2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
289051013_5988609887834152_7075346168924384628_n.jpg

People are so short sighted .....

When I think of greats, I think of people that shine when the lights hit them.

Juat making it aint **** ... regardless of how many times or how many consecutive times.

Putting up numbers in a finals lose or regular season is secondary to winning it all.

A major consideration when I think of greatness is not just how many they won but also who they stopped from winning a ring (aka who they beat). You obviously can’t pick your opponent but based on how things played out, that is part of what makes Jordan’s career so legendary to me.

He ****** up a lot of resumes. Stopped Clyde, Chuck, Prime GP, Kemp, Stockton and Malone from getting rings. Also stopped Magic from getting #6 in 1991. That doesn’t even include all the folks in the East whose heart he took out en route to the Finals too. That to me is greatness.

That’s what elevates Dirk’s 2011 run to me. Granted, the first round they only played the Blazers but then he swept Kobe/Pau, gentlemen swept KD/Rust/Harden (Jeff Green was productive for them too) then ultimately took out the Heatles. Greatness, man.

A major consideration when I think of greatness is not just how many they won but also who they stopped from winning a ring (aka who they beat). You obviously can’t pick your opponent but based on how things played out, that is part of what makes Jordan’s career so legendary to me.

He ****ed up a lot of resumes. Stopped Clyde, Chuck, Prime GP, Kemp, Stockton and Malone from getting rings. Also stopped Magic from getting #6 in 1991. That doesn’t even include all the folks in the East whose heart he took out en route to the Finals too. That to me is greatness.

That’s what elevates Dirk’s 2011 run to me. Granted, the first round they only played the Blazers but then he swept Kobe/Pau, gentlemen swept KD/Rust/Harden (Jeff Green was productive for them too) then ultimately took out the Heatles. Greatness, man.
100% exactly ....

Steph has stopped what modern day BB call greatest ....

Is plain as day that he and Co. are a dynasty and worth a conversation about greatest ...

Not only did he transcend BB but he beat them over and over ....

People weight the finals MVP so much, but take Curry out of the conversation and would they have been in the finals? Just prove the point tyat regular season stats are secondary to where legacies are made off ......

Stuff like this propels the notion that Steph fans are the new Lebron fans.

-foe
All player stans are cut from the same cloth. They have no team connection and are embarrassments as "fans."

But with that being said, no fanbase is as bad or will ever be as bad as Lebron fans.

100% exactly ....

Steph has stopped what modern day BB call greatest ....

Is plain as day that he and Co. are a dynasty and worth a conversation about greatest ...

Not only did he transcend BB but he beat them over and over ....

People weight the finals MVP so much, but take Curry out of the conversation and would they have been in the finals? Just prove the point tyat regular season stats are secondary to where legacies are made off ......

I mentioned on the previous page that it took me course of several days to catch up as I was lagging so I don’t want to resurrect an old conversation but the “Curry needed KD” and “KD carried Steph” arguments are so ******* lame and annoying to me.

Discrediting championships because of who someone played with is beyond immature. I wish there was a Black Mirror-esque feature that could ban them from being able to watch basketball. On some Ark Angel type ****.

Both sides take it too far with the KD/Curry and the Bubble rhetoric. Each of those teams won 16 games like every other champion since 2003. The bias is ridiculous.

dubs really haven't had true western conf team rival during this whole run
will grizz be that team?

I said this months ago, but The turn on Ja going to be swift and hilarious.

Still one of my favorite players to watch. But he really buying in to what people project him as :lol:. ***** wanna be Lil Baby that doubles as a hooper so bad. It’s funny

Edit: plot twist

Bruh got pushed over and was like aigh aigh ill talk my **** from back here. :lol:

Ja aint even grow up in the hood either, apparently he a suburban boy with a nice hoop in his backyard. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom