2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only take public transportation to dodgers games.

I took the train that goes along the 105, back and forth, to shoot content for work once. An old head saw me and asked me to shoot his documentary. He said he used to be tupac’s muscle :lol: we get to the last stop and he snatched some dude’s backpack and walked off the train :lol: :smh:

I couldn’t imagine dealing with that type of stuff every day

Public transportation and walkable cities was the answer in the past, is the answer in the present and will still be the answer in the future. Driving and cars should be a luxury, not a necessity.

How they gonna do the switcheroo on a city like LA or another driver focus city?

Some cities probably never gonna change, or too expensive to change.

Public transportation and walkable cities was the answer in the past, is the answer in the present and will still be the answer in the future. Driving and cars should be a luxury, not a necessity.
Making cities and suburbs so car focused mandates people own a car to live a normal life.

To go to work, to get to the doctor, to get your kids around.

In practice, that mandate acts like a tax, especially for lower income people.

Only take public transportation to dodgers games.

I took the train that goes along the 105, back and forth, to shoot content for work once. An old head saw me and asked me to shoot his documentary. He said he used to be tupac’s muscle :lol: we get to the last stop and he snatched some dude’s backpack and walked off the train :lol: :smh:

I couldn’t imagine dealing with that type of stuff every day
When my son was like 13 or 14, he was out riding his bike and stopped briefly at a Metro train stop at our house. Took his phone out and within 5 minutes someone snatched it out of his hand and took off on a e-scooter.

A lady let him use her phone to call me and I went to pick him up. Told some cops what happened and were informed stuff like that is a daily occurrence.

Making cities and suburbs so car focused mandates people own a car to live a normal life.

To go to work, to get to the doctor, to get your kids around.

In practice, that mandate acts like a tax, especially for lower income people.
Americans hear "You shouldn't need a car" and get upset thinking you're trying to take away their ability to own a car.
Tying car ownership to national identity was some nasty business by the auto-industry. They've done insane harm to this country.

Americans hear "You shouldn't need a car" and get upset thinking you're trying to take away their ability to own a car.
Tying car ownership to national identity was some nasty business by the auto-industry. They've done insane harm to this country.
Maybe its limited to where I live, but I've noticed based on observations of my son and conversations with other parents of children around the same age its looking like the teens in this are not in the hurry to drive/get a car that me and my friends were when we got to be around 16. I'm not sure what's behind it exactly or whether its reprsentative of a larger trend, but I find it interesting. I'm also low key happy that driving lessons is not yet on my list of things to do.

Atlanta is one of the worst offenders of horribly designed public transportation. It’s absolutely ridiculous that THIS is our train system for a city and metro of this size
C93BA181-6253-453F-98AE-B06A1561D8C0.jpeg

I’m so ****in tired of sitting in ridiculous traffic everyday day too and from work or to get anywhere I don’t know how everyone here isn’t sick of this and clamoring to fix this **** but certain counties don’t even want Marta in it :rolleyes some people here would rather sit in traffic for 50 minutes to go 20 miles than have expanded Public transit

When I was a teenager I wanted a car and to drive for one thing and one thing only.

Yambs.

Atlanta is one of the worst offenders of horribly designed public transportation. It’s absolutely ridiculous that THIS is our train system for a city and metro of this size

I’m so ****in tired of sitting in ridiculous traffic everyday day too and from work or to get anywhere I don’t know how everyone here isn’t sick of this and clamoring to fix this **** but certain counties don’t even want Marta in it :rolleyes some people here would rather sit in traffic for 50 minutes to go 20 miles than have expanded Public transit
MARTA is strategically designed to go to certain places and not others for “cultural” reasons

Last edited:
MARTA was clutch for me when I was living in the A way back when.

Didn't have a car for the entire time EYE was living there and got by with no real issues.

MARTA was clutch for me when I was living in the A way back when.

Didn't have a car for the entire time EYE was living there and got by with no real issues.
Where you living in the city proper?

My problem not with Marta my problem is that it really needs to be expanded

Damn.

The GTA V metro system is more advanced than this.

I actually went carless over the pandemic here in Philly and it works for me. I live and work in the city, and I can either take the subway down to center city or take a bus that runs every 10 minutes at the corner of my block. Other than that I’m either walking or Ubering my way around the city, and Amtrak ‘ing between NYC and DC whenever visiting family and friends. Shoutout Walkable City by Jeff Speck and the Strong Towns pod

Sounds like they want to own their arena and pull in more revenue with a downtown location.

Feel like as these teams become more and more profitable and lucrative, NBA teams sharing arena / revenue with other teams and sports will be a thing of the past. Just makes the most economic sense to own the arena you play in, so you take in all of the revenue, concessions, parking, etc.

I actually went carless over the pandemic here in Philly and it works for me. I live and work in the city, and I can either take the subway down to center city or take a bus that runs every 10 minutes at the corner of my block. Other than that I’m either walking or Ubering my way around the city, and Amtrak ‘ing between NYC and DC whenever visiting family and friends. Shoutout Walkable City by Jeff Speck and the Strong Towns pod

This man knows :pimp: The location on the Eastern seaboard is prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom