2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Can't believe these are selling out like that, I'm new to sb's and I remember these sitting not too long ago.

People want what they can't have.

Countless shoes that are now "grails" to some sat like bricks on shelves.

In this case, you have manufactured hype to boost the process too.

When something is limited, legitimately or artificially, it introduces an element of competition into things. Once that happens, people feel good when they get through on a shoe or something. They feel like they won - hence the metaphor, "shoe game." In the process, they often forget that what they are "winning" is a chance to buy the prize, and that often times the prize isn't worth the price, or having competed for, in the first place. That's the psychology of marketing, and successful companies and retailers are damn good at it.

When something is limited, legitimately or artificially, it introduces an element of competition into things. Once that happens, people feel good when they get through on a shoe or something. They feel like they won - hence the metaphor, "shoe game." In the process, they often forget that what they are "winning" is a chance to buy the prize, and that often times the prize isn't worth the price, or having competed for, in the first place. That's the psychology of marketing, and successful companies and retailers are damn good at it.

You're right, there's a trend now with a "yeezy" moniker being attached to kicks and it makes these GR's hard to come by and the resell value is crazy. Found out there's a "yeezy" roshe....as if that line didn't have enough push.

Premier is officially trolling now lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this 2 restock a day thing continues. Haven't had anything yet that I want but with 2 a day there's a better chance to see restocks that I'm interested in picking up

Nice repped. Looks like you got a nice set up store your shoes as well
thanks. and yeah, i have a trophy case thing going. its full now, and those are pretty much my only SBs in it, my other pairs are in the boxes or laying around. the rest of the case is kobes, kds, jordans, lebrons, and yeezys 
roll.gif

On another note, I think I'll stick to a half size up on non suede highs. These newer pairs seem to have less toe room. Sig will be updated shortly...

really? i've been going a half size down on all highs. I normally go 12 in everything but i like the way the 11.5 fits better. It's snug, but a comfortable snug. whenever i try to go half size down in an af1 or jordan it squeezes that bone by my pinky toe too much

**i'm pretty new to the sb game tho so im not sure how they historically fit.
It's odd. In most shoes, I'm a 12. I've always gone with an 11.5 in Jordans. Never had an issue. Even Jordans 9 - 11.

In lows, I've always gone 12 due to the stuffed tongue, Highs 11.5/12, either or. The recent stuff has run narrow in the toebox area for me. Better off just sizing up since I don't mind a lil extra space.

Coach Premier is having us run 2-a-Days.  By the end of these 2 weeks, we will all be broke and broke-down, but Coach made us better shoe-buyers

yeah this was a bad time for me to get into dunks. the concords brought me in and i have bought 4 more from premier so far. seems like they knew i was new to sb's so they are giving me a chance to catch up.

You're right, there's a trend now with a "yeezy" moniker being attached to kicks and it makes these GR's hard to come by and the resell value is crazy. Found out there's a "yeezy" roshe....as if that line didn't have enough push.

Premier is officially trolling now lol.

Can't believe these are selling out like that, I'm new to sb's and I remember these sitting not too long ago.

The situation with Premier made me think of a topic for discussion for this thread.

Since we're seeing GRs that were sitting on shelves originally, now fly, I figured it would be interesting to discuss:

"What SBs that weren't hot when they dropped do you see as becoming sought after in the future?"

*Note: I am in no way trying to hype anything up. :lol: Just wondered what other heads thought. :nerd:

-Drew

Called APC in NYC, they are releasing tomorrow no word online. I need those air maxs. Have the APC packs released online?

The situation with Premier made me think of a topic for discussion for this thread.

Since we're seeing GRs that were sitting on shelves originally, now fly, I figured it would be interesting to discuss:

"What SBs that weren't hot when they dropped do you see as becoming sought after in the future?"

*Note: I am in no way trying to hype anything up. :lol: Just wondered what other heads thought. :nerd:

-Drew

The only Dunk SB I didn't get and wish I did now were the Mint/Red lows.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the upcoming quickstrikes and such. My focus clearly has been attaining all the Orange, Silver and Pink box SBs I've been wanting. :tongue:

-Drew

EDIT i read the question wrong lol.
new answer: infrareds maybe, koston heritages, futura 2s, jamesons, uk passports, koziks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom