2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real talk, why do people in here devalue others opinion if they don't hoop? Some of the best or most accomplished hoopers I know have some of the worst basketball opinions ever lol.

Honestly it depends on the situation..for example the Zaza close out. There are people in here who don't think it was a dirty play. You can learn almost everything you want to know about basketball from watching and if you really study the game. But certain parts of the game you have to have played to understand.

I think when people are debating about this play, they're arguing about different things. The play was def dirty but the intent was def hard to tell from just looking at that play. Im guessing people who say it isnt a dirty play meant that they don't think zaza had dirty intentions. I could be wrong tho.

I do agree with what you said that it can help but I still don't agree that one should belittle one's opinion if the other don't hoop.

Real talk, why do people in here devalue others opinion if they don't hoop? Some of the best or most accomplished hoopers I know have some of the worst basketball opinions ever lol.

I hoop if it matters.
dont tell me about how great you are at cooking and how much you know about it because you researched it and saw countless of hours of other people cooking meals, yet youve never cooked a meal yourself. 

But they're aren't arguing that they're good at basketball. They're just arguing about their analysis of basketball.

But they're aren't arguing that they're good at basketball. They're just arguing about their analysis of basketball.
Bingo. Analogy would have worked if everyone was saying how great they are at basketball, or NBA basketball without playing it.

Being able to depict, and analyze basketball isn't the same as claiming that you're great at basketball without even playing it.

I don't need to be able to cook to tell you whether or not I think a particular dish is good or not.

Bingo. Analogy would have worked if everyone was saying how great they are at basketball, or NBA basketball without playing it.

Being able to depict, and analyze basketball isn't the same as claiming that you're great at basketball without even playing it.

I don't need to be able to cook to tell you whether or not I think a particular dish is good or not.
touche' , 

either way id  rather l hear more from people who are good at it , rather then people who just analyze it . i dont really care for either though.  i do like to talk ball obviously but with people i know or online. dont care to hear anyones podcast or pregame post game analysis. dont care. 

Last edited:
Every time I see Jan Veseley in the euroleague I wonder why he isn't a perfect rim rolling rim protecting 5 in the NBA.

I think he would be a solid player in the NBA now with the small ball lineups that most teams use. Back then they were trying to make him into a big *** wing player and the Wizards were a mess at the time

I watched Jan Veseley up close and personal  for a 2 and half years. He didn't log a single minute on the wing w/ Washington or Denver. He played exclusively at the 4/5 spots...and he was awful .

A more fitting analogy would be giving a woman tips on dealing with the pain of childbirth when you have never given birth to a child.

KD will get all the blame for GS losing the finals for the simple fact that he came to the team and didn't add any value and couldn't rise to the occasion even when playing with a starting unit of NBA champions. Add to the fact that it's been half a decade since KD's last finals appearance and he lost that one to a Lebron led team as well, then the narrative for KD becomes one where the league has left him behind. Russell was left nothing but scraps and forged together a stamp in history that won't be broken again in this life time along with controlling the reigns to the Thunder franchise for as long as he wants. Harden, though recently perpetuating his unsatisfactory label as not being clutch is easily in the driver seat of Houston's franchise for the foreseeable future. Lebron still reigns king of the NBA landscape and remains the player you have to chase to implement a legacy in the NBA that doesn't just become a stepping stool into describing Lebron's greatness in NBA history and then of course Steph Curry who basically comes into the league and takes KD's identity. From the leagues premiere 3-point shooter to the children loving his game. KD left from being the (reluctant) alpha on his team of OKC to playing second banana behind Steph. The move to GS tainted his legacy beyond measure and that assuming he gets a ring, the discussion similar to Lebron will be how he got it. But if KD does not win 'ship this season I personally don't think KD or his basketball legacy will ever get the respect it deserves

A more fitting analogy would be giving a woman tips on dealing with the pain of childbirth when you have never given birth to a child.

KD will get all the blame for GS losing the finals for the simple fact that he came to the team and didn't add any value and couldn't rise to the occasion even when playing with a starting unit of NBA champions. Add to the fact that it's been half a decade since KD's last finals appearance and he lost that one to a Lebron led team as well, then the narrative for KD becomes one where the league has left him behind. Russell was left nothing but scraps and forged together a stamp in history that won't be broken again in this life time along with controlling the reigns to the Thunder franchise for as long as he wants. Harden, though recently perpetuating his unsatisfactory label as not being clutch is easily in the driver seat of Houston's franchise for the foreseeable future. Lebron still reigns king of the NBA landscape and remains the player you have to chase to implement a legacy in the NBA that doesn't just become a stepping stool into describing Lebron's greatness in NBA history and then of course Steph Curry who basically comes into the league and takes KD's identity. From the leagues premiere 3-point shooter to the children loving his game. KD left from being the (reluctant) alpha on his team of OKC to playing second banana behind Steph. The move to GS tainted his legacy beyond measure and that assuming he gets a ring, the discussion similar to Lebron will be how he got it. But if KD does not win 'ship this season I personally don't think KD or his basketball legacy will ever get the respect it deserves
You have an elaborate imagination 

whoever read this give me a summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom