2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
There've been ebbs and flows in the pace of the game throughout the league's history. Has very little to do with the shot clock rule. The pace had been steadily increasing for years before they put that rule in place. Teams were not running the full 24 after an offensive rebound unless it was towards the end of the game and they were protecting a lead. The pace of the game was faster in 1990 than in 2022.

ngl but NT does start every popular debate that hits social media

Just like we discovered Rosa Acosta first
manny.png

Nah.
Adjust for minutes played.
Adjust for way more transition opportunities in the 80/90s because you were sending 4 to the offensive glass.
Adjust how you had to hard double or it wasn’t illegal defense.

Those are all in game coaching adjustments. Not rule changes.

You are literally creating extra possessions because of a rule change.

This thread steals a lot of material from r/nba, too. Like, A LOT.

Examples? I had to download the Reddit app in order to get an answer to something and now it periodically sends me random notifications for r/‘s that I have visited (so I get them from r/NBA and r/Peloton :lol: ). Not sure when the posts originated but the notifications usually come a couple hours after it’s hit the news/Twitter so I would think they are probably the same as NT (as opposed to NTers stealing material from them).

But we have seen crazier from folks on here so who knows

Examples?
From jokes to takes, there's a ton, but the one that stuck out the most to me was when someone in here, just out of the blue, asked if Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA. It was completely off topic, so I went over to r/nba, and not only do I see a post stating that Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA, but the first reply to the question here was the top comment in the reddit post.

Examples? I had to download the Reddit app in order to get an answer to something and now it periodically sends me random notifications for r/‘s that I have visited (so I get them from r/NBA and r/Peloton :lol: ). Not sure when the posts originated but the notifications usually come a couple hours after it’s hit the news/Twitter so I would think they are probably the same as NT (as opposed to NTers stealing material from them).

But we have seen crazier from folks on here so who knows
Literally everything had pants had pants is from r/nba or r/lakers. :lol:

someone in here, just out of the blue, asked if Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA. It was completely off topic, so I went over to r/nba, and not only do I see a post stating that Lonzo was the worst shooter in the NBA, but the first reply to the question here was the top comment in the reddit post.

Literally everything had pants had pants is from r/nba or r/lakers. :lol:
2F3F169F-3EBF-44D4-A255-37E33EB411E3.gif

The traceability there is what confuses me because I usually see most of his memes on Twitter 12-24 hours before they make it here. Lots of them are from that “NBA Memes” account so but I am not sure if they are linked to reddit or what.

Meth is going to have to start filtering posts through Scribbr or Turnitin to make sure dudes aren’t plagiarizing from other platforms :lol:

Who is the better playoff performer? Who has better playoff stats?

🤔🤔

Bean played 100 more playoff games. The stats are a bit skewed b/c of his first 2 seasons where he didn't start yet was in the playoffs. Comparisons with them as starters would be more apt, but even without removing those the numbers are comparable.

Show me a better stretch that Wardell has over him than what he did from 08-10. 3 straight trips to the finals, league MVP, 2 chips, 2 FMVPs. Bean AVERAGED 30/6/6 on 46/35/85 in those playoff runs.

Y'all don't want to use the longevity argument, there use your peak of powers one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom