2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

The change in offense is more Ben off ball and J Rich running the half court show. The last half of the fourth was Ben off ball and J Rich leading it

it’s so much more we can do with someone else running the show in the half court. you can’t help off Ben if he’s in the post and he’s a good passer to find someone else open if they double

The best part was that Ben was aware of what to do when he was off ball. He was constantly moving rather than going to the freethrow line, handing it off then walking backwards to the three point line.

It just felt everybody knew their role and the offense was more dynamic and free flowing. Which will bring up a TON of questions about the Jo/ Ben fit within the next few weeks...

I think Brett has ran his course, but who are we firing him for? Do you think Joseph Blair or Ime Udoka taking over as head coach for the first time in either of their lives midseason is helping us right now?

Depending on how things go, if they do decide to let Brown go, it will be during summer at the very earliest.

The best part was that Ben was aware of what to do when he was off ball. He was constantly moving rather than going to the freethrow line, handing it off then walking backwards to the three point line.

It just felt everybody knew their role and the offense was more dynamic and free flowing. Which will bring up a TON of questions about the Jo/ Ben fit within the next few weeks...
Ben and Jo can fit. The narrative was that Embiid needed to be become a better shooter to fit next to Simmons but Simmons also needed to be moved off ball to add more variety to the offense. Even when Embiid was in the offense was free flowing with Simmons off ball. He just can’t be floating outside or standing in the dunkers spots doing anything

You know why it probably felt like everybody looked like they knew their role and the offense was more dynamic and free flowing, other than the fact that Embiid clogs the lane?

Probably because those dudes actually have chemistry together unlike with Embiid who barely even practices with them most of the time and seems like he’s barely even around them. Embiid has been distant as **** from the team it seems this year. It feels like he’s all butt-hurt they’ve let go of his guys Jimmy, JJ, Justin Anderson, Dario and Covington.

I know this is some tin foil hat type of **** as well but he legit doesn’t follow a single one of our new guys on IG. Pretty sure the only player on our team he even follows on IG is Ben now. He’s never been like that before, he’d always be the first one on there and Twitter welcoming his new guys. Remember one of the first signs of us signing Horford was Embiid and Ben following him on IG? Idk when it happened but Embiid doesn’t even follow him on there anymore :lol: things like this are a big deal in the time we’re in. Tobias, J-Rich, Horford, Ennis, KOQ and everybody all like every one of his pics he posts meanwhile Embiid doesn’t even follow these dudes. Something just doesn’t seem right there.

That really is some tin foil hat **** man :lol:

I just see it as Jo being tired of being the one having to step above and beyond and constantly getting called out while other dudes are given passes

He’s said already that dudes just need to play and stop overthinking. Brett then came out and said that allowing the guys to do their own thing wasn’t working and he needed to call more plays.Yes Jo was out last night but it’s not a coincidence. Brett is finally coaching for once. Flashback to the OKC game, Jo and Al were feeding each other in the post from the top of the key, how often did we see that before? Never because Al was parked in the 3 pt line and we were running an offense based on Jo posting up and dudes standing still

Should we still run sets out of the post with Jo, yes. Should our offense be centered around that, absolutely not because it doesn’t fit with the other guys. It did when JJ was here. Brett has learned (hopefully) that Josh and Tobi aren’t JJ. Change the offense and things work.

That really is some tin foil hat **** man :lol:

I just see it as Jo being tired of being the one having to step above and beyond and constantly getting called out while other dudes are given passes

He’s said already that dudes just need to play and stop overthinking. Brett then came out and said that allowing the guys to do their own thing wasn’t working and he needed to call more plays.Yes Jo was out last night but it’s not a coincidence. Brett is finally coaching for once. Flashback to the OKC game, Jo and Al were feeding each other in the post from the top of the key, how often did we see that before? Never because Al was parked in the 3 pt line and we were running an offense based on Jo posting up and dudes standing still

Should we still run sets out of the post with Jo, yes. Should our offense be centered around that, absolutely not because it doesn’t fit with the other guys. It did when JJ was here. Brett has learned (hopefully) that Josh and Tobi aren’t JJ. Change the offense and things work.

Really don’t think it’s that crazy to think something of the best player on our team who’s been essentially the social media king of the NBA that would always follow every single player on the team, make playful posts about them and welcome them to the team all the sudden starts acting completely different on the court most of the time this year and not only doesn’t follow a single player on our team other than Ben but actually unfollowed one of the starters beside him at some point over the last few months. That’s some real 2020 first world type of **** but that’s actually a big deal to these dudes that their own teammate/best player on the team that they respect and like all of his posts doesn’t even feel the need to follow them back. Dude used to follow everybody down to even the scrubs that were G-League level players on our roster.

Really don’t think it’s that crazy to think something of the best player on our team who’s been essentially the social media king of the NBA that would always follow every single player on the team, make playful posts about them and welcome them to the team all the sudden starts acting completely different on the court most of the time this year and not only doesn’t follow a single player on our team other than Ben but actually unfollowed one of the starters beside him at some point over the last few months. That’s some real 2020 first world type of **** but that’s actually a big deal to these dudes that their own teammate/best player on the team that they respect and like all of his posts doesn’t even feel the need to follow them back. Dude used to follow everybody down to even the scrubs that were G-League level players on our roster.
Not that big of a deal to me tbh lol

Not that big of a deal to me tbh lol

I just think it’s a big deal that he obviously doesn’t **** with these dudes on the team like that anymore. If it was anybody else on the team I wouldn’t even be bringing it up.

I just think it’s a big deal that he obviously doesn’t **** with these dudes on the team like that anymore. If it was anybody else on the team I wouldn’t even be bringing it up.
If that was true, then the reason why is above. Dudes are overthinking and not playing freely. That puts more pressure on Embiid when he’s obviously tryna not wear himself out too early

These guys should be stepping up now to carry Embiid and come PO time Embiid will carry them. We know he can. Just gotta get him there

The effort was there in the first half when they were missing shots

2nd half they got passive with Ben being the most passive. This on off switch he has with that is the most frustrating

Yea I was talking about the 2nd half, they were still missing shots and Dallas starting making some and they just stop playing with that same energy.

Ben definitely didn’t show up in the 2nd half, took like 2 shots after the break. I know he got frustrated with those BS fouls guarding Luka but the team goes how he goes. Once he stopped playing with that intensity, whole squad collapsed.

Also I don’t understand some of the decisions Brett was making this game. Posting up Scott and doubling Luka in the 4th just made no sense at all.

Yea the Scott stuff made no sense. Also, why didn't KOQ get any burn when Boban came in? Pelle got bodied inside possession after possession.

Ben frustrates me but Brett does so much more. I know he said he's gonna call more plays but I don't even remember him calling plays in the 2nd

I don’t understand what happened at halftime but these dudes played with amazing pace and energy all first half then played like they didn’t even care in the second half. Ben was awesome all first half then was nonexistent in the second.

I don’t understand what happened at halftime but these dudes played with amazing pace and energy all first half then played like they didn’t even care in the second half. Ben was awesome all first half then was nonexistent in the second.
Embiid probably FT them lol

"Sixers Interested In Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Jeff Green"

I really like Kennard and think he's underrated. But his value might be too high and given that Brand likes to overpay, I am a bit concerned.

It would honestly make zero sense for the Pistons to trade Kennard. He’s one of the only players they should actually keep. I doubt that’s happening. Galloway would be a solid cheap pickup though.

I’m tired of watching all these open 3s just constantly brick. If Elton doesn’t make a move for a real shooter this week, dude needs to be fired.

I’m tired of watching all these open 3s just constantly brick. If Elton doesn’t make a move for a real shooter this week, dude needs to be fired.

I’m not understanding what’s taking so long. The longer this dude waits to make an obvious move the further we’re falling behind in the standings to at least get the 2 seed. Home court is obviously EXTREMELY important for this team.

Or look at Brett wanting these guys to shoot that much. As much as Brand has built a mismanaged roster, Brett is doing a terrible job using them

No need for 35+ 3s from this team. We was bullying them outside and kept settling into 3s

Simmons yet again with the strong 1st and disappearing 2nd

Holding on the Brett for this long gonna be our downfall

I’m done with the 35+ a night and wanting J Rich, Tobi and Al to be volume shooters to benefit his stale offense. Need to to put a bullet to that

And I do not want to see loads of Embiid post ups once he returns

Back
Top Bottom