2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
This. I mean perhaps the 2014 shade was a little exaggerated but I admit that I loved it and was one of the main ones pushing and vouching for it in 2014. I can appreciate the “pop”. Looks same as OG in some pics but they did lean a little heavy on the pink side in most cases. Anyway I always felt the 2000s had the overall best shade to date and I believe this ‘19 shade will be similar to those.
Yup. The 2019 looks rather close to the 2000 pair with proper “lighting”.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys own the 2014’s? And if so, what kind of shape are they in? I’ve only worn mine maybe 10x. I know the shape sucks and the infrapink is annoying, but it’s really hard for me to justify shelling out $200 for the same shoe that I probably wouldn’t even wear for a few years. Just wanna know if anyone else is in the same boat?
Sell those 2014 for $150-$200. You’ll enjoy the new pair more.

I just want to see how the 2019 will compare to the 1991 or 2000. Some pics make me think 1991, others look Deep Infrared
I personally think the colour is closer to the 2000....which is ok with me. Time will tell though. In hand 1991 pairs are hard to compare to due to age and the colour shift throughout the years. And comparing the 2019 to 1991 OG pics is hard due to lighting...

I personally think the colour is closer to the 2000....which is ok with me. Time will tell though. In hand 1991 pairs are hard to compare to due to age and the colour shift throughout the years. And comparing the 2019 to 1991 OG pics is hard due to lighting...
There’s a couple guys on IG whose 1991 pairs are still pristine with no wear. Hopefully one of them cops the 2019. You’re right about the age, one of the widely shared 1991 vs 2014 Comparisons was off because the paint had chipped and degraded to the point where it was almost Varsity Red looking.

31399556-9481-46AC-9EE8-716CDA4E7C70.jpeg
This pic alone, is what got me into all of this.

Last pic has the Jordan 5 locks on MJ’s AJ6’s.

It's what I did. I think pictures first surfaced when Mark Wahlberg was at some meeting with Jordan Brand and ppl pointed out that for whatever reason the Infared 6 was there with Nike Air. Took the chance that these were coming back and sold mine for retail.

Here's an article with the pictures...
https://sneakerbardetroit.com/mark-wahlberg-air-jordan-shoe/

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys own the 2014’s? And if so, what kind of shape are they in? I’ve only worn mine maybe 10x. I know the shape sucks and the infrapink is annoying, but it’s really hard for me to justify shelling out $200 for the same shoe that I probably wouldn’t even wear for a few years. Just wanna know if anyone else is in the same boat?

Idk man. It’s tough to say. Really depends on how much you like black/infrared 6s in general. For me, I love the shoe so much I tend to buy them everytime they release. I mean I just can’t have enough of this shoe lol. It’s my favorite. If it’s not like that with you and you just wear them every once in a while as it is then you might not need another “newer” pair as the 2014 definitely achieves the look and does the job well. We’re all expecting the ‘19s to be more comfortable so that alone may make buying a pair worth it.

It's what I did. I think pictures first surfaced when Mark Wahlberg was at some meeting with Jordan Brand and ppl pointed out that for whatever reason the Infared 6 was there with Nike Air. Took the chance that these were coming back and sold mine for retail.

Here's an article with the pictures...
https://sneakerbardetroit.com/mark-wahlberg-air-jordan-shoe/

Should’ve waited. I got a pretty penny for my pair a few weeks ago. Just under $300.

That’s what I SHOULD do. But I know I would just end up keeping them. Plus I just checked goat and it looks like a lot of people have that same idea. Lol.

Idk man. It’s tough to say. Really depends on how much you like black/infrared 6s in general. For me, I love the shoe so much I tend to buy them everytime they release. I mean I just can’t have enough of this shoe lol. It’s my favorite. If it’s not like that with you and you just wear them every once in a while as it is then you might not need another “newer” pair as the 2014 definitely achieves the look and does the job well. We’re all expecting the ‘19s to be more comfortable so that alone may make buying a pair worth it.

It’s definitely in my top 10 favorite Js all time. I’m just trying to cut back on buying kicks this year. I still have about 6 pairs from last year I haven’t even unds yet. And several more I’ve worn maybe once or twice. With that being said, my 720s are coming tomorrow lol. It’s all just beginning to be a bit much.

This shoe is in my top 5 all time, behind the 11 and the 3 (and MAYBE the bred 13, but not sure).

Simply one of the most iconic and recognizable Jordan’s ever, and it was really the shoe that started it all for me. They just stood out from everything else that was out at the time, and they look better than pretty much anything that’s coming out today.

I finally broke down today and bought Maroon 6’s off SX. Might wear those when I go to cop these.

This shoe is in my top 5 all time, behind the 11 and the 3 (and MAYBE the bred 13, but not sure).

Simply one of the most iconic and recognizable Jordan’s ever, and it was really the shoe that started it all for me. They just stood out from everything else that was out at the time, and they look better than pretty much anything that’s coming out today.

I finally broke down today and bought Maroon 6’s off SX. Might wear those when I go to cop these.

Maroons :pimp:.

Originally, I started liking the Infrared because it wasn’t a normal red. I wasn’t a big fan of red 10+ years back, and the Infrared stood out. Then, when the 2010 Varsity dropped without Infrared or Durabuck, I wanted the shoe even more. When I got the 2000 pair in 2011, I loved the details, but I didn’t know how to restore them to wear, so some months later, I sold them. When they were announced in 2014, I had stop buying shoes for a few years, and I wanted them back with the Nike air and Durabuck. That didn’t happen, and I didn’t grab. Saw some guys on my campus wearing them and they actually looked decent with the pink and 3m; I was watching a Different World heavy then, because it was an HBCU show, and Kadeem Hardison got me back into buying Jays. Sold my 2014 in winter 2016 because I figured they get remastered with a pair at least similar to the 2000 I owned. In the mean time, now having had and sold two Infrareds, here we are. This sneaker brought actually me to NikeTalk originally during the 2010 release. I remember seeing the same bickering back then over details lol.

Last edited:
Im starting to think people dont realize MJs PE pair had a longer tongue than the retail pair along with no 3m

I might be remembering wrong but I dont remember the tongue doubling as shin guards back then.

Back
Top Bottom