2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing with Magic and the 🐐 PG nonsense that is spewed on here from time to time.

Magic did this in only 13 seasons (12 really pre-HIV)
12x All Star
10x All NBA (9x 1st team)
4x AST champ
2x Steal Champ
2x AS MVP
3x League MVP
3x Finals MVP

Y'all will say with a straight face that it's a comparison between he and Wardell as well. It's insane.

Bistephsuals never want to use quantative measures.

Because that’s where their “arguments” fall apart.

It’s always “He ChAnGeD tHe GaMe!”

1mY0.gif

I think you've disqualified yourself from any type of objective Steph Curry discussion.

Y'all love not to do an accolades based argument b/c it is ridiculous to compare. The same thing applies to Magic.

I'll continue to say what I've said for years on here, taking your personal thoughts and feelings out of the equation, Bean has a top 5ish at worst resume.

Kobe: 25/5/5 (45/33/84)
18x All Star
15x All NBA (11x First Team)
12x All NBA Defense (9x First Team)
2x Scoring Champ
4x AS MVP
1x League MVP
2x FMVP
5x Champ
Pretty much all of these sans the AS selections occurred within a 15 year stretch from 2000-2013

Wardell: 24/5/7 (47/43/91)
8x All Star
8x All NBA (4x 1st Team)
2x Scoring Champ
1x Steals Champ
1x ASG MVP
2x League MVP
1x FMVP
4x Champ

Wardell is going into year 14 of his career now.

Even if one gives that yea Wardell is a better teammate, does it actually provide a better premium on winning than Bean? I could delve into the competition faced in the playoffs as well as that wouldn't be close either as a comparison. Y'all won't just take the win, he's firmly in the top 10 now, no need to start elevating him to where he doesn't belong yet.

If Steph is firmly in the top 10 now…with really only 8 years of prime play…and he wins one or two more…and you have Kobe at #6….

Then it is a lot closer than you or the longevity accolades think.

Steph career is so weird, because he didn’t really take off until 2013. 2014 was his first all star year…and he began dominating from 2015 until now. So an 8 year period, which is reflected by his accolades in that time. But it’s been at THE highest level in that time period. And he’s been uniquely historically great. Reason why he’s even in that convo.

In my conservative rankings…I have Kobe around 9…and Steph at 10. And that’s just me giving respect to doing it at a high level for a long time, and defensive accolades/edge (some undeservedly for Kobe…but it’s still some truth).

The convo isn’t disrespectful and it’s closer than ppl want to admit. But as I said in my OG post…the more Steph wins…it will become alot harder to not have some of these convos.

Shout out to Kobe. He knew... :pimp:

[T.I.] called me, he said 'Ay ... I'm in the studio. Kobe up here, come meet him.' I was like, 'Hell yeah, let's do it.' [laughs]. Cause everybody who knows me knows I really love Kobe. ... So we in there and I'm asking Kobe ... 'You finna retire? Who I got to watch now?' He said, 'Listen I'm gonna tell you this kid I'm watching ... Man there's this kid in Golden State, Steph Curry... He the one, all he gotta do is stay healthy.'

Same thing with Magic and the 🐐 PG nonsense that is spewed on here from time to time.

Magic did this in only 13 seasons (12 really pre-HIV)
12x All Star
10x All NBA (9x 1st team)
4x AST champ
2x Steal Champ
2x AS MVP
3x League MVP
3x Finals MVP

Y'all will say with a straight face that it's a comparison between he and Wardell as well. It's insane.

So you could argue by this same logic that Kobe has a better resume than Magic. But we both got Magic > Kobe.

Steph is in the convo man. It’s going to be harder and harder for you to deny :lol:

Wider gap.

LeBronze vs. MJ

or

Kobe vs. Steph

????
Wider gap.

Lebron vs. Magic

or

Magic vs. Steph

????
1mY0.gif

I think you've disqualified yourself from any type of objective Steph Curry discussion.
so identifying a group that obviously overrates Stephen Curry disqualifies me from objective discussion why?

All my arguments have been fact based. Numbers based. Quantative.

Why are people that are Steph biased not disqualified? 🤔

So you could argue by this same logic that Kobe has a better resume than Magic. But we both got Magic > Kobe.

Steph is in the convo man. It’s going to be harder and harder for you to deny :lol:

No, because Magic did as much or more in a shorter period of time.

MJ, Magic and Bird accomplished the most in the least amount of time as far as individual accomplishments and winning.

Bron, Kareem, Kobe and TD have the longevity while also being as elite as anyone in the league and dominant for at minimum a 15 year period.

Are there NT'ers that spend the same amount of time pumping Steph's tires that you do minimizing his career? Doubt it.
1658264175281.gif

How is listing his achievements and accolades minimizing his career? They just are what they are.

I’m just the Yin to their Yang.

Balance.

No, because Magic did as much or more in a shorter period of time.

MJ, Magic and Bird accomplished the most in the least amount of time as far as individual accomplishments and winning.

Bron, Kareem, Kobe and TD have the longevity while also being as elite as anyone in the league and dominant for at minimum a 15 year period.
eh we saw what Curry did with a Kareemesque talent. annihilate teams. If and i hate ifs but we all know....he and KD would win many more. it isnt a lebron n wade situation. they (curry and kd) worked perfectly together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom