2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazy we didn't have a single close game in the finals at all. Playoffs in general were pretty bad this year.
Quite false. The Playoffs were highly entertaining through the first 2 rounds, which were magic

BOS/MIA was solid

Finals had a ton of haymakers thrown at each other game by game

I'm satisfied as hell with it all

Didn't feel slighted or that any team got off easy with injuries and what not

Fair play to all and to the Warriors. Well earned ring

Quite false. The Playoffs were highly entertaining through the first 2 rounds, which were magic

BOS/MIA was solid

Finals had a ton of haymakers thrown at each other game by game

I'm satisfied as hell with it all

Didn't feel slighted or that any team got off easy with injuries and what not

Fair play to all and to the Warriors. Well earned ring

I mean Middleton getting hurt changed the entire outlook of the playoffs. Those G7 outside of Heat/Celtics were atrocious.

26-6-5 on 44/38/90 splits on a team with limited spacing and unproven scorers at age 34 is nuts, even for a down year. And the fact that led to a top 3-4 record in the entire league, and he played his *** off on defense too.

82 plus playoffs. We just saw that. Nobody is playing 82 anymore (except LOONEY. Hell of a job right here. Kawhi broke the man chest in 2019 finals. Another injury that was forgotten.)

But a 34 year old Steph curry is the best offensive player in basketball. And as I’ve been saying the entire time. The best player in basketball, period.

Nice to see it play out. He’ll continue to decline slowly, but he impactful.

They running it back next year as well. Stay tuned

well yah the numbers are good, he's great, you're acting like im saying steph is bad.
he's great, its all very arguable. :lol:

Jokic with a weaker rosters imo delivered more offensive value in the regular season,
and I think you can argue he was the best offensive player in a series against the Warriors.

Steph is a better overall playoff player because of defense.
but if we're talking strictly offence. I think I lean Jokic

*****s should’ve known it was shorty year

Iconic photos.

73BF8788-E055-4A8D-AE1C-1A25331BFAFB.jpeg

721735AD-00F1-4DAE-B87D-2D9773047464.jpeg

9A519DDE-D0AB-455D-8A70-00A9A9A53937.jpeg

meh

I was very content with everything. Actually surprised by it tbh

First Round gold: PHI/TOR, BOS/BKN, PHX/NO's, Dallas/Utah, MEM/GSW
Second Round gold: MIA/PHI, MIL/BOS, DAL/PHX, GSW/MEM

That's a ton of great, entertaining, relatively fair (injury), well earned basketball

If you cannot enjoy those series then I feel sorry for ya

well yah the numbers are good, he's great, you're acting like im saying steph is bad.
he's great, its all very arguable. :lol:

Jokic with a weaker rosters imo delivered more offensive value in the regular season,
and I think you can argue he was the best offensive player in a series against the Warriors.

Steph is a better overall playoff player because of defense.
but if we're talking strictly offence. I think I lean Jokic

No, I understand completely what you’re saying. Im not acting like anything :lol:.

I’m a Jokic guy. He’s one of the best offensive drivers we have.

But he’s not Steph on that end. He will be very soon tho.

meh

I was very content with everything. Actually surprised by it tbh

First Round gold: PHI/TOR, BOS/BKN, PHX/NO's, Dallas/Utah, MEM/GSW
Second Round gold: MIA/PHI, MIL/BOS, DAL/PHX, GSW/MEM

That's a ton of great, entertaining, relatively fair (injury), well earned basketball

If you cannot enjoy those series then I feel sorry for ya
You really don’t believe this

Also, Steph Top 10 in my book. This year and run really was impressive with the cast that was around him. Best PG of an era. Second best player of the era, with some time still to continue climbing up the pantheon.
I agree but wouldn’t say best PG of an era you actually sort of forget he’s a PG. he’s not really a floor general.

Question;
Is Steph the greatest offensive player of all time?

to define terms;
take a player at the peak of their powers
and give them a set a reasonably well fitting average NBA players,

which players team will produce the highest offensive rating
relative to their rule set and era

Here I think are the contenders

Kareem
Jordan
Shaq
Steph
Lebron
Oscar

One thing I will say about Boston... This feels like an actual sports town. Like people are walking around just wearing sports apparel just because. New York doesn't have this. New York is fake in general but still.
You’re referring to transplant New York. :lol: New York is absolutely a sports town this is an INSANE take. New York is just full of rich white kids from the Midwest who offer nothing to the city but inflating the prices of rent and gentrifying historical neighborhoods.

You’re referring to transplant New York. :lol: New York is absolutely a sports town this is an INSANE take. New York is just full of rich white kids from the Midwest who offer nothing to the city but inflating the prices of rent and gentrifying historical neighborhoods.

Isn't Hov from Brooklyn though?

All the ranking talk is good barbershop debates, in my life I got to see MJ, Kobe, Bron and Steph

MJ was a alien
Bron is a alien
Steph is a alien

Just enjoy the greatness 😎

Pretty much.

These circular arguments Y'ALL love to engage end are pointless.

At the end of the day Y'ALL are gonna have Y'ALL biases for and against certain players and that's fine.

No arguments from the opposing side are gonna change that.

No reason to be getting worked into shoots defending MJ's, Lebby,'s or Steve's "honor" on Nike Talk

Having been on here a minute EYE know that's too much too ask. :lol: :smh:

I think Steph is top 15 and knocking on that top 10 door with the years he has left in him.

Serious recency bias to just opine top 10 top 10 top 10 with Shaq/Duncan/Wilt/Hakeem/Russell in there. Half your top 10 are literally big men that have more effect on the game on both ends that seem to go by the wayside in these discussions. The nba has changed however, in part due to Steph, so that doesn't go unnoticed as well.

I really like the tiers format moving forward when discussing greatness.

you know it's true when you don't have to say it and others say it for you but I'll let you cook

I've got my favorites for sure, but really been consistent with historical context when discussing all time greats on here. Did it for Bean, did it for Bron and now Wardell. When, what and how you do it matters. Everyone is so quick to anoint dudes when their resumes aren't up to snuff. I already think Luka is heading that way now.

Question;
Is Steph the greatest offensive player of all time?

to define terms;
take a player at the peak of their powers
and give them a set a reasonably well fitting average NBA players,

which players team will produce the highest offensive rating
relative to their rule set and era

Here I think are the contenders

Kareem
Jordan
Shaq
Steph
Lebron
Oscar
While not a perfect measurement of any sort.

Steph only has 1 season in the top 20 PER of all-time (15/16)

FECF5365-5EAF-456C-A5B3-726AC815FF0D.jpeg

Giannis in particular is very underrated and kinda forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom