2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
they shoulda fired doc long time ago. thats the problem

I wouldn't say fire him. I would say to limit his role as a Coach. making him GM was a bad idea.

They should also fire the Clippers branding team, they should get part of the blame for what they have done. lol

Takeaways from today's game...

Morris injury hurt. He will play game 2.

IT had his best shooting performance of the playoffs so far. I don't expect him to be as hot throughout the series. He'll continue to score but not as efficient.

Boston set a franchise record for 3s made. I don't expect that again.

Wall didn't get to the line once today. Another thing I don't expect going forward.

Long series ahead but nothing happened today that can't be fixed on Washingtons end. We're fine. Boston was shooting lights out today. Gotta give them credit for knocking down shots, take the L and move ahead to game 2.

Didn't IT2 a average like 28 and 8 against Washington in the 4 games during the regular season though?

Now that the Clips are out, I'll put my
1f4b0.png
on the @OrlandoMagic having a serious talk with Doc Rivers soon. I'll be surprised if they don't.
I don't understand this at all. Given the perception of Doc with LAC, why would Orlando want anything to do with him?

Que the NT "This is why bad teams stay bad"

Doc has been one of the most overrated coaches for some time. There's a reason there's a million variations of the same gif of him online. Nothing is ever his or his players fault. He doesn't hold anybody accountable and he gets the same result every time.

That Boston team he won the championship with were vets with a few peak years left who knew what it would take to win. Knew excuses wouldn't get them a ring. Held each other accountable. Offensively they did not need Doc. And defensively they had Thibs. That team was gonna win with any head coach.

George Karl woulda won a championship with Rondo Ray Pierce and KG too.

Great comparison actually.

Last edited:
Would like to see George Hill go back to San Antonio
I'd love this too, especially since Mills will get offered $$$.

TP has 1 more year and i'm sure as hell they'll resign him like they did with Manu.  Murray isn't ready to start.

Question is, can you bench TP? 

You guys gotta remember, Doc Rivers was a long time loser with the Atlanta Hawks playing alongside Dominique Wilkins and Kevin Willis and the Knicks with Ewing during his playing days. Didn't win squat as the starting PG for the Clippers either, and only lasted a year.

Last edited:

Why pay CP3 max money when you can sign another serviceable point guard for half the price and would make the same impact on a team already loaded with Leonard and Aldridge?

CP3, Leonard, and Aldridge does NOT guarantee you a title because CP3 won't be a fit with the Spurs, especially when TP is still there.
Yup.

TP isn't going to be benched next year, especially for CP3.  We'll need a young back-up point guard that will share minutes with both TP and Murray.

You guys gotta remember, Doc Rivers was a long time loser with the Atlanta Hawks playing alongside Dominique Wilkins and Kevin Willis and the Knicks with Ewing during his playing days. Didn't win squat as the starting PG for the Clippers either, and only lasted a year.
What made Rivers a LOSER?

That he didn't win a ring?

So that means someone is a LOSER?

We have to stop with this black (title) vs. white (loser) narrative man

CP3 has never not continued to be an amazing player since 08-11. He just fits my philosophy that when a PG is your best player you wont win a championship. Curry was the first exception since Isiah Thomas and he did **** we've never seen before.

CP3 has never not continued to be an amazing player since 08-11. He just fits my philosophy that when a PG is your best player you wont win a championship. Curry was the first exception since Isiah Thomas and he did **** we've never seen before.
Thanks for making sense man. Not even sure why people can't get this.

What made Rivers a LOSER?

That he didn't win a ring?

So that means someone is a LOSER?

We have to stop with this black (title) vs. white (loser) narrative man
Rivers ain't elite. Never was as a player, never was as a coach.

I'm not even talking about him being a loser with regards to winning a title as a player. He's a "loser" because as a player, he never made a significant impact and was never the type of leader as a point guard that would strike fear to opponents in the postseason. In other words, dude was mediocre, which btw fits with the Clippers organization.

This ain't about a narrative. It's all about results and for the last 4-5 years, the only results that have come out of Clipperdom is one underachieving postseason after another.

Last edited:
Doc has been one of the most overrated coaches for some time. There's a reason there's a million variations of the same gif of him online. Nothing is ever his or his players fault. He doesn't hold anybody accountable and he gets the same result every time.

That Boston team he won the championship with were vets with a few peak years left who knew what it would take to win. Knew excuses wouldn't get them a ring. Held each other accountable. Offensively they did not need Doc. And defensively they had Thibs. That team was gonna win with any head coach.

We'll just file this under "Things I have Been Saying For A Decade". Doc isn't a good coach. He's a nice guy who manages stars faiurly well. However, he didn't do squat in trash Eastern Conferences until he got the Big 3, and was going to be fired until they picked up said Big 3.

I'm not even talking about him being a loser with regards to winning a title as a player. He's a "loser" because as a player, he never made a significant impact and was never the type of leader as a point guard that would strike fear to opponents in the postseason. In other words, dude was mediocre, which btw fits with the Clippers organization.

This ain't about a narrative. It's all about results and for the last 4-5 years, the only results that have come out of Clipperdom is one underachieving postseason after another.
*Sigh*

*Sigh*
No comment exactly.

In sports, EVERY TEAM HAS ONE ULTIMATE GOAL- The Ring. If you don't win it, you're a loser.

The exact same "narrative" goes in individual sports. 

But I get it, those who don't have high standards are the type of people/organizations who are content with moral victories and getting to the second round. 

No comment exactly.

In sports, EVERY TEAM HAS ONE ULTIMATE GOAL- The Ring. If you don't win it, you're a loser.

The exact same "narrative" goes in individual sports. 

But I get it, those who don't have high standards are the type of people/organizations who are content with moral victories and getting to the second round. 
I will reply in the AM.

I sighed to. Bookmark tbithis s post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom