2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I love Embiid as a Sixer but his lack of effort for so many of our games this year is atrocious. I know he’s trying to stay healthy for the playoffs and I’m sure he’ll play hard then but watching him just go through the motions for so many regular season games is annoying as ****.

I love Embiid as a Sixer but his lack of effort for so many of our games this year is atrocious. I know he’s trying to stay healthy for the playoffs and I’m sure he’ll play hard then but watching him just go through the motions for so many regular season games is annoying as ****.
While true, we can’t keep asking him to try to bail out guys when they got beat off cuts to basket all night

we can’t have him play drop defense on PnR and then ask him to cover rim running bigs/lob threats. It happened vs Utah, Houston, ATL, Dallas. That is more on coaching imo

I agree BB had a terrible defense plan tonight and should have just put Ben on Trae in the 2nd half when the other **** wasn’t working. Also shouldn’t have played Neto in the 2nd half, he was awful tonight.

However stuff like this inexcusable and has been happening way too much this season with him. You can’t do all this I want to be MVP and DPOY talk and come out like tonight so often.

You guys know I’ve been on that same energy towards Embiid for a while now. It’s to the point where I literally don’t even know if he’s actually conserving himself like he states or if his knees are basically shot and he can only have good performances every now and then or if he doesn’t like us basically getting rid of every friend he’s had on the team over the last few years. Maybe it’s a combination of all three of them, I have no idea. All I know I ******* hate watching him play basketball this season. He looks like he’s just moping around and literally not giving a single **** unless it’s one of only a few different opponents that he feels it’s necessary to exert even a little effort against. It effects the entire team’s energy every single time he acts like that. I can tell within the first minute what version of Embiid we’re getting each game.

At least Horford you know every single night you’re getting his top effort and he’s gonna be focused all game. Plus he makes quick decisions unlike Embiid nowadays who looks like he’s moving in slow motion 80% of the time.

Another thing I haven’t been able to stand about Embiid for a while dating back to the last season or two...the DHO offense where one of our guys comes around to get the ball from him and he doesn’t hand off to a basically wide open player then either tries to take it to the basket himself or tries passing it to somebody else who’s not nearly as open orrr he finds himself in no man’s land not having anyone to pass to while wasting away most of the shot clock because of this. Almost every one of those options ends up in a turnover or a terrible shot most of the time. He used to piss me off so much when JJ would be the guy coming off the screen during this DHO offense and he wouldn’t just give him the damn ball for wide open shots. Idk how JJ didn’t just lose his **** on Embiid for it.

Last edited:
coaching has been **** since as well. It’s like Brett forgets how to use guys if they don’t play

he keeps wanting this team to shoot so much especially when he want the size advantage. The man sucks and Josh Harris (eww) needs to just fire him

Brett definitely needs to grow some balls and switch up the lineups. Ben-Al-Jo shouldn’t be on the floor together again for the rest of the season.

I want him gone ASAP. He isn’t gonna make the change. Isn’t calling plays like he said he was gonna do. Simmons still hasn’t shot a 3 since he got called out for it.

These dudes don’t care for him. Al needs some rest but we keep playing him 30+ mins. We still have Embiid setting screens at the 3 pt line asking him to be a roll man like he’s in shape. Still shooting too many 3s.It’s like he doesn’t know the strengths of his players and keeps tryna fit a round peg in a square hole

say what you want about how Brand built the team but a competent coach would adjust and not keep trying to feel like the smartest in the room

I want this man gone

You guys know I’ve been on that same energy towards Embiid for a while now. It’s to the point where I literally don’t even know if he’s actually conserving himself like he states or if his knees are basically shot and he can only have good performances every now and then or if he doesn’t like us basically getting rid of every friend he’s had on the team over the last few years. Maybe it’s a combination of all three of them, I have no idea. All I know I ****ing hate watching him play basketball this season. He looks like he’s just moping around and literally not giving a single **** unless it’s one of only a few different opponents that he feels it’s necessary to exert even a little effort against. It effects the entire team’s energy every single time he acts like that. I can tell within the first minute what version of Embiid we’re getting each game.

At least Horford you know every single night you’re getting his top effort and he’s gonna be focused all game. Plus he makes quick decisions unlike Embiid nowadays who looks like he’s moving in slow motion 80% of the time.

Another thing I haven’t been able to stand about Embiid for a while dating back to the last season or two...the DHO offense where one of our guys comes around to get the ball from him and he doesn’t hand off to a basically wide open player then either tries to take it to the basket himself or tries passing it to somebody else who’s not nearly as open orrr he finds himself in no man’s land not having anyone to pass to while wasting away most of the shot clock because of this. Almost every one of those options ends up in a turnover or a terrible shot most of the time. He used to piss me off so much when JJ would be the guy coming off the screen during this DHO offense and he wouldn’t just give him the damn ball for wide open shots. Idk how JJ didn’t just lose his **** on Embiid for it.

I wonder how much video Embiid watches of himself, these are very correctible things and he doesn't strike me as a low IQ player.

Funny enough, Siakim has the same issues with making decisions. I wonder if it's due to the fact that they're still learning the game. It's all correctable.

I want him gone ASAP. He isn’t gonna make the change. Isn’t calling plays like he said he was gonna do. Simmons still hasn’t shot a 3 since he got called out for it.

These dudes don’t care for him. Al needs some rest but we keep playing him 30+ mins. We still have Embiid setting screens at the 3 pt line asking him to be a roll man like he’s in shape. Still shooting too many 3s.It’s like he doesn’t know the strengths of his players and keeps tryna fit a round peg in a square hole

say what you want about how Brand built the team but a competent coach would adjust and not keep trying to feel like the smartest in the room

I want this man gone

Unfortunately, it's not happening until Summertime...I've just accepted the fact and unless this team can convince me otherwise, I am treating this year as a write off.

I'm so glad Ben has figured it out the last 10 games. That was on of the three major flaws on thigs team. Ben, Brand and Brown.

Since December 21st, Ben is averaging 20.1/9.3/8.4 on 60.6 FG%, with 2.3 steals and 0.6 blocks a game.

been the best player on the court easily

im glad he finally showing the world his true potential.. was always funny to me his trade rumors people who was screaming the bs was same ones screaming bout jump shots

Since December 21st, Ben is averaging 20.1/9.3/8.4 on 60.6 FG%, with 2.3 steals and 0.6 blocks a game.

been the best player on the court easily

im glad he finally showing the world his true potential.. was always funny to me his trade rumors people who was screaming the bs was same ones screaming bout jump shots
The longest stretch of aggressive Ben ever. He still needs a ball handler next to him to get to the next level

The longest stretch of aggressive Ben ever. He still needs a ball handler next to him to get to the next level

i prefer more shooters over a ball handler IMO, need shooters next to him.. we already seen the potential it can have 2 years ago

In the past 10 games the sixers are shooting a league worst 24.6% from 3 with at least 4+ ft of space from the nearest defender LOL

he already unlocked himself in the half court sets with the recent attacking and getting to the Foul Line, he figured that out i truly believe with using his size.. he knows he can be very dominate in that area and its slowly showing

it be nice to have someone who can ball handle of course off a screen etc but i think its fine now just add shooters which should be out main focus

im not saying you wrong though i wouldnt mind a ball handler but i just prefer shooters at this moment

i prefer more shooters over a ball handler IMO, need shooters next to him.. we already seen the potential it can have 2 years ago

In the past 10 games the sixers are shooting a league worst 24.6% from 3 with at least 4+ ft of space from the nearest defender LOL

he already unlocked himself in the half court sets with the recent attacking and getting to the Foul Line, he figured that out i truly believe with using his size.. he knows he can be very dominate in that area and its slowly showing

it be nice to have someone who can ball handle of course off a screen etc but i think its fine now just add shooters which should be out main focus

im not saying you wrong though i wouldnt mind a ball handler but i just prefer shooters at this moment

the real question is can Ben 2.0 and Joel coexist and win a title together? I'm still skeptical but hopeful.

I also think the impact of Josh being out is overlooked. He is our secondary ball handler.

the real question is can Ben 2.0 and Joel coexist and win a title together? I'm still skeptical but hopeful.

I also think the impact of Josh being out is overlooked. He is our secondary ball handler.
True. Even though I’m liking what Shake is bringing

big fax with J-Rich

i like when we used him as the primary ball handler at time in half court sets, he should be getting ready to come back soon i think

i love ben and joel and really hope they can figure it out and bring us what we all want here in philly, just need to see the same motivation from both of them at all times

cant be half assing it like they been on the road, something needs to really change with this

its a great question though and a tough one to answer because the looks of it now is does Joel really care ? or is he "saving" himself for playoffs ?

Shake has been tremendous for us with his small time giving, still learning the ins and outs but filling in WAAAAAAAY better then i expected so far

Bogdan would average 16+ PPG playing with this team. The way he can handle and shoot is what we’re missing. Need to find a way to get him.

Big al they have no desire to move, thybulle they also not touching

Scott, Smith and 2nd rounders in the 30s are on the table from what i seen

As frustrating as Al is when on the court when Ben and Jo he will be needed to keep Jo rested plus feast with Ben in the small lineup

I’m at the point where we just need to make some moves, period. Several of them. This **** ain’t working and losing damn near every road game we play shows this team’s lack of focus.

Criminal malpractice

It’s ridiculous. He thinks no matter who is in at center or power forward that they HAVE to jack up threes. Did this with Dario previously, even has KOQ jacking up a crazy amount of threes anytime he gets in instead of playing bully ball down low like he always has.

It’s ridiculous. He thinks no matter who is in at center or power forward that they HAVE to jack up threes. Did this with Dario previously, even has KOQ jacking up a crazy amount of threes anytime he gets in instead of playing bully ball down low like he always has.
Yep and this is why I’m on Team Jo being frustrated with Brett. No one was being used correctly and it’s taken injuries to find our best lineup placements and yet when guys return it goes back to the **** that isn’t working

Back
Top Bottom