2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not find an article…what # Cross Street and Market are they planning to build it? And what happens to Wells Fargo? Folks at XFinity Live have to be lowkey peeved but at least they still have baseball and football season
It’ll be a strictly flyers arena at that point.

I do find it funny because in 10 years, the new arena will likely put a lot of other venues out of luck for concerts and what not. Why choose the Wells Fargo, liacouras center etc when you can get a prime location in the heart of the city

So true.

LA could probably fix all their traffic and congestion issues forever if they didn’t turn up their noses at public transportation.
I turn my nose up at it only because the public transportation options we currently have in LA are trash. I've happily used public transportation in the Bay Area, Seattle, Portland and on the East Coast.

Plus, LA is so spread out that I'm not sure even a good PT system could fix all the traffic and congestion problems. There's always going to be a lot of drivers in the LA area.

So true.

LA could probably fix all their traffic and congestion issues forever if they didn’t turn up their noses at public transportation.
LA is too spread out to have a robust transportation system like other cities to begin with.
On top of the fact the police here don't do **** when you call them, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my mom or child on the train.

Reactions: MVP

Los Angeles is one of the few cities that's actively trying to improve their public transportation.

I used to ride the bus to school and then work before Covid. Seeing Welvin Da Great hop on the bus, drunk, at 6am in the morning used to be one of the highlights of my day.

Mans used to always call his friends on FaceTime, ramble incoherently for like 15 seconds, then start yelling at the person on the other end of the phone as to why they called him.

Stopped being funny when it was obvious mans wasn't just only drunk.

I turn my nose up at it only because the public transportation options we currently have in LA are trash. I've happily used public transportation in the Bay Area, Seattle, Portland and on the East Coast.

Plus, LA is so spread out that I'm not sure even a good PT system could fix all the traffic and congestion problems. There's always going to be a lot of drivers in the LA area.

Man IDK.

But I feel like something could DEFINITELY be done about LA man.

I understand how huge and spread it is - but all the more reason IMO.

I took the Metro train from Culver City to DTLA once a few years ago because my car was in the shop. I was good on it after that.
Me and my lady thought we were being adventurous taking the train from Glendale to Santa Monica.

Saw two old ladies get robbed and at least 5 people on the train just there for the ride huffing computer cleaner.

That **** is no bueno.

It’ll be a strictly flyers arena at that point.

I do find it funny because in 10 years, the new arena will likely put a lot of other venues out of luck for concerts and what not. Why choose the Wells Fargo, liacouras center etc when you can get a prime location in the heart of the city
The other venues would take a hit but they’ll still eat tho …Only a set amount of days and events the new arena can host, the other spots pick up the leftovers

I used to ride the bus to school and then work before Covid. Seeing Welvin Da Great hop on the bus, drunk, at 6am in the morning used to be one of the highlights of my day.

Mans used to always call his friends on FaceTime, ramble incoherently for like 15 seconds, then start yelling at the person on the other end of the phone as to why they called him.

Saw this dude at Union Station when I was taking the train to work lol

LA city can barely fix the freeways out here. The line from DTLA to SM was a big ask and project in itself. I've taken the train maybe twice, it is just not the business out here and the areas are just so wide from where ppl have to commute, it's not really feasible infrastructure wise.

Yea I heard Welvin got lost to sin city :smh:

It can be done if ppl really wanted it and folks in charge did things for the residents best interest
Most politicians today don't care about the constituents they serve, though. Even a lot of the "good" ones are in it for themselves.

There will never be an easy way for someone who lives in Encino to get to Redondo Beach.

There's just way too many factors that will never allow public transportation to really thrive on a large scale... at least in our lifetime.

LA really has no excuse. It’s a new city when you compare it to other cities nation and worldwide.

I get it’s spread out but come on now. They can easily make it happen.

Houston is another one too…They used to have real urban planning way back when but then said F it at some point n just built highways n parking lots :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom