2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ
Kareem
Bron
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Bird

Should be top 10 locks

Russell/Wilt got top 10 resumes, but the era is just hard to contextualize with the modern game.

Next 2 as of today would be Hakeem and KD

Hatred aside, are you going to put Steph in front of KD after he wins #4?

🤔🤔

People now posting THEIR Top 10s instead of THE Top 10

Duncan, Shaq, Russell, catching all types of disrespect

Have a nice day y’all
1654967945244.gif

MJ
Kareem
Bron
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Bird

Should be top 10 locks

Russell/Wilt got top 10 resumes, but the era is just hard to contextualize with the modern game.

Next 2 as of today would be Hakeem and KD
I agree with this plus Steph, but the larger point here is that you've left off guys like Russell and Wilt. They truly do not belong and its simply because basketball is getting progressively harder and guys are just better now than they were back then. Its ok, its really not that big of a deal. We accept that cars get better as society advances for example. In fact, we do it with most things except entertainment for some reason.

Society is mad weird. Basketball just clearly better now, and being better at it now is harder so you're just better than the old guys, that is just the transitive property. Thats how all things in life work.

Did anyone for the Celtics have a good game last night? White maybe? Everyone else was subpar.

Some credit for that has to go to the Dubs, but really a lackluster performance by the Cs.

That time in NT prison was helpful. Nice

I was never in NT prison. The premature crowning and crowing from the stans was just propaganda that wasn't viable and true at the time. When the facts actually change and if he pulls this off, then an adjustment in conclusion can be made.

The FMVP discussion is silly, at least as to Steph. Not like, if he wins it this year, the anti-Steph Clan is going to be like, “yep, we were wrong about him. He’s is HIM after all”. Nothing’s really going to change.

a month or two from now, all the folks currently calling dray a washed podcaster will be referring to him as an all time great just to downplay steph’s finals run. it’s like clockwork.

that cake-and-eat-it-too crowd is nasty.

I was never in NT prison. The premature crowning and crowing from the stans was just propaganda that wasn't viable and true at the time. When the facts actually change and if he pulls this off, then an adjustment in conclusion can be made.

The laker/Westbrook season was a bid.

We both know it

Kerr wisely benched Dray, I was wrong, didn't think he had it in him. It saved the series honestly. Steve Kerr doesn't get enough credit is never something I thought I'd say ever but he really doesn't.

Like if we make a tier one coach list, Kerr has to be on it.

This is something I will give him credit for for sure, his in game and in series adjustments are 2nd to none. Just the juxtaposition between how they looked when Mike Brown was coaching and Kerr is brazy. Benching Dray for that stretch saved the season.

You know it. Steph has been Top 10 for a while to me. The chip and FMVP here would simply make it harder to deny to the detractors who insert really non "On the floor" basketball stuff into it. The narrative stuff like "Win a title after KD leaves" or "No Finals MVP" with at its core is storyboard stuff that I really don't care about for any player. You guys have really never heard me really PUSH a narrative as a reason why a player is good, cause I truly don't care.

Playing the game well is the end all be all for it to me. Cause winning isn't ordained and random stuff happens constantly. Injuries are random as hell and have ruined many a series and career. I can't just put stock into stuff that includes that much random "But if this happened then ____, but we'll never know cause other blank happened"

Steph Curry is one of the best 10 people to play the game of basketball, he's that good at the actual game of basketball. If you need some narrative-based thing to happen to be able to accept that then more power to you.

I don't, I want him to win but if he doesn't it changes nothing about what I think about his ability to play basketball.

Last edited:
Honestly, unless youre obviously a center or have absolutely no shot, thats a shot you take.

Klay Thompson takes that shot. And it’s fine. But for any other player, If Steph kicks it to you like THAT, and you see him circling the corner…the correct play is to hand it off to him and screen for him. That’s a better option every time.

Don’t really understand how anyone could say this run/series isn’t incredibly important for Steve’s career.

Him averaging an efficient 30+ PPG in the finals (currently at 34) as the unquestioned top guy on a team that could potentially win it all is career defining. It’s something he’s never done before.

It would be the most meaningful part of his career by miles.

Don’t really understand how anyone could say this run/series isn’t incredibly important for Steve’s career.

Him averaging an efficient 30+ PPG in the finals (currently at 34) as the unquestioned top guy on a team that could potentially win it all is career defining. It’s something he’s never done before.

This is really all it is. Not even hate, he's simply not ever been the best player in a Finals series before this time. Those battles with the Cavs it was always Bron (yes, including in that losing effort in 2015) or KD when he came or Kawhi in 2019. This is Wardell's, Bean 2009ish moment, where there was no real detrimental narrative that would hold any weight after he won w/o Shaq and his overall performance in that playoff run and finals as the undisputed best player.

It would be the most meaningful part of his career by miles.
See that's a narrative. I do not care about this. I really don't. It just feels like we're trying to make a movie instead of just watching a basketball game when this stuff happens. It befuddles me.

But some if not most may say Curry > KD

It's close, but as of 6/11/22. KD's resume is better overall and he has the peak finals performances to stand out. The fact that they played with each other though and the common opponent in the playoffs and subsequent performance against said team is going to carry a lot of weight and deservedly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom