2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t, and we know why.

But They really are the same tier. Steph is easier to build around, and a better teammate. Kobe is more physically gifted and more of what people think of traditional basketball dominance. But it’s a legit question. 2 top 10ish players of all time.

2023 going to make it REALLY interesting. Cuz I think 30 got some more winning to do. And then it becomes even more transparent.
Everything always has to be deeper than on court results when it comes to Steph not being the best ever huh?

What if people value Kobe’s longevity over Steph? What if they value Kobe excelling at both sides of the ball in his prime (12 All-Defense vs 0 and getting picked on continuously) that curry couldn’t? Kobe won more, been to the finals more, has more accolades, etc…

Steph did his thing but y’all keep getting wilder by the day 🤦🏾‍♂️

If Kobe was still living would you still feel this way?

Bro, I have Kobe top 5 or 6 all time right there with Tim. Steph had his defining moment of his career as player this playoffs, but stop with the hyperbole.

Bro, I have Kobe top 5 or 6 all time right there with Tim. Steph had his defining moment of his career as player this playoffs, but stop with the hyperbole.

Not sure how what was said or asked was hyperbole.

But if you want to pretend it isn't close, cool. You have to say/think that way.

FE4B2291-DCC7-4A7F-9B29-9278DB7DF38E.jpeg

Everything always has to be deeper than on court results when it comes to Steph not being the best ever huh?

What if people value Kobe’s longevity over Steph? What if they value Kobe excelling at both sides of the ball in his prime (12 All-Defense vs 0 and getting picked on continuously) that curry couldn’t? Kobe won more, been to the finals more, has more accolades, etc…

Steph did his thing but y’all keep getting wilder by the day 🤦🏾‍♂️

I didn’t say anything like that though. I literally said they are SAME TIER. Which means you could argue for either one.

Look at you projecting :lol:

If you have Kobe over Steph…that is fine and it makes sense. I do too. But the conversation is NOT crazy….and like I said..if Steph continues to win, then the conversation will become more clearer.

Definitely a closer comparison that most seem to be willing to admit, but I still got Kobe over Curry. Bird right in the vicinity too.

All I am saying.

But when folks are accusing folks of taking pain-killers simply for saying it's a convo is where I have a problem.

For the record, I would say Kobe is higher but Steph isn't done yet.

But as far as Perk's statement of it being easier to build around Steph, I agree 124%.

It’s not really a conversation because you can’t argue for one or the other.

Kobe is clear over Steph.

Steph still going, but as of right now there’s no argument for Steph over Kobe.

All I am saying.

But when folks are accusing folks of taking pain-killers simply for saying it's a convo is where I have a problem.

For the record, I would say Kobe is higher but Steph isn't done yet.

But as far as Perk's statement of it being easier to build around Steph, I agree 124%.

Yup yup. Take HOU$TON HOU$TON post for example.

Like, just look at all the emotion it brings out. Words like “it’s disrespectful”. Y’all are “crazy”. “Not close”.

But when you just look at it, for what we are saying, it is a convo.

Not sure how what was said or asked was hyperbole.

But if you want to pretend it isn't close, cool. You have to say/think that way.

Y'all love not to do an accolades based argument b/c it is ridiculous to compare. The same thing applies to Magic.

I'll continue to say what I've said for years on here, taking your personal thoughts and feelings out of the equation, Bean has a top 5ish at worst resume.

Kobe: 25/5/5 (45/33/84)
18x All Star
15x All NBA (11x First Team)
12x All NBA Defense (9x First Team)
2x Scoring Champ
4x AS MVP
1x League MVP
2x FMVP
5x Champ
Pretty much all of these sans the AS selections occurred within a 15 year stretch from 2000-2013

Wardell: 24/5/7 (47/43/91)
8x All Star
8x All NBA (4x 1st Team)
2x Scoring Champ
1x Steals Champ
1x ASG MVP
2x League MVP
1x FMVP
4x Champ

Wardell is going into year 14 of his career now.

Even if one gives that yea Wardell is a better teammate, does it actually provide a better premium on winning than Bean? I could delve into the competition faced in the playoffs as well as that wouldn't be close either as a comparison. Y'all won't just take the win, he's firmly in the top 10 now, no need to start elevating him to where he doesn't belong yet.

Bistephsuals never want to use quantative measures.

Because that’s where their “arguments” fall apart.

It’s always “He ChAnGeD tHe GaMe!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom