shoes and wears sneakers, but she isn't "into" them). And that's totally cool with me. She understands it's my "thing" though and not only respects me for it and finds it endearing but she makes an effort to learn about sneakers. She likes to see it when I buy new ones and have me tell her the history behind them, or the nickname and why they are called that, or what drew me to the shoe (especially with the basketball kicks where I have memories as a youngster about them). Hell, she will even go wait in line for kicks for me outside my local or at the mall if I can't for some reason and it's a shoe I really want. She's 100% supportive as long as I'm still saving money and have money for us to do the things we want in life. I can't fault that one bit, and that's one of the many reasons as corny as it sounds, I know she's "the one." 

3. This is a crazy question! One also that probably would change every few months for me. Also different if you base it off of value or personal opinion. I'm going personal opinion with a hint of sentimental reasons. If I had to answer right this second, I'd probably say:

- My beat to hell Jordan XIII in the White/Grey/UNC Blue colorway. I played some barnburners in that shoe. (Most sentimental)

-  Iron Low dunks. Still have mine DS. Can never bring myself to wear them. This would be a nice excuse. (Prob my favorite dunk low)

-  Probably the black/cement Jordan IIIs. They really do go with everything. (Shoe that goes with everything)

4. Anything that hasn't released in a long time gets super hyped up as time goes on. For example, I bought two pairs of the White/Midnight Blue 6s when they dropped years back with NO problem at all. A week a part even. One pair I wore and beat to HELL. I mean these things look like I put them in the blender. The other pair I wore 4-5 times and look pretty good, haven't rocked them in years though. I saw some auction (maybe the Shoezeum one, so I know inflated) where those things were up in like the $500s I think. Crazy to think about. I actually kind of think the same thing MIGHT happen with the Grape Vs that just dropped. So much hype but the numbers on them were incredible so if you tried, you scooped. Everyone rocking them all over the place. If you ice yours for 4 years or so, everyone will go crazy over them again. 

1. I have never met a female sneakerhead outside NT. The ones I bump into in lines will be out of the game when the yype dies down. Not realy sneakerheads imo. Don't have a problem with em. Im surprised they aint more. MsCeeCee and MsJennaBaby are good example of a female sneakerheads. Not loud about being female sneakerheads at all. Hate the loud ones.

2. I have actually been on a few dates from conversations struck by her saying "I like your shoes". I'm not into sneakers, i'm into fashion. As a result I have a lot of sneakers. Females for the most part hate when guys care about their appearance like that so if anything it hurts me. Sneakers dont affect who I date but I could never date someone who isnt fashionable. I do not desire a sneakerhead gf at all. I have no desire for a video game playing one either (many dudes do). It wouldnt stop me from dating them but it doesnt give them any advantage over a girl who isnt one.

3. 1. Bred IV - IVs are my favorite silhouette. Such a beautiful shoe. Goes with everything

2. Royal I - Everyone needs a loud shoe

3. BC IIIs - same reason as the IVs. Dont have em in my collection but soon! If I have to play by the rules then the 88 WC IIIs.

4. Pretty much every jordan. Dont remember most people my age messing with jordans when i was a kid.

Last edited:
4. Not a sneaker but the nike Olympic windbreaker in full 3m. The thing was 4-500, but so sexy. I passed on it and kindof regret it. Also remember my local having the full bears set just sitting on a shelf for months. Stupid me didnt get them.

Premier works fast.  My Skeletors are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

1. In all honesty, I don't pay them much mind.  I've never been one to fawn over the next man (or girl's) collection.  I respect the effort and time that it takes to truly build a strong collection, but I've always found it to be like whipping out a ruler and measuring each other's Richard.  What exactly does one get for having the best collection?  A gold star?  A Nobel Shoe Prize?  I do think some women do have a tough time being taken seriously, but it comes with the territory.  Male or female, if it's a hobby that you love, that's all that matters.  If you're doing it to gain some sort of acclaim or respect then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

2. I've never dated a chick that was much more than a casual sneaker buyer.  I don't go out of my way to find a girl with the same exact interests as me.  Although you'd like to be with someone like minded, you need some sense of individuality in a relationship in my opinion.

3. Dr. Doom Foams, Indiglo 14's, Metallic V's.  Black Cement 4's are my grail, but the most recent retro just doesn't measure up to the 99's.

4. Too many to name.  Most Retro+ coloraways.

4. Not a sneaker but the nike Olympic windbreaker in full 3m. The thing was 4-500, but so sexy. I passed on it and kindof regret it. Also remember my local having the full bears set just sitting on a shelf for months. Stupid me didnt get them.

3 bears soldnout everywhere over here. Wish i had them

It's odd. In most shoes, I'm a 12. I've always gone with an 11.5 in Jordans. Never had an issue. Even Jordans 9 - 11.

In lows, I've always gone 12 due to the stuffed tongue, Highs 11.5/12, either or. The recent stuff has run narrow in the toebox area for me. Better off just sizing up since I don't mind a lil extra space.

word guess it all depends on the shape of your foot. i generally lace my kicks so that they're pretty snug - i hate that feeling when u take a step and your heel loses contact with the sole. i see a lot of people on IG and here that barely lace their kicks at all. sure it looks cool, but i cant get with it.

sidenote - the most comfortable sneaker i own is the lebron 8 v2 low. they fit tight but they're just right for me. i wear them strictly for their intended purpose and look forward to everytime i get to jam my foot in there :D

1. I am fine w girl sneakerheads, so long as they truely enjoy them and arent just frontin' about it.  the majority of girls i see wearing sneaks tho are usually with dudes who are into them.

2. sometimes my girlfriend gets mad at me for buying shoes, tells me i need to be saving for more important things.....she might be right, but its not like im spending whole paychecks on shoes, im still saving and whatnot i guess.  She really likes heels and wedges and all that stuff, little by little im trying to work her into sneakers.  I tried to snag her a pair of the digifloral janos but i struck out getting her size, could only get my own.  

3. bred 11s, lebron solar red 8s, redwing 875's.  i know theyre not sneakers but still part of my collection and id never give em up.

4.  these arent super hyped really, but i remember the dark knight kobe 6's going on clearance on nikestores website, i had them in my cart for like $80 but ultimately passed on them.   now you cant find them for under $200

Last edited:
1. i haven't had much experience with female sneakerheads. i'm sure there are just as many dudes doing it for attention as girls tho
2. I've never gotten a girl off the strength of my kicks, nor do i care what's on their feet as long as they keep it clean. i live in a small studio and due to the space constraint i have my collection up on some shelves on one of my walls. whenever i have a girl over they just say oh wow, u have a lot of sneakers, then maybe pick out a pair or 2 they think is pretty. its all good, i do this for myself anyway
1. Jordan V raging bull 3M. clean colorway that pops when hit with the right light. mine are beat to hell and may have to be retired soon. wish i would've doubled up when prices were low. may have to supplement them with that raging bull dunk high
2. Cigar city dunk high. ummmm i just like these a lot. good colors and materials. swapped the brown laces for the alternate reds recently to give them a 2nd life
3. Krink AF1. the most $$ i've spent on a pair of kicks and spent over a year scouring ebay for these. finally copped when Krink found a FSR in their storage like 2 years after their release. 3M + gum bottom = :pimp:. if i could ever get my hands on the friends and family black pair i might die happy
4. I wouldnt say there's hype but the money that pairs released 6-7 years ago go for is crazy. i remember looking at the mars blackmon 4s back in '06 fresh outta college and i just couldnt spend that $125. would take me $400 to get my foot in them now :frown:. i currently rock a pair of black cat 3s as beaters to the gym. $400 for those as well at fc :/

Haze Lows: One of dopest DUNKS ever created..  My all time favorite....

Black Cement 3's: Clean simple and versatile.

Aqua 8's: These were my first pair of Jordans when I was in the fourth grade.  I remember my feet were too little at the time so I had to get the "Sky Jordan" version. When they first retroed I had to grab a few pairs and will grab a few more pairs when they re-retro this year...
The first wave of retro Jordans were sitting at Copeland Sports all across the Bay Area..... Some were even on clearance....  

1. Personally i dont mind female sneaker heads. I see some from time to time but i dont know any personally.

2. I've never had a girl swoon over me for my kicks (wouldnt that be nice though lol) but I've recieved pleanty of compliments from chicks saying they like my sneakers. My gf supports my habbit but she doesnt really understand it and she thinks I'm crazy.

3. My three favorites in my collection are:

Banned 1's. Best sneaker I own quality wise, probably value wise too. The best jordan 1 color way and its the shoe that changed the world of sneakers forever (back in '85).

Aqua 8's. My all time favorite shoe. The jordan 8 is the my favorite sneaker and this its best color way.

Santana Dunks. I love these so much. One of the most comfortable sneakers I own. Not so many people know about these and I doubt that I'll ever see anyone with them in public.

4. When the Aqua 8's released in '07, I walked into footlocker two hours after it opened and bought two pairs in my size. Ever since Kanye wore em and said they were his favorite jordans, these now go for 400+. Yes these are my favorite kicks of all time but do I think they deserve the hype? No.

Aquas are definitely up there for me as well. My favorite 8 for sure. What a breeze it was copping those in 07. How things have changed...

wowwwwww. i really messed up getting those black/white swoosh/gum bottom mids off premier a couple weeks ago. are these going to sell out quickly? i gotta contemplate grabbing those black/gum dunks
Sizes are already sold out, eBay prices are nuts. Id pick up a pair, the Dunks are $119 with shipping and tax total for me (NYC). I picked up a pair of the black Dunks and Air Max's and will just sell the one I dont like once I see them in person.

You could always return the pair you bought from Premier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom