2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's pretty clear he wasn't 6'3. unless oscar robertson is also 6'3

1658611373055.png

also Jerry West was an all around great player
was an excellent passer, very good defender and elite shooter.

he's the first do it all 2 guard in the mold of a Kobe, MJ, Kawhi ect

this idea that Jerry West is some average athlete is just nonsense.
people just say that because he's white.

even just looking at his statistical profile
it's not like he was a finesse player shooting jump shots, never getting to the line.
he was generating double digit FTA in his prime.

and if you look at his steal rate, another good correlate for athleticism.
his last year at 34 he had a 3.6% steal rate that would have led the league if he played the entire season.

1658621643569.png

Jerry West was one of the better natural athletes of his era.
with modern training an nutrition, im sure he's be more athletic two guards in todays league.

Im thinking somewhere in the Kawhi, Brad Beal range.
but this idea that he was "slow/unathletic" is just code for "white"

Ok cool. He’d be Alex Caruso. You can’t go off pure stats using that era because everything was skewed and y’all know it. Being a great athlete in Jim Crow is different than being one now.

I said Jerry wouldn’t a superstar in this NBA and I’m standing on that. I didn’t say he wouldn’t make the league. Wilt scoring 100 points in a game in todays NBA? I doubt it. This is a freak athlete to y’all?

Y’all got it lmao

Last edited:
Wonder if he would be "allowed" to get a prosthetic and still be able to compete. I mean wilder things are currently being allowed to go down in competitive sports, so why not?
The entire sport of baseball is structured around steroids so I would hope so.

Ok cool. He’d be Alex Caruso. You can’t go off pure stats using that era because everything was skewed and y’all know it. Being a great athlete in Jim Crow is different than being one now.

I said Jerry wouldn’t a superstar in this NBA and I’m standing on that. I didn’t say he wouldn’t make the league. Wilt scoring 100 points in a game in todays NBA? I doubt it. This is a freak athlete to y’all?

Y’all got it lmao

Wilt scored 100 points and 50 points a game because he played every minute of every game and used all the possessions.

When you adjust it per 100 possessions, it's not nearly that impressive.
Gannis, Harden, Kobe ect have had similar or better scoring seasons per possession.

also again, we don't have much footage of jerry west, and most of the footage comes post athletic prime in the 70's.
so a top 10 plays video doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:
I think his brain is so used to playing without a prosthetic that it would be a major adjustment to him if he gets one now. But man if he makes the league, would Be one of the toughest feats ever.

Unless there’s been some technology advances I’m not aware of, not sure what a prosthetic would allow Hansel to do that he can’t already. Not like they can give him a fully functional other hand.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Its not like he’s missing a finger/hand he literally has 1 arm.

Wilt scored 100 points and 50 points a game because he played every minute of every game and used all the possessions.

When you adjust it per 100 possessions, it's not nearly that impressive.
Gannis, Harden, Kobe ect have had similar or better scoring seasons per possession.

also again, we don't have much footage of jerry west, and most of the footage comes post athletic prime in the 70's.
so a top 10 plays video doesn't really mean anything.

I honestly don't even believe Wilt scored 100.

Just putting that out there.

I honestly don't even believe Wilt scored 100.

Just putting that out there.
Multiple eyewitnesses, photo evidence, newspaper coverage and a live radio broadcast isn't believable enough?
lawdog1 lawdog1 addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Why don't you think having another arm would benefit him?

I am legit confused as to yalls responses.

I come in pure ignorance.

Talk to me like I'm a 1st grader.
What is it supposed to do for him besides throw off his balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom