2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
People legit ignore actual results, things that happened and facts…and just want a nice tidy story :lol:

It is insane to me
Bro it's crazy. Like look at politics.... The entire world thinks that keeping society in order should be a fantastical story. People are crazy.

Why do we need this? Like do other sports do this. Is there some nonsense storyboard narrative that implies that Wayne Gretzky is the best hockey player? Idk man.

Even football which is more ingrained in society doesn't have as many crazy narratives as basketball. Basketball is rife with them. This series which Kevin Durant isn't playing in has now created a new chapter in the Kevin Durant narrative.

Some of the things about basketball seem straight out of a lifetime movie.

See that's a narrative. I do not care about this. I really don't. It just feels like we're trying to make a movie instead of just watching a basketball game when this stuff happens. It befuddles me.

Basketball is and had never just about ability/performance, if so KD or Bean has a legit argument to be the 🐐, but they're not in the discussion.

Never for any of the other greats, the story is a huge part; when those moments happen, how demons are exercised, the adversity all that is part of the story.

Wardell's ability to play the game warrants him to play by those same rules.

I think the all time list works best in teirs.
I think there is an obvious tier 1 that is really non negotiable and gap for the rest of the top 10.

it should be

Russel
Kareem
MJ
Lebron

in whatever order you want but imo that has to be tier one.

the peak performance combined with the consistency of dominance and the gap between them and their contemporaries.
clearly separates them from the rest of the pack.

Steph belongs in the convo for the next tier.

Basketball is and had never just about ability/performance, if so KD or Bean has a legit argument to be the 🐐, but they're not in the discussion.

Never for any of the other greats, the story is a huge part; when those moments happen, how demons are exercised, the adversity all that is part of the story.

Wardell's ability to play the game warrants him to play by those same rules.
It's crazy to me that you support this. It's just crazy to me I am sorry.

Ah yes, the stating he has his statistically best series on the biggest stage of the sport is ignoring results.

You dudes can’t actually be THIS dense.

Can’t be real life man :lol:

You know it. Steph has been Top 10 for a while to me. The chip and FMVP here would simply make it harder to deny to the detractors who insert really non "On the floor" basketball stuff into it. The narrative stuff like "Win a title after KD leaves" or "No Finals MVP" with at its core is storyboard stuff that I really don't care about for any player. You guys have really never heard me really PUSH a narrative as a reason why a player is good, cause I truly don't care.

Playing the game well is the end all be all for it to me. Cause winning isn't ordained and random stuff happens constantly. Injuries are random as hell and have ruined many a series and career. I can't just put stock into stuff that includes that much random "But if this happened then ____, but we'll never know cause other blank happened"

Steph Curry is one of the best 10 people to play the game of basketball, he's that good at the actual game of basketball. If you need some narrative-based thing to happen to be able to accept that then more power to you.

I don't, I want him to win but if he doesn't it changes nothing about what I think about his ability to play basketball.
I wouldn’t say narrative based but when you are having a top 10 conversation you have to split hairs. Every one is great there lol. So trivial things like no FMVP or that the other names have made all nba 10+ times in their career and curry hasn’t matter for some people.

For me if curry wins it all this year I’ll have him beating out KD for the 10th spot.

last year, it would’ve been kent bazemore standing in the corner and bricking that three :sick:

bazegawd was seduced by LA so young glove could come home. the universe is glorious.
Then when the Lakers waive Bazegawd and free agent to be GP rejoins the franchise that rented him to GS, it will have come full circle :lol:

Ah yes, the stating he has his statistically best series on the biggest stage of the sport is ignoring results.

You dudes can’t actually be THIS dense.

Can’t be real life man :lol:
No its not... But winning or losing wouldn't change that, yet if Steph loses its somehow a demerit to some.

You just said it. He's having his best series in the end point of the season where it matters the most. Just leave it at that. Winning and losing is too random. He is playing great the end.... But that won't happen cause people are seduced by narratives.

It's crazy to me that you support this. It's just crazy to me I am sorry.

I wish it wasn't the case, I'd have had a much easier time with my Bean takes in here over the years. But you know it's true man, there were and still ppl legitimately saying that Beans Bryant isn't a top 10 player of all time. Like objectively on court/ accomplishments wise there's no valid argument for that. A lot of the disdain is narrative based.

I'm speaking more to the basketball lexicon in general basically going back to Bird and Magic's insertion into the league. And subsequently how all the other all time greats have been judged and critiqued.

Winning or losing ABSOLUTELY should matter though, man. That's a hill you can die on by yourself.

Bro it's crazy. Like look at politics.... The entire world thinks that keeping society in order should be a fantastical story. People are crazy.

Where else on NT do you speak on matters such as this?

I'd like you to expound but this isn't the thread for it.

I wish it wasn't the case, I'd have had a much easier time with my Bean takes in here over the years. But you know it's true man, there were and still ppl legitimately saying that Beans Bryant isn't a top 10 player of all time. Like objectively on court/ accomplishments wise there's no valid argument for that. A lot of the disdain is narrative based.

I'm speaking more to the basketball lexicon in general basically going back to Bird and Magic's insertion into the league. And subsequently how all the other all time greats have been judged and critiqued.

Winning or losing ABSOLUTELY should matter though, man. That's a hill you can die on by yourself.
I know it's true for sure. It saddens me that this is true.

Where else on NT do you speak on matters such as this?

I'd like you to expound but this isn't the thread for it.
Nowhere. I couldn't deal with talking politics for a long duration. It's insane that people care about it. It's insane that it's so dramatic. People are really getting off on messing with billions of peoples lives. People send other people to die to be a part of this drama.

It's very perverse and society is worse for it. Human beings legit don't deserve the earth we take it for granted every day that society continues on, I.E. Doesn't come to a full stop until things like war, poverty, and corporate greed are just completely removed.

Society deliberately makes some peoples lives worse so others can have it better. Society is vile and politics are nothing more than a celebration in it. I despise it man.

No its not... But winning or losing wouldn't change that, yet if Steph loses its somehow a demerit to some.

You just said it. He's having his best series in the end point of the season where it matters the most. Just leave it at that. Winning and losing is too random. He is playing great the end.... But that won't happen cause people are seduced by narratives.
EYE will applaud his performance whether he wins or loses. Same way I did Yanni and Butler.

Having KD ahead of Steph when he has less MVPs, less titles and hasn’t nearly had the same success without Steph is crazy. Especially since we are splitting these hairs
I can see that as well.

KD has FMVPs, more all nba selections, more scoring titles and statically he doesn’t have a drop in play from regular season to the playoffs

Having KD ahead of Steph when he has less MVPs, less titles and hasn’t nearly had the same success without Steph is crazy. Especially since we are splitting these hairs

It's the Shaq/Kobe dynamic.

Since they were teammates and a couple of those titles were with KD was the best player on the team at the time AND had those performances as said best player is a legit factor.

KDs wins every other resume check if we're splitting hairs as of right now besides the regular season MVP and one chip.

I can see that as well.

KD has FMVPs, more all nba selections, more scoring titles and statically he doesn’t have a drop in play from regular season to the playoffs

Steph doesn’t have drop either though. Like he doesn’t get to where he is if there was a drop. He has duds but they all do. We can even factor their head to head matchup too.

It's the Shaq/Kobe dynamic.

Since they were teammates and a couple of those titles were with KD was the best player on the team at the time AND had those performances as said best player is a legit factor.

KDs wins every other resume check if we're splitting hairs as of right now besides the regular season MVP and one chip.

But again if it’s the Kobe Shaq thing all over ago. One guy clearly has more success and been further than the other.

Nowhere. I couldn't deal with talking politics for a long duration. It's insane that people care about it. It's insane that it's so dramatic. People are really getting off on messing with billions of peoples lives. People send other people to die to be a part of this drama.

It's very perverse and society is worse for it. Human beings legit don't deserve the earth we take it for granted every day that society continues on, I.E. Doesn't come to a full stop until things like war, poverty, and corporate greed are just completely removed.

Society deliberately makes some peoples lives worse so others can have it better. Society is vile and politics are nothing more than a celebration in it. I despise it man.

Agree 100%.

What's really crazy to me is how so many "smart" people don't even see it either. :ohwell:

Anyway, thanks for the response.

But again if it’s the Kobe Shaq thing all over ago. One guy clearly has more success and been further than the other.

Bean went to the Finals in 2008 w/o Shaq, but didn't get credit until he won in 2009 and even had to win it again to really put that to bed.

KD hasn't won without Wardell, yes. KD did at least go to the Finals without Steph as well. IF, Wardell wins this one then it solidifies the 'he didn't need KD' narrative. 2015 still looks funny and what happened in 2016 & 2019 as well when KD went down are still demerits on Chef's ledger now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom