2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't even believe Wilt scored 100.

Just putting that out there.

It's impressive, It's just not as impressive as it sounds. I have no doubt he did it.

He played every minute and took all the shots
In a high pace environment.

Kobe scored 81 with less possessions.
Devin Booker scored 70 right

If today's best scorers played every minute of every game.

And got like 20 extra possessions to score.
And they took all the shots.
You'd get some 90-100 point games.

It's impressive, It's just not as impressive as it sounds. I have no doubt he did it.

He played every minute and took all the shots
In a high pace environment.

Kobe scored 81 with less possessions.
Devin Booker scored 70 right

If today's best scorers played every minute of every game.

And got like 20 extra possessions to score.
And they took all the shots.
You'd get some 90-100 point games.
:lol: LeBron, Kobe, Giannis would love to play 48 minutes and have a shot or assist literally every single possession.

Buts let’s just ignore why that doesn’t happen so we can diminish Wilt.

lawdog1 lawdog1 @addict4sneakers

Why don't you think having another arm would benefit him?

I am legit confused as to yalls responses.

I come in pure ignorance.

Talk to me like I'm a 1st grader.
Since there currently isn’t technology that would allow the prosthetic to include a hand and fingers he can control, all it would really do is elongate what he has now. Still couldn’t shoot with his offhand and it wouldn’t help him increase his dribble package. Just don’t see what advantage having a “normal” length, but artificial other arm is really giving him considering how well he’s figured out how to use what he’s got.

Plus, like someone else said, he have to completely re-learn how to play using the prosthetic, which I would assume would feel was less natural and instinctive to him.

:lol: LeBron, Kobe, Giannis would love to play 48 minutes and have a shot or assist literally every single possession.

Buts let’s just ignore why that doesn’t happen so we can diminish Wilt.

See this is where people exaggerate in the opposite direction.

Wilt wasn't a superhuman.

The reason all the best players played all the minutes is because the bench players were worse in those days.

The league has gotten more talent but the talent improvment has been at the bottom end not the top.

I'm not saying it's totally not impressive,
I'm saying the 100 point thing has more to do with the circumstances and context

And if you adjust for those things, it's more of an impressive feat vs a super human one.

Since there currently isn’t technology that would allow the prosthetic to include a hand and fingers he can control, all it would really do is elongate what he has now. Still couldn’t shoot with his offhand and it wouldn’t help him increase his dribble package. Just don’t see what advantage having a “normal” length, but artificial other arm is really giving him considering how well he’s figured out how to use what he’s got.

Plus, like someone else said, he have to completely re-learn how to play using the prosthetic, which I would assume would feel was less natural and instinctive to him.

Ok, I didn't know that part. (Underlined). I figured that tech existed already.

I was thinking about Mohamed Massaquoi getting one but he only had a fake hand.

Makes sense.

Thank you.

See this is where people exaggerate in the opposite direction.

Wilt wasn't a superhuman.

The reason all the best players played all the minutes is because the bench players were worse in those days.

The league has gotten more talent but the talent improvment has been at the bottom end not the top.

I'm not saying it's totally not impressive,
I'm saying the 100 point thing has more to do with the circumstances and context

And if you adjust for those things, it's more of an impressive feat vs a super human one.
The ‘06 Lakers bench (and the rest of the team) was pretty bad. Same with Philly, Cleveland, Washington & the vast majority of the other teams in the league.

None of the stars on those teams came anywhere near 48 minutes for an obvious reason, which is why it’s silly to simply “adjust for xyz”

The ‘06 Lakers Bench would be a perennial playoff team in the 60’s NBA.

Jordan Farmar giving Jerry the work 😍

some of these dont make sense to me but wtf do eye know

hate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom