2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
draymond trying make this "new media" a thing
just him criticising guys in the media and saying they speak out of the asses
funny thing, dray was saying stuff and didn't even fact check himself. think he said something like shannon saved skipped show. even though, skip hand picked shannon to start his new show when he switched networks :lol:

funny thing, dray was saying stuff and didn't even fact check himself. think he said something like shannon saved skipped show. even though, skip hand picked shannon to start his new show :lol:
I get what Draymond is saying. But his execution is just awful. He’s too volatile.

Needs to be a non-hater, universally liked, smart, respectful to others and the game to lead the charge.

Nba media has been god awful. From hosts to commentators to analysts. A lot of times it feels like guys don’t actually watch the games yet commentate the same cliche statements pushed by nba twitter. (Remember when SAS suggested lakers should trade kuzma for booker) LOL

Bronny gonna go to college & play more than 1 year.

Maybe long enough for Bron to have to wait til Bryce is 17.

The real successor to Lebron.

450895D9-017E-4241-98C2-AF9C7F42676A.jpeg

funny thing, dray was saying stuff and didn't even fact check himself. think he said something like shannon saved skipped show. even though, skip hand picked shannon to start his new show when he switched networks :lol:

dray is really feeling himself. when the dubs won the championship, i think we all knew he was about to piss off a lot of people :lol:

he's living with that "It's easier to ask for forgiveness that it is to ask for permission" mentality when it comes to what he says, especially when he's not fact checking first. reality is, i'd rather hear it from dray than skip.

it's interesting who he's aligning himself with. he's trying to get in SAS' good favor while propping up reddick as the leader of the "new media." idk why but the drama will be entertaining.

What even is 'new media"
Wresting the power to influence and inform the people from the established “old” guard.

It’s exactly what happened with that alt right movement.

It helps to see an undeserved audience and cater to them. There are folks on YouTube or podcasts trying to become the new talking heads for NBA. It’s always an uphill challenge. In this thread, it’s SAS, Skiup/Shannon, Woj, Shams, Malika, Windhorst, etc.
That’s the dangerous part of “alternate” sources. But it’s also an indictment on society that accuracy isn’t important. Like my grams used to say never let facts get in the way of telling a good story.

Wresting the power to influence and inform the people from the established “old” guard.

It’s exactly what happened with that alt right movement.

It helps to see an undeserved audience and cater to them. There are folks on YouTube or podcasts trying to become the new talking heads for NBA. It’s always an uphill challenge. In this thread, it’s SAS, Skiup/Shannon, Woj, Shams, Malika, Windhorst, etc.

That’s the dangerous part of “alternate” sources. But it’s also an indictment on society that accuracy isn’t important. Like my grams used to say never let facts get in the way of telling a good story.

I watch a few of those YT dudes who basically have podcast videos on current NBA topics and man...its literally all the same **** they are talking about. All opinions are generally the same, just delivered differently. Its a very "safe" approach to their audience probably so they aren't too out there with opinions and stay monetized. I do find myself watching though, so hey it works I guess.

It’s not just NBA players though. It’s literally disrupting ESPN, FX Sports, etc.

They are a contingent because they feel others are capitalizing on their blood, sweat, and tears so you have folks like Draymond, JJ Reddick, Kwame, Barnes/Jackson, etc using social media as their platform to reach out to NBA fans.

It’s no different than Ben Shapiro making a platform for right wing movies as a counter to Disney (or what they perceive to be a liberal agenda pushed in films).

It’s not just NBA players though. It’s literally disrupting ESPN, FX Sports, etc.

They are a contingent because they feel others are capitalizing on their blood, sweat, and tears so you have folks like Draymond, JJ Reddick, Kwame, Barnes/Jackson, etc using social media as their platform to reach out to NBA fans.

It’s no different than Ben Shapiro making a platform for right wing movies as a counter to Disney (or what they perceive to be a liberal agenda pushed in films).

What are you trying to say? Im not following (srs).

More importantly... Devin Booker is really on the cover of NBA 2K? After that crazy trash talk/Choke Job combo? Over the guy who just won back-to-back MVP? This kind of logic permeates through that entire place and is why the game is bad.

More importantly... Devin Booker is really on the cover of NBA 2K? After that crazy trash talk/Choke Job combo? Over the guy who just won back-to-back MVP? This kind of logic permeates through that entire place and is why the game is bad.
I haven’t bought or played 2K since 2K15

The mechanics just kept going downhill

Should have been Ja.

I’m just saying it’s NBA stars and non large platform (ESPN/FX Sports) folks trying to create an audience/following and creating power by using Web 2.0+ tools.

I went to school for communications. So it’s always fascinating.

And this is a bad thing? Last post said its disrupting ESPN/capitalizing on their hard work etc.

I haven’t bought or played 2K since 2K15

The mechanics just kept going downhill

The gameplay is lazy. Hate how the higher you move the game up the worst your teammates get.

With that said, I need another game to play when Warzone gets too frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom