2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

:rofl:
Nah, as I said, Lindor was great coming up, but I have regressed on him due to his last two seasons, which probably isn't fair, but he's been dreadful with RISP, and runners on the past 2 years and in this year's playoffs. I feel like that has to account for something, which is really my big knock on him. As a Tribe fan, have you not felt the same way?

I don't think it's farfetched to have him in the best SS convo, but I personally have him as 3 with Story/Torres/Xander just right behind. But still a tier below Tatis/Correa at this stage.

Yeah talent wise I do feel like having him #1 is kind of inarguable. I would have to disagree on Lindor and Story. Lindor is better defensively but him not coming through as an important bat the past two years has lowered him in my rankings. Story has the Coors factor going for him and he's still not as good offensively and slightly better defensively. FWIW, Carlos had a superb year defensively. I think he had the best dWAR for a SS IIRC. I agree on Tatis, but his sample size is limited, and Carlos has proven himself time and time again in the playoffs that it's hard to argue against. It may be unfair to hold others because they haven't had similar opportunities, but I still think he needs to get credit, and to me, that's what separates them.

Also, Playoff Peyton Kershaw :rofl: :pimp:
Hard disagree about Story. I get that there is a Coors factor but thats the reality. His offense has dwarfed Correa and quite frankly so has his defense.

Also I forgot about Trea Turner. He has injury history too but he is absolutely in the mix. Its a very similar comp actually. I would actually lean Turner as of now but this is real close too.

I guess it just comes down to Tatis, Lindor and Story for me as definitively being better IMO.....and then a jumbled up mess of Baez, Turner, Correa, Xander, and Gleyber in that next tier.

:rofl:

Hard disagree about Story. I get that there is a Coors factor but thats the reality. His offense has dwarfed Correa and quite frankly so has his defense.

Also I forgot about Trea Turner. He has injury history too but he is absolutely in the mix. Its a very similar comp actually. I would actually lean Turner as of now but this is real close too.

I guess it just comes down to Tatis, Lindor and Story for me as definitively being better IMO.....and then a jumbled up mess of Baez, Turner, Correa, Xander, and Gleyber in that next tier.
I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure after park factors, Correa is better offensively. I feel like judging by your rankings, you might be putting too much emphasis on raw stats and fantasy.

Peyton Kershaw getting outpitched by a rookie in a must-win game as a near 3:1 favorite :rofl:

Somewhere, Manny is laughing at home at Graterol :rofl:

1602814469465.png

image0.gif

Damn we almost had Will Smith on Will Smith crime
74 pitches and you take Wilson out? :smh:
TBF, that 6th inning was long as hell and he had to sit for a long time. Arm gets cold
Braves gonna slap whoever makes it out the AL
Nah, hitting is better in the AL. That pitching definitely isn't surviving vs the Astros if we somehow came back and won. Maybe the Rays tho, but I'm pretty sure I would still favor them

Back
Top Bottom