2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you think brad beal is a freak athlete, i disagree,
but whatever sub in what ever above average athlete but non freak 2 guard you like.

I mean currently there’s Jaylen brown. Lavine. Beal. Ant man. Booker. Simons. Green.

Using the different athletic traits, Beal is up there. It’s not just about jumping high

I mean currently there’s Jaylen brown. Lavine. Beal. Ant man. Booker. Simons. Green.

Using the different athletic traits, Beal is up there. It’s not just about jumping high

imo I would put Jalen Green, prime Lavine and Antman as freaks.

Beal I think is very very good but below those guys,
and booker is tier below Beal.

jaylen and brown and simmons are forwards imo.

imo I would put Jalen Green, prime Lavine and Antman as freaks.

Beal I think is very very good but below those guys,
and booker is tier below Beal.

jaylen and brown and simmons are forwards imo.

Anfernee simons. Zach jumps extremely high. Obviously can jump from the foul line. But there’s still some stiffness/upright in his game. Don’t think he’s faster and he’s for sure not as shifty as Beal. Again. Different traits.

I have nothing good to say about Ben simmons. Never.

Anfernee simons. Zach jumps extremely high. Obviously can jump from the foul line. But there’s still some stiffness/upright in his game. Don’t think he’s faster and he’s for sure not as shifty as Beal. Again. Different traits.

I have nothing good to say about Ben simmons. Never.

Beal is high level NBA athlete. but imo every draft there are guys that are as athletic as Brad Beal.

Zach lavine, Anthony Edwards, Jalen Green i think are rarer.

but ultimately however you rank brad beal.
my point is I don't think Jery West would be average athlete.

we don't have a lot of footage of young Jerry West and 60's rules discouraged perimeter acrobatics.
but the stats and anecdotal data I think points to him being definitely above average.

he was considered an impressive leaper when he came into the league
long arms, strong frame,
high FTA, high steal rates.

i think this idea that he's unathletic comes from him being white,
and the fact that most of the footage you see of jerry west is his post prime with Chamberlain.

@WASHED KING , there's something that you're doing when you dismiss old players and automatically assume that current players would wash old players. You're failing to consider that environment + technology factors in. You're acting likeg it's just current player versus older player, but that's not the case.

"Lebron James would absolutely destroy anyone in the 60s." Look, by the time Lebron James was in HS, he was so good that damn near his entire senior season was on TV. Now imagine if he had never even touched a basketball until his sophomore/junior season. No 8th grade prep squads w/ coaches and athletic trainers giving him sage advice that he is just TAKING OFF with. Not even a little mini hoop in the living room as a toddler. Nothing. Just barely even introduced to basketball as a sophomore/junior, maybe as a freshman.

And not with nice shoes and shooting sleeves or knee braces. No, no, none of the technologies that today's NBA player practically grows up with. If you put Lebron playing against NBA players in the 1960s, no, you don't get the Lebron born in 1984. If we're going to imagine Lebron in the 60s, we're going to imagine Lebron born in the late 40s/early 50s.

And then on the flip side, if we're going to put Jerry West against today's players, we have to move Jerry West into today's timeline. Jerry West grew up doing farm work in West Virginia, like every other kid in West Virginia. Imagine him growing up in the late 90s on an AAU squad, having first been introduced to basketball at like 4. Imagine Jerry West going to a premier basketball HS, being given top notch coaching and athletic training since his age was single digits.

Then imagine that scenario... for Wilt. Or Russell. Start grooming Wilt Chamberlain to play basketball only starting at like age 5. Have him grow up wearing top of the line basketball shoes and doing basketball related exercises and drills hardcore starting in about junior high. 😬😬😬😬😬😬

It's not just player versus player. It has to be:
environment + technology + player versus
environment + technology + player.

-foe

Jerry West was basically Luka with a far better jumper and a couple inches shorter.

:nerd:

FYXwhVfXkAA2pCU

I’d love for Jabari to just try to be like Mobley on offense first with more 3’s.

Cause i think the defense could be as a good .

With this influx of highly skilled bigs, the league is in good hands. Evan Mobley prob my fave young big since Embiid was coming out of Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom