2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sherman was in a hit and run around 1 AM, then at 2 AM was in a altercation at a house then was arrested at 6 AM?

Apparently they had a K9 to take him down too....

So Sherman was in a hit and run around 1 AM, then at 2 AM was in a altercation at a house then was arrested at 6 AM?

Apparently they had a K9 to take him down too....
Booked at 6am*.
That’s probably after medical clearance from the hospital if he got bit the dog.

Figured he’s drunk, crashes his car and leaves it parked/abandoned . Shows up to his relatives house and they don’t let him in, scene is caused, police get called.

Wow sounds like Sherm had a rough night and made some bad decisions. So instead of potentially finishing his career with Seattle for a season or two and parlaying that into a coaching role he could be done completely with the league (I know I'm jumping to conclusions and do hope he can bounce back once this is straightened out).

Weird situation but I'm glad no one was hurt, hopefully him and his fam manage to clear things up since his future was looking real rocky a few hours ago when there wasn't too much info out there yet

Sounds more like domestic disturbance. Is that categorized under the same umbrella as DV or maybe because he was belligerent? You don't want that DV stigma for acting out one night with no real "violence" having happened.

Off season too so everyone gonna over react.

Every jurisdiction may view this a different way, but these domestic disturbances usually fall under the DV umbrella. For Sherm’s sake, it would be wise of NFLPA to start clarifying language, or strategizing to interpret it via spirit of law and not letter of law. A huge majority of the public assumes he put his hands on someone when they hear DV, and that’s wrong.

There’s also the possibility that Sherm’s wife was actually scared that she or family members would be harmed so cops were called. Perhaps after seeing the fallout, his attorneys met with her to put out this statement as implications would be worst than imagined. I hope nothing happened, but it’s not uncommon for victims to go back on something because the financial or personal loss would be too much…

She shouldn’t have called the cops therm. I know a Richard was wilding, but calling the cops seems to have made this situation worse than it needed to be. She could have called a friedn

Unless he doesn't I've with his wife, it might not even been her at all.

I had a condo in Renton for a bit and his place was about 10 minutes East past Fairwood toward Maple Valley. Not sure if he has other family in that area too, but I knew folks that drove by at least one of his spots there often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom