2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

FA57CDB0-C118-4108-966C-E261A65A5BAF.jpeg

Oh it’s already in here :lol:

Ozuna been tearing it up this whole series I feel. I’ve held my breath whenever it’s the top of the ATL lineup, dudes is straight ballin.

Unless they turn some switch on and win games 5-7, the Dodgers deserve to be ripped apart. Wear the fraud label, choker label etc. Sad thing is they got the talent to make this series, but I doubt it happens because they lack the mental toughness when October comes around.

I know he's well-liked as a person but time to sack Dave Roberts, no? 5 seasons is more than enough time to get over the hump, with the personnel and resources Dave been given in L.A.
It’s been time. With the talent/money they’ve put into the dodgers, the team just continues to choke. He’s made questionable pitching decisions every year that has cost them dearly. Everything is always fine and dandy with him, there’s never an issue when they lose.

Do I think it’s all his fault? No
Do I think the dodgers need a need leader? Yes

The way he keeps winning during the regular season and keeping the players/ownership happy, I don’t see ownership getting rid of him. Why mess up the money? At the end of the day, that’s all the organization cares about and Robert’s has done a great job am continuing to keep that money train rolling to Magic & Co

I just have a hard time faulting Roberts when his generational talented ace is s**tting the bed year after year. And then the last couple of years his MVP batter looks like he brings a fly swatter up to the plate.

I for sure fault him for bringing Kershaw in last year in relief. But at some point, your highly paid players need to come through. What is Roberts supposed to do? Leave him off the postseason roster? Pitch him as an opener and yank him? I dont know what he is supposed to do.

And while I agree 5 years is a long time to not have anything to show from dominant regular season baseball, I just can't put it on Dave. Its tough for me. I go back and forth.

I don’t know that letting go of Dave does anything meaningful. Like many of y’all mentioned, players have to ball and show up in the post season more consistently. Today was the ultimate example of that, this lineup got one-hit by a rookie. Dave pulls Kershaw about a batter too late, but his pen also failed to keep things relatively close. Is what it is...

dland24 dland24 it’s not all Dave’s fault. But at a certain point you need a change of scenery and somebody new at the helm.

Can he control that Kershaw chokes every ****en year at some point? No. But Kershaw doesn’t pitch every single game.

Has he done anything about Kenley ****ting the bed every year, similar to Kershaw? No. Has he made any changes? No. Is he too scared to do some things because he’s a “players coach?” Yes.

It’s not entirely his fault, butI still feel it’s time for a fresh start. Will the dodgers do it? Nah

I just have a hard time faulting Roberts when his generational talented ace is s**tting the bed year after year. And then the last couple of years his MVP batter looks like he brings a fly swatter up to the plate.

I for sure fault him for bringing Kershaw in last year in relief. But at some point, your highly paid players need to come through. What is Roberts supposed to do? Leave him off the postseason roster? Pitch him as an opener and yank him? I dont know what he is supposed to do.

And while I agree 5 years is a long time to not have anything to show from dominant regular season baseball, I just can't put it on Dave. Its tough for me. I go back and forth.

for sure it’s not all on Dave but looking closer he tends to make poor bullpen decisions/overmanaging. Everyone in LA was screaming at him for bringing in Kershaw last year. We got these big time players choking and the manager overmanaging team underachieving and choking every year.

in the end it boils down to “can’t fire the players” it is what it is.

It just seems as if the biggest argument for getting rid of him is "lets see if someone else can do better" or just a fresh start in general. Which I totally get to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom