2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

It's not the box color that people are after, it's what is inside pink boxes that people are after. To put it into a Jordan perspective, jb releases the same shoes, but in different boxes throughout the years so the box doesn't matter. Dunk SBs do not rerelease, so certain colorways are tied to certain color boxes. Simple!
Yeah I was gonna say box color has nothing to do with it and material quality (kinda) has nothing to do with it. You can't get a De La High in anything other than a pink box because they never released before or after Pink Box era. You can get Metallic 5's in the Face Box, Silver Box, and Black box and people say quality was better then vs now. There's only 1 version of the De La's and that's it.

Yeah I was gonna say box color has nothing to do with it and material quality (kinda) has nothing to do with it. You can't get a De La High in anything other than a pink box because they never released before or after Pink Box era.
While that is true, like mints said some people swear that the quality and workmanship of the older eras were much better (idk myself, never owned anything before blue). I think the closest thing for comparison would be the tiff lows and hi's. While not a "retro" there's been a number of people who have said how much worse in quality they are.

on the fence with the legion pine/kumquat. any thoughts? Was trying to pick them up from tactics with the baohaus, but 40% off is a no brainer if i can decide.

It's not the box color that people are after, it's what is inside pink boxes that people are after. To put it into a Jordan perspective, jb releases the same shoes, but in different boxes throughout the years so the box doesn't matter. Dunk SBs do not rerelease, so certain colorways are tied to certain color boxes. Simple!

This isn't true, compare silver box Flint XIII's to the black and silver from 2010

One has 3M and better leather

This isn't true, compare silver box Flint XIII's to the black and silver from 2010

One has 3M and better leather

But then compare the 06 Fire Red 3 vs the 13 Fire Red 3, 1 had midsole paint that chipped if you looked at it too hard, the other was built pretty well.

But then compare the 06 Fire Red 3 vs the 13 Fire Red 3, 1 had midsole paint that chipped if you looked at it too hard, the other was built pretty well.

That's rare.

In most instances it's the exact opposite. The older it is, the better the materials and shape.

I'm not 100% sold on that idea. People swear up and down that it's the case, but I've been on these forums long enough to see a release go from being garbage to great as the time goes by. It's even happened with Dunks. I remember when SBs weren't hot "fell off" as the kids like to say, I was still plugging away and buying releases that interested me, but every pair had a laundry list of complaints from other people. Now a few years down the line you've got people paying way over box on releases you could find in outlets.

That's rare.

In most instances it's the exact opposite. The older it is, the better the materials and shape.
I don't think that's necessarily true. It may generally be the case because over the years Nike tries to squeeze every penny out of the shoes as they can, but that doesn't mean quality always suffers. However, you will notice things like 3M are WAYYYY brighter on old pairs than say Crimson 3's of yesteryear. 

That's rare.

SBs have been way more consistent than JB. But JB does so much bull people don't realize when they do something good like the last release of the fire red IIIs

got a couple new pickups. just need supas, black premes, denim forbes, zoo yorks and chocolates and I think I'll have all the orange boxes. note how I said "just need" as if those aren't the most expensive black boxes there are LOL

most expensive and least often to pop up in any decent sort of shape. Love those Mulders.

nike sb keeps sprinkling blazers i need more to release man 
mean.gif

but these camo blazers & two ups 
nthat.gif
keep them coming

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sold on that idea. People swear up and down that it's the case, but I've been on these forums long enough to see a release go from being garbage to great as the time goes by. It's even happened with Dunks. I remember when SBs weren't hot "fell off" as the kids like to say, I was still plugging away and buying releases that interested me, but every pair had a laundry list of complaints from other people. Now a few years down the line you've got people paying way over box on releases you could find in outlets.

I pretty much agree with this. There are dunks that were on sales racks EVERYWHERE that people are spending lots of money on now.

I pretty much agree with this. There are dunks that were on sales racks EVERYWHERE that people are spending lots of money on now.
e.g. Viotech & Heineken dunks sat on the walls at the nike outlet I worked at during college.

Too many to quote but thanks for clearing up--- thought it was about the "box" themselves.
A lot of people want to collect all from a specific era. Like @verse001  was saying, he's only got a few more pickups and he'll have every one of the Orange Boxes. Many people view that as a milestone of sorts. Eventually, you become ShoeZeum GUY!

On the other hand I'm always looking to see if I can find something wearable from the year I was born. I'm sure I had Nikes as a kid growing up, but I honestly can't remember having the old boxes at my house. The first ones I can vividly remember were the grey/black split airmax box for the original release of the Neon 95s and the crazy photo box they used on the first Air Jordan retros.

I can remember the orange box with the grey diagonal lines at the bottom, but can't remember what if any pairs I had that used it since I was about 10 when they last stopped using it.

Back
Top Bottom