2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I’mma let you cook because you on that brink of walis adrenaline, but when you come down, Lindor and Tatis Jr. > Correa.
Lindor :rofl:that's a big joke, you're my guy but let's be real. Lindor and Correa had very similar trajectories but people haven't realized how unclutch and overrated Lindor has been the past few seasons...maybe he'll be better after the Indians have a fire sale.

Tatis is the only one with an argument and he may well be, but not as proven as Carlos yet.

Best SS in the game, calm the hot takes with the other guys. Proven, Godlos :pimp:

I gotta say that I absolutely expected what you just said to be the case. But I have had Correa on my keeper fantasy team the last 3 years and he couldnt possibly have been a bigger disappointment. Even if I was to agree that he was the best (I dont), his talent and production arent really in line. And if you arent producing at the level of your talent, then does talent really matter?

I gotta say that I absolutely expected what you just said to be the case. But I have had Correa on my keeper fantasy team the last 3 years and he couldnt possibly have been a bigger disappointment. Even if I was to agree that he was the best (I dont), his talent and production arent really in line.
I would agree with that in that his talent and production aren't in line. I think injuries have definitely hampered him, but moreso really talking about his playoff performances that have separated him from the pack, IMO. Fantasy is a different argument to be made.

I would agree with that in that his talent and production aren't in line. I think injuries have definitely hampered him, but moreso really talking about his playoff performances that have separated him from the pack, IMO. Fantasy is a different argument to be made.

Fantasy is 100% offense, which lets be honest, is THE biggest argument one can make about Correa being the best shortstop. It certainly isnt his defense.

I can agree with you that injuries have hampered him. But you know the old saying. Availability is the best ability. He has been unable to consistently stay on the field or produce at the level which his talent should allow him to produce at.

So if he isnt playing a lot, and isnt playing to his skill level when he does play, how can you possibly make the argument that he is the best?

Walk off HRs are so dope :pimp:
30A5B998-1FC3-4017-8F92-EE0A26A35D8E.jpeg

Fantasy is 100% offense, which lets be honest, is THE biggest argument one can make about Correa being the best shortstop. It certainly isnt his defense.

I can agree with you that injuries have hampered him. But you know the old saying. Availability is the best ability. He has been unable to consistently stay on the field or produce at the level which his talent should allow him to produce at.

So if he isnt playing a lot, and isnt playing to his skill level, how can you possibly make the argument that he is the best?
You make good points, and I don't necessarily disagree with any of them, and I definitely agree with the availability part. But when healthy, he's absolutely produced. In that infamous 2017 year he was well on track to be a top 5 MVP finish if he didn't get hurt IMO. His really only bad year besides ones that were saddled with injury was this year, but a 60 game sample size isn't really enough for me personally, and many great hitters around the league struggled.

While I am obviously biased, I also do watch a lot of other baseball without the use of fantasy. There's just no one I'd really rather have other than him right now besides maybe Tatis.

He's a great all-around talent (yes there's better hitters and better defenders on both sides but not many who have a case combined), but I think the biggest thing for me is he comes through when it matters the most. He's by far one of the clutchest playoff performers in the league, and that holds even more weight for me given how the Killer B's used to perform.

I respect your opinion a lot, who do you have over him?

Lindor :rofl:that's a big joke, you're my guy but let's be real. Lindor and Correa had very similar trajectories but people haven't realized how unclutch and overrated Lindor has been the past few seasons...maybe he'll be better after the Indians have a fire sale.
Hold up, my G. Lindor wasn't good in his second-ever playoff series vs. Jays? My Tribe got swept, but "Paquito" homered twice against your 'Stros in 2018.

I don't think it's far-fetched to include Lindor in the best SS convo. He's only 26 and we'll see what the future holds. Unfortunately it likely won't be in Cleveland, I've resigned myself to this likely outcome.

Pure talent alone, I have very few above Correa. But until he demonstrates he can stay on the field and perform to the level of his talent, I got a lot of players ahead of him.

Tatis (in spite of limited sample size)
Lindor
Story
Would have said Baez if you asked me 3 months ago

So I would put Correa at 4-5ish. Gleyber and Xander are in the mixbtoo but they are both pretty bad defensively. Pure talent alone, I might have your guy #1. But I just can't do it until he shows he can consistently produce.

Last edited:
Hold up, my G. Lindor wasn't good in his second-ever playoff series vs. Jays? My Tribe got swept, but "Paquito" homered twice against your 'Stros in 2018.

I don't think it's far-fetched to include Lindor in the best SS convo. He's only 26 and we'll see what the future holds. Unfortunately it likely won't be in Cleveland, I've resigned myself to this likely outcome.
Nah, as I said, Lindor was great coming up, but I have regressed on him due to his last two seasons, which probably isn't fair, but he's been dreadful with RISP, and runners on the past 2 years and in this year's playoffs. I feel like that has to account for something, which is really my big knock on him. As a Tribe fan, have you not felt the same way?

I don't think it's farfetched to have him in the best SS convo, but I personally have him as 3 with Story/Torres/Xander just right behind. But still a tier below Tatis/Correa at this stage.

Pure talent alone, I have very few above Correa. But until he demonstrates he can stay on the field and perform to the level of his talent, I got a lot of players ahead of him.

Tatis (in spite of limited sample size)
Lindor
Story
Would have said Baez if you asked me 3 months ago

So I would put Correa at 4-5ish. Gleyber and Xander are close too but they are both pretty bad defensively too. Pure talent alone, I might have your guy #1. But I just can't do it until he shows he can consistently produce.

Yeah talent wise I do feel like having him #1 is kind of inarguable. I would have to disagree on Lindor and Story. Lindor is better defensively but him not coming through as an important bat the past two years has lowered him in my rankings. Story has the Coors factor going for him and he's still not as good offensively and slightly better defensively. FWIW, Carlos had a superb year defensively. I think he had the best dWAR for a SS IIRC. I agree on Tatis, but his sample size is limited, and Carlos has proven himself time and time again in the playoffs that it's hard to argue against. It may be unfair to hold others because they haven't had similar opportunities, but I still think he needs to get credit, and to me, that's what separates them. I know Baez had an MVP-esque year recently, but I'm not as high on him. He's way too boom or bust.

Also, Playoff Peyton Kershaw :rofl: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom