2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if Wiseman, Kuminga & Moody develop and improve this summer :nerd:
You know what is scary hours?
These kids do not even need to make huge jumps. Be able to contribute and give the older guys rest. Hope kerr plays them more in the regular season and they will be ready when the big lights come on. Opportunities will be there for them.

Ya see what happened wit Poole. A little patience and him getting use to nba speed

In 3point shots? In your hearts and imagination? Name your criteria.

Otherwise you aren’t chasing someone if you’re already ahead.
Apparently you're not getting the overall point behind my response.

"Ahead" is largely subjective, and literally unnecessary.

Steph is ahead of Lebron in some ways, which is literally what I said, "in some ways." Overall? That's subjective, and honestly not worth arguing. Worth discussing? Sure. Arguing? Nah. People get too emotional and start off with passive aggressive jabs that move to straight up insults over loyalty to their guy.

In my heart & imagination? That's that passive aggressive beginning I'm talking about. I don't even have Steph ahead of Lebby but it's not worth arguing.

-foe

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 been hella quiet. One of the main ones blabbering about thread participation this and that. Blah blah blah. And rooting against GSW at every term.

Hold it.

1E8BD857-B217-4950-B2FF-0AC556C84D05.gif

Da Big L

@mr s j king

Come get some of this comeuppance as well. Terrible delusional take after terrible delusion take.

All that wishing, and hoping, and hoping and a wishing head ahhhh

My man goes ghost after every L and then comes with his chest out when they win, I love it :lol:

#2015DubsNation :pimp:

There's already a draft thread for the draft.

Let this thread ride for continued NBA discussion until someone starts an offseason & training camp thread?

Oooooor g'on and let's get an offseason thread going now? What say you?

-foe

Who's a facilitator that would be available for Boston to even target?
I can’t think of anyone who would really move the needle for them who they could get without giving up one of their current core guys. Plus, been there done that with Kyrie and Kemba.

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers mentioned them going after Dame, but I don’t see how they pull that off without giving up one of the Js and/or TimeLord.

Absolutely. And conversely, there are plenty of people who think it's impossible to cheer for Steph while respecting Lebron's career. I've been arguing all morning with a guy on a popular social media site who has Jordan as his GOAT and Steph #2. I really don't care about that, it's whatever. What was I arguing with him about? Bro said Lebron ain't top 10, but he's somewhere in the top 20. I literally just gave up a couple minutes ago.

-foe

fam, one of the worst feelings i experience is when im 20 minutes into an argument with someone only to realize they’re an irrational moron..

bron not top 10? :smh:

Apparently you're not getting the overall point behind my response.

"Ahead" is largely subjective, and literally unnecessary.

Steph is ahead of Lebron in some ways, which is literally what I said, "in some ways." Overall? That's subjective, and honestly not worth arguing. Worth discussing? Sure. Arguing? Nah. People get too emotional and start off with passive aggressive jabs that move to straight up insults over loyalty to their guy.

In my heart & imagination? That's that passive aggressive beginning I'm talking about. I don't even have Steph ahead of Lebby but it's not worth arguing.

-foe
You’re saying in some ways leaving it very vague. All I’m asking is to specify in which ways.

Even better if it’s something quantative rather than qualitative.

I respect Lebron’s game he is a great player with good stats/accolades… but when it comes to championships I can’t respect it imo…for as great as he is and considered one of the goats you can’t be ring chasing that’s wild lame… yes KD is in that same argument as well... you can say well all those great teams who won always had stacked teams which is true but those teams never jumped ship…imagine if Ewing or Barkley left their team to join the bulls just to get a ring… this is why I respect those guys who won a chip and stuck with their team like steph, dirk, kobe, duncan, mj, zeke, magic, bird etc… as far as legacy is concerned I would put steph above him since he didn’t jump ship… and this chip just proves he don’t need KD… wiggins and poole were great additions but lets not act like with those two guys they became unstoppable…

I can’t think of anyone who would really move the needle for them who they could get without giving up one of their current core guys. Plus, been there done that with Kyrie and Kemba.

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers mentioned them going after Dame, but I don’t see how they pull that off without giving up one of the Js and/or TimeLord.
I dont think Kyrie and Kemba are those type of players. They kinda need a table setter. Dame isn't really that either imo

Not saying they win a championship but you could see when their offense broke down they just need someone to get them in a set or two and help the J's reset

I guess I'm thinking maybe like a Brogdon? As an example of a type of player. Not him exactly because he cost too much and is injury prone

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat mentioning Tyus is a good example too

You’re saying in some ways leaving it very vague. All I’m asking is to specify in which ways.

Even better if it’s something quantative rather than qualitative.
I am saying "in some ways", yes.

I'm also saying it's not worth arguing, not with someone who thinks the only thing left after Steph's 3s is 'heart & imagination'.

"I just wanna argue your specifics."

No.

Bottom line: "ahead of" is subjective. There are ways that Steph will never catch the Bron, quantitatively. Absolutely. And there are quantitative measurements that Steph has accomplished that Lebron either can't ever accomplish or most likely won't ever accomplish.

-foe

Let's be serious Steph is not ahead of LeBron in any way.

And Im a person who thinks you could make a plausible case for Steph as high maybe the 6th greatest player ever.

I wouldn't exactly call Kemba or Kyrie facilitators though. They were ball dominant/scorers.

imagine if Ewing or Barkley left their team to join the bulls just to get a ring
We're hearing more and more about stars from the 90s who wanted to join other teams. They literally didn't think they were allowed to.

No, they didn't stay put of toughness or pride or loyalty or whatever narratives are applied. They literally didn't think they could. 😂 Lebron broke that door wiiiide open.

-foe

Let's be serious Steph is not ahead of LeBron in any way.

And Im a person who thinks you could make a plausible case for Steph as high maybe the 6th greatest player ever.
In ANY way? That means that no matter what element of basketball I name, Lebron is ahead of Steph?

-foe

So is Lebron joining my dubs next season or what? He's been on Curry nuts this whole dam season.

We got room for him as the 6th man.

It's easily Steph. He creates offense for others by just being on the floor

I think Steph has reached the stage many older great players reach where he can turn it up for series, but I don't think you can expect 82 games + playoffs of like MVP Steph perform.

So for total value I think it's probably Jokic as the best offensive player.

Denver put up a better offensive efficiency than their regular season numbers against the best playoff defense in basketball.

And it was basically just Jokic and the Jokic-ettes.

I wouldn't exactly call Kemba or Kyrie facilitators though. They were ball dominant/scorers.
Agree. And that's really the thing - there really aren't many true facilitator PGs in the NBA currently, so adding one to a team like the Celtics (or Clippers) is way easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom