2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

61DXXPqcZTL._AC_SL1116_.jpg

Lets settle down in here ...

It was only a matter of time for Snell tonight. Dude didn’t have it at all. Couple that with Rays not being able to hit a beach ball. Astros in 7

7 game series on a neutral field...Astros are just the better overall team. Offensively there's no comparison and now that Houston is getting great starting pitching in the playoffs, they have the advantage to overcome Tampa's pitching depth. Games 1-3 Tampa's defense bailed them out but now you're starting to see their luck run out since then

Serious question, do y'all only watch your teams or not a lot of baseball in general?

Rays hitting is what it is - they overachieve but the majority of the offensive stats came from crushing the Yankees. They were below par against the rest of the league. I don't think they're overrated at all though. Really good team considering their payroll. They just maximize their talent - and FWIW, they were a pretty popular sleeper team this year by many "sharps" both pre-season and heading into the playoffs (despite being the #1 seed).

What was funny was that I saw someone say the Astros were getting dominated, but luck and 2 mental errors played a huge role into being down 0-3. Astros should've swept if we're keeping it a buck. Still a lot of work to do though.

Snell hasn't pitched more than 5 innings all year because of his injury. Rays are heavy into analytics. Other than Glasnow and if their pitchers are really dealing, they rarely let their guys face the lineup a 3rd time.

There's your XBH by Tucker a-friend a-friend

as a Yanks fan i dont know if i should be happy or sad... now potentially the Yanks wont be the only team in baseball to lose a 3-0 lead lol... still pathetic to possibly lose a 3 game lead like that and lose the series smh

Surprised but also not surprised with how this Astros Rays series is playing out. All the Astros slander aside, they’re still a very good team with guys who know how to play in October.

they lost some close games early in this series to Tampa. Oh well it’s looking like game 7 tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom