2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
289246818_5986380518057089_2529101261395428486_n.png

Man….it has taken the course of several days to keep up with the the thread since the end of the Finals. I was perpetually 10 pages behind but finally caught up. Too many topics were discussed to give feedback on but I will generally say there are a lot of weirdos and sick individuals in here. Mental health problems are real and I can give referrals to some to some top notch professionals to those that need it. YALL know who you are. On a similar note, to those same individuals, I am available for tutoring in reading comprehension because you are CLEARLY lacking in that department.

Anyhow, regarding a more recent post
Teams are amorphous things. Players have more identity than any franchise ever could. Team hopping is irrelevant to me. The players make you watch basketball. Not the organization

This is something I have come to realize as I got older. Growing up my dad was a Lakers fan and Kobe was my favorite player so I always rocked with the Lakers. Even during the lottery pick seasons, Deng/Mozgov signings, etc. I still rocked with them because Kobe was my guy.

I still rooted for them after he retired but it felt weird tbh. Almost as if I had less connection to the team because he wasn’t there and also because Lebby came to town so I 100% understand where freeze freeze is coming from. I still watch their games and hope for their success but now I find myself far more invested in the rest of the league as a whole. I feel now I am at a point where I am more interested in my favorite players and how they are uplifting their teams (Steph and Giannis immediately come to mind).

The notion that you HAVE TO like the like the local team, you can ONLY have one team and you have to like a team FOREVER seems pretty silly to me. There is not loyalty in most aspects of life but the fact that it is expected with sports fandom seems a tad goofy.

Idk, there were a lot of INSANE Finals, I don't think this one by Curry cracks the top ten.

List of the ones I've seen:

Jordan 1993
Jordan 1991
Jordan 1992
Hakeem 1995
Shaq 2000
Shaq 2001
Shaq 2002
Duncan 2003
Lebron 2018
D-Wade 2006
Dirk 2011

I got Curry right outside those.

And then of course there's all the old ones I haven't seen, like Jerry West winning FMVP while losing.

LeBron got swept to close the season in 2018. How can that possibly be better than what Curry just did :lol:

klay unfiltered :nthat:

People are worried about Dray in retirement, but I think Klay is gonna be the one that makes some of the nastiness "back in my day" takes in a decade if he doesn't go into coaching or the front office.

When they leave him off the top 100 list, he gonna go buck wild

I obviously don’t know what talent is going to come up over the next 25 years but even with some stars I don’t foresee Klay getting left off the Top 100 list. His biggest obstacle will be that he won’t have the recency bias.

At the same time, I also don’t see him being a problem. When he’s not hooping dude just wants to golf, be on his boat and chill with his dog. When you think about it, we didn’t really hear much grumbling from him during his 2.5 year hiatus outside of a few Top 75 comments and the 77 jersey.

I obviously don’t know what talent is going to come up over the next 25 years but even with some stars I don’t foresee Klay getting left off the Top 100 list. His biggest obstacle will be that he won’t have the recency bias.

At the same time, I also don’t see him being a problem. When he’s not hooping dude just wants to golf, be on his boat and chill with his dog. When you think about it, we didn’t really hear much grumbling from him during his 2.5 year hiatus outside of a few Top 75 comments and the 77 jersey.
klay avoids the spotlight, but he definitely will speak up if he thinks he's been done wrong. the top 75 and him getting left off all-nba (which cost him some $).

People are so short sighted .....

When I think of greats, I think of people that shine when the lights hit them.

Juat making it aint **** ... regardless of how many times or how many consecutive times.

Putting up numbers in a finals lose or regular season is secondary to winning it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom