2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

There was a post here that I noticed did not go through - reposting:

I remembered a couple of weeks back, people were asking what would a contending team built around Simmons would look like, everyone is going to say either use the Giannis blueprint, or the LeBron blueprint. I think they are both false as he is not that type of player.

If this is who Ben is, then he's a super version of Draymond Green. A great passer, an excellent defender and someone who will make all the hustle plays to win a game. Expecting anything more would lead to disappointment.

Ben should be in a team built like GSW where he can play the Draymond role. A team like Atlanta with Trae or even the Mavs would make sense (fit wise)
Ben is a playmaking 4 and not a 5 who can take over a game. If we had an actual PG *cough cough* it would open up Ben game a lot more

Bro honestly Shake should not be even getting NBA minutes. He’s gotten playing time because that’s how bad off we are on players that can actually dribble and shoot. And the fact that Shake and Marial Shayok, two late second rounders, are getting called up before Zhaire speaks volumes.
Oh I know lol I’m just giving example of guys who’d we want in that role that’s in house. Shake is different because he was projected as a 1st but got injured and test horribly. I’m higher on him than Zhaire because we’ve seen Shake do things in an NBA game

but we gotta give em minutes to see how they respond. I think now with a refined role, they would look a lot better

I’d like Brett to just throw Zhaire in there to see what happens honestly. Keith Pompey told me Brett relies so hard on his analytics guys for which lineups and players he plays. He said he legit tells some players they’re not playing before the game even tips off because of how the analytics team sees the matchup.

I’d like Brett to just throw Zhaire in there to see what happens honestly. Keith Pompey told me Brett relies so hard on his analytics guys for which lineups and players he plays. He said he legit tells some players they’re not playing before the game even tips off because of how the analytics team sees the matchup.
I mean I get why tho. You play Pelle more against time runners if Embiid or Horford is resting and KOQ against slower bigger guys

I mean I get why tho. You play Pelle more against time runners if Embiid or Horford is resting and KOQ against slower bigger guys

Beyond the whole big man situation like how he was with Amir and Monroe and all those bums last year he’s infuriating about most of his rotation players at guard as well.

Man this team is so frustrating. I don’t expect them to play hard 48 minutes every game but at least give a **** more than the last 2 minutes of a game.

We need to make a move for someone because Scott looking washed. Thybulle being gone hurts since we have no other shooters or wings.

We need to make a move for someone because Scott looking washed. Thybulle being gone hurts since we have no other shooters or wings.

Blows my mind Mike Scott went from cult icon with our fans and rejuvenating his career to being washed in a year. I honestly think dude might have been drinking too much especially with the fans since the end of last season.

He, Zhaire and Bolden gotta be moved.

This L is on Tobias going for the dagger and not dribbling it out. 3rd game in 4 days and I can’t get mad at the effort. We need more from the bench because Scott is looking washed and no Thybulle

still funny the Heat needed BS calls to beat us these games.

gotta make a move for one of the Morris twins asap

I’m all in on the Burke train cc buc em buc em

What do ya'all think of Alec Burks? I never really watched him play, just from the stats, seems like he can help out bring another ball handler.
But that's from me knowing very little about him and his playing style.

What do ya'all think of Alec Burks? I never really watched him play, just from the stats, seems like he can help out bring another ball handler.
But that's from me knowing very little about him and his playing style.
Less athletic version of Terrence Ross

Derrick Rose is somebody we badly need if we can get him. Need somebody like him, a shooter and one of the Morris twins. Those are the kind of players we’re lacking. Could have easily gotten all of these dudes with Horford’s money too....

Derrick Rose is somebody we badly need if we can get him. Need somebody like him, a shooter and one of the Morris twins. Those are the kind of players we’re lacking. Could have easily gotten all of these dudes with Horford’s money too....

Barnes, Morris, Rose, maybe even keeping JJ, so many directions could have gone to balance out the roster.

Al is a great player and teammate but it's just awkward playing three big at the same time (joel, Al and ben)

Al should willingly move to the bench once Thybulle is healthy. He can still play 20-24 mins a game running with Ben or even a big lineup with Embiid and no Ben

the super big lineup can come when we play Boston or Toronto or even the Clippers.

Al should willingly move to the bench once Thybulle is healthy. He can still play 20-24 mins a game running with Ben or even a big lineup with Embiid and no Ben

the super big lineup can come when we play Boston or Toronto or even the Clippers.

I was suggesting that Josh goes to the bench to man the second unit but Al would make more sense. The question is, will Brown have the balls to do it.

Al has nothing left to prove and is getting paid handsomely for his services, I think he wants a ring more than anything now and of that means him coming off the bench, then it's worth a shot.

A lineup of:

Joel
Tobias
Thybulle
J Rich
Ben

Makes A LOT more sense and can flow more naturally on offence while still maintaining the elite defense.

Al anchoring the second unit will increase his value and impact on the team's success.

The question is, who will end the games.

A lineup of:

Joel
Tobias
Thybulle
J Rich
Ben

Makes A LOT more sense and can flow more naturally on offence while still maintaining the elite defense.

Al anchoring the second unit will increase his value and impact on the team's success.

The question is, who will end the games.

Who will end the games is not currently on this roster IMO.

As cool of a dude as J-Rich is I honestly wouldn’t doubt it if we use him, Mike Scott and a throw in to get somebody better than J-Rich as our starter and maybe a solid bench shooter. Not sure who that would be but I could see him being dangled since he’s a good player on a good contract compared to what he should be paid and since all of our contracts are super cheap besides our starters so it’s hard to not include one to get anybody worth a damn.

The lineup above works when closing. Idk if y’all noticed that 2 out of 3 possessions in that OT was a J Rich-Embiid PnR with Ben in the dunkers spot. The second J Rich gets around the corner it’s an easy lob to Simmons. That will work again man defense as well as destroy a 2-3 zone

as frustrating as that loss was there was A LOT of positives to take away from that. Also using Burke more as a penetrator works because he’s willing to get to the rim unlike Timothy John smh

So how long do we have to wait for Brett to have the balls to bring Al off the bench? He’s been mediocre or worst this whole month.

I’m more concerned with getting a pg who doesn’t play passive in games that’s built for him to be aggressive

Ben did play aggressive though to start and got ****** on some calls. Him and Josh the only 2 to show up.

When Embiid is out, Al needs to be at the 5, Tobi at 4, and bring somebody off the bench to play the wing. Team needs to be fast paced and constantly forcing the issue. O’Quinn starting today is a baffling choice by Brett.

Ben did play aggressive though to start and got ****ed on some calls. Him and Josh the only 2 to show up.

When Embiid is out, Al needs to be at the 5, Tobi at 4, and bring somebody off the bench to play the wing. Team needs to be fast paced and constantly forcing the issue. O’Quinn starting today is a baffling choice by Brett.
And that’s my issue. He was getting calls too. Why stop being aggressive

ben being passive is 100x worse than Embiid because Embiid still tries to get points. Ben just passes and stands there

Back
Top Bottom