2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

So how long do we have to wait for Brett to have the balls to bring Al off the bench? He’s been mediocre or worst this whole month.

Never. Have you read the athletic article and noticed Brown's quotes? Much like all the other years, it's clear that Brown is clueless.

Ben did play aggressive though to start and got ****ed on some calls. Him and Josh the only 2 to show up.

When Embiid is out, Al needs to be at the 5, Tobi at 4, and bring somebody off the bench to play the wing. Team needs to be fast paced and constantly forcing the issue. O’Quinn starting today is a baffling choice by Brett.

Thats the main issue with Brown, it's almost like he doing it out of spite to prove everyone wrong. He's so stubborn he doesn't even want to move Al to the 5 when it's the obvious thing to do.

Also, instead of adjusting the lineup/gameplan, he sticks to the game plan while switching Embiid with Q. He did that last year with Monroe. Smh

One more bad game like this and I’m out on BB.

We have the pieces to build a good team but they just aren’t used right. Process years be damned but the last 3 have shown me he can’t adjust and very stuck in his ways

It’s like he’s was stuck with the roster churn and now that we have a core set he’s only using the core

And that’s my issue. He was getting calls too. Why stop being aggressive

ben being passive is 100x worse than Embiid because Embiid still tries to get points. Ben just passes and stands there

Oh no doubt he could have been more aggressive for the whole game but he’s far from the reason we took this huge L today.

I like Brett but he really does take forever to adjust. I mean he’s probably out if we don’t make the finals.

Oh no doubt he could have been more aggressive for the whole game but he’s far from the reason we took this huge L today.
He’s the leader and best player on the team since Embiid is out. When he plays aggressive, everyone else feeds off of it. Same when he’s passive

when he’s aggressive, no one on defense knows if he’s gonna pass or get to the rim. it opens up passes to shooters off rotations. When he’s passive, there’s no need to double off the guys

Ben needs to be the 4 in the Dray role. Having all 3 of Ben-Jo-Al makes things clunky. When 2 of the 3 are on our offense flows much smoother

Josh isn’t that much of a half court creator but he can work if Simmons is off ball

lineup should be Josh-Thybulle-Tobi-Ben-Embiid going forward or make a move for a PG

Only question is how long is Brett gonna wait to make that move? It’s obvious the Ben-Al-Jo trio just isn’t gonna work and he needs to get better spacing on the floor.

Only question is how long is Brett gonna wait to make that move? It’s obvious the Ben-Al-Jo trio just isn’t gonna work and he needs to get better spacing on the floor.
Never :rofl:

I was calling for this LAST YEAR lol

we keep bringing in guys to be spot up shooters to appease to Ben being a point rather than moving him off ball and letting guys cook

Notice how we went from Dario, Cov, Ersan, Marco, JJ to trying to make Fultz a shooter off the catch, Jimmy a shooter off the catch, Al a shooter off the catch, Tobi a shooter off the catch and J Rich the same

Guys were brought in to create and get buckets. They can’t when forced to be spot up shooters. Elton is making these moves for a reason, Brown is too stubborn to his ways to adapt

In all honesty a trade cannot be made soon enough. We don’t play til Monday. If we’re being as urgent as we need to be a trade should be made before that. But I obviously have high doubt we’re making a trade over the weekend. This can’t wait much longer though or else things are gonna get even uglier pretty quick.

In all honesty a trade cannot be made soon enough. We don’t play til Monday. If we’re being as urgent as we need to be a trade should be made before that. But I obviously have high doubt we’re making a trade over the weekend. This can’t wait much longer though or else things are gonna get even uglier pretty quick.
That Tobi trade did come out of nowhere lol

Brett definitely has to go. hes holding back the team with his set lineups and rotations

There are so many times where we come out of timeouts or just come down the court in a halfcourt set in general and everybody on the floor looks like they have absolutely no ******* clue where they’re supposed to be or what they’re supposed to be doing. Then we proceed to have Tobias or Embiid hoist up some contested BS shot at the shot clock buzzer that has next to no shot of going in most of the time. This team doesn’t fit together at all but things like that fall mostly on the coach.

There are so many times where we come out of timeouts or just come down the court in a halfcourt set in general and everybody on the floor looks like they have absolutely no ****ing clue where they’re supposed to be or what they’re supposed to be doing. Then we proceed to have Tobias or Embiid hoist up some contested BS shot at the shot clock buzzer that has next to no shot of going in most of the time. This team doesn’t fit together at all but things like that fall mostly on the coach.
They can fit if the scheme and rotations change. That’s all on the coach. Ben is not a PG. until Brett realizes this, our ceiling is extremely limited

you can have Ben off ball and Jo working the post without issue. there was plenty of times that happened tonight. We just need another creator on the floor with Ben. Once Brett and the entire world realizes that Ben is a better version of Dray and not Giannis, league ******

This team is so frustrating to watch. Horford is playing probably his worst season of his career, the half court offensive sets are still atrocious, Scott looks more like he’s gone frozen than cold, Ennis. It really contributing in a meaningful way. Your best bench player is probably Trey Burke, save for Matisse. Ben continues to put himself is no mans land because he refuses to shoot STILL and turns the ball over. Somehow Embiid is in better condition but he’s still not checking back into the game in the 4th quarter until <5 left in most games (<3 minutes left tonight). Then there’s the laziness. SO MANY TIMES tonight they give up and offensive board because they didn’t box out. Or Jo turning the ball over off the inbound. Just lack of concentration, awareness, and effort.

and then there’s the fact that they’re Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to road and home games. I’m so tired of the inconsistency, the laziness,and What appears to be plain defiance of the head coach from Ben.

when your coach publicly states his expectations thatyou shoot 1 three a game minimum and you haven’t taken one since? Either he’s uncoachable or the coach has no authority.

This team is so frustrating to watch. Horford is playing probably his worst season of his career, the half court offensive sets are still atrocious, Scott looks more like he’s gone frozen than cold, Ennis. It really contributing in a meaningful way. Your best bench player is probably Trey Burke, save for Matisse. Ben continues to put himself is no mans land because he refuses to shoot STILL and turns the ball over. Somehow Embiid is in better condition but he’s still not checking back into the game in the 4th quarter until <5 left in most games (<3 minutes left tonight). Then there’s the laziness. SO MANY TIMES tonight they give up and offensive board because they didn’t box out. Or Jo turning the ball over off the inbound. Just lack of concentration, awareness, and effort.

and then there’s the fact that they’re Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to road and home games. I’m so tired of the inconsistency, the laziness,and What appears to be plain defiance of the head coach from Ben.

when your coach publicly states his expectations thatyou shoot 1 three a game minimum and you haven’t taken one since? Either he’s uncoachable or the coach has no authority.

To be honest, I believe Ben takes coaching decently well and will do whatever is needed...besides shoot the damn basketball :lol: its just a straight up mental block for him

To be honest, I believe Ben takes coaching decently well and will do whatever is needed...besides shoot the damn basketball :lol: its just a straight up mental block for him
Brett still gotta go lol

makes no sense how hard he is on everyone else but Ben. What also didn’t make sense is having Embiid sit until the 3 minute mark. If you wasn’t gonna bring him back at the 5 minute mark, have him sit. The same thing happened against Miami; Horford game in during the last OT after not playing most of the 4th

what’s even more ironic is that Colangelo built a better team to win in the short term, Brand is building a team that can be sustained over time but Brown is using the guys like this is our only window ever

I think Brett has ran his course, but who are we firing him for? Do you think Joseph Blair or Ime Udoka taking over as head coach for the first time in either of their lives midseason is helping us right now?

One of the best W’s of the year, good to see everybody step up with Jo out.

The team needs to figure out how to play with more pace when Embiid comes back.

I missed you Matisse, didn’t do much on O but his energy and D is appreciated. Same could be said for Pelle.

J Rich needs to always be this aggressive looking for his shot.

Need more josh Richardson initiating offense. Also, this team needs to learn how to throw entry passes into the post. Sometimes it’s not always open, so don’t force it. And if you got Ben down low with the defender fronting then please throw that ish higher

The change in offense is more Ben off ball and J Rich running the half court show. The last half of the fourth was Ben off ball and J Rich leading it

it’s so much more we can do with someone else running the show in the half court. you can’t help off Ben if he’s in the post and he’s a good passer to find someone else open if they double

Need more josh Richardson initiating offense. Also, this team needs to learn how to throw entry passes into the post. Sometimes it’s not always open, so don’t force it. And if you got Ben down low with the defender fronting then please throw that ish higher

You talking about that Walker play aren't you? I believe it was Thybulle who threw that pass, I like the strategy, let them get used to it some more.

Back
Top Bottom