2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston is another one too…They used to have real urban planning way back when but then said F it at some point n just built highways n parking lots :lol: :smh:

Well Texas is the most backward state in the country so that doesn’t surprise me.

But Los Angeles, California - that still surprises me.

The metro and bus system in the DMV is pretty good. Wait times suck at the moment but definitely gets the job done.

The pandemic and resulting shift to so many more people working from home has had some positive impact on traffic patterns in LA. Some.

The metro and bus system in the DMV is pretty good. Wait times suck at the moment but definitely gets the job done.
It’s ok when it’s actually working, but you know it’s always some bs going on with a train line :lol:

Plus they do a horrible job of upkeep, the conditions of most trains n tracks are poor

Untitled.png

Lol.

It’s ok when it’s actually working, but you know it’s always some bs going on with a train line :lol:

Plus they do a horrible job of upkeep, the conditions of most trains n tracks are poor
Like I mentioned earlier, the designers underestimated how popular the trains would get. They system wasn't built for as many riders as it gets.

The system is falling apart and to really fix it they would probably need to shut it down for months to a year.

But no one wants to face that reality.

So it is scheduled track maintenance, single tracking, and delays are the norm instead.

When I first went to Amsterdam I was like “no way 1 million people live here, it looks like 150,000 tops”….

But a million people really do live there. You don’t get that impression whatsoever. It’s crazy how well designed a city a thousand years old can be.

They made the necessary steps. They progressed.

When I first went to Amsterdam I was like “no way 1 million people live here, it looks like 150,000 tops”….

But a million people really do live there. You don’t get that impression whatsoever. It’s crazy how well designed a city a thousand years old can be.
Famb the other day I watched a video about how they manage and collect their trash. Something so mundane but I was enthralled at how genius their solution was.

Like I mentioned earlier, the designers underestimated how popular the trains would get. They system wasn't built for as many riders as it gets.

The system is falling apart and to really fix it they would probably need to shut it down for months to a year.

But no one wants to face that reality.

So it is scheduled track maintenance, single tracking, and delays are the norm instead.
Dummies ain’t take advantage of the 2 years of low activity during the pandemic…My mans does engineering for the Metro and yo be telling us what trains to avoid if possible due to how messed up they are :lol: :smh:

I took Metro for the first time a few months into DC and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Don't think I would do it consistently, but for a trip into the city once in awhile it was fine.

Famb the other day I watched a video about how they manage and collect their trash. Something so mundane but I was enthralled at how genius their solution was.

I lowkey hate giving credit to the Dutch. :lol:

But the way they make things work is truly astounding. The whole country should be in the Ocean by now but nope, they’ll never let that happen.

Their ingenuity is something else man. They had no other option but to make it work and that they did.

I took Metro for the first time a few months into DC and was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Don't think I would do it consistently, but for a trip into the city once in awhile it was fine.
It’s real convenient for going to Wizards games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom