2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really shocked at all the people who picked Cleveland. They have no chance from where I'm standing
Not seeing it either.

Bron could very well be the best player in the series, but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players on the court will all probably be Warriors.

The same people saying Cavs ain't got a chance are the ones saying MJ is better than LeBron. :lol:

Get out that Jordansexual state of mind.

Kang and Kyrie > Step, Dray, KD, Feelings hurt light skinned.

Last edited:
Not seeing it either.

Bron could very well be the best player in the series, but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players on the court will all probably be Warriors.

Kyrie needs to step up big time. Hes been sloppy going back to regular season.

Kyrie needs to step up big time. Hes been sloppy going back to regular season.

I think Kyrie will be fine.

Love needs to keep doing whatever it is he's doing! :pimp:

I hope Cavs don't need to rely on Shumpert. He always looks so spaced out when he's on the court, but still good for a couple of 3s. And they'll need plenty 3s to match the chuckers.

The same people saying Cavs ain't got a chance are the ones saying MJ is better than LeBron. :lol:

false

i pick cavs in 6

and michael jordan is still better

deal with it

A more fitting analogy would be giving a woman tips on dealing with the pain of childbirth when you have never given birth to a child.

KD will get all the blame for GS losing the finals for the simple fact that he came to the team and didn't add any value and couldn't rise to the occasion even when playing with a starting unit of NBA champions. Add to the fact that it's been half a decade since KD's last finals appearance and he lost that one to a Lebron led team as well, then the narrative for KD becomes one where the league has left him behind. Russell was left nothing but scraps and forged together a stamp in history that won't be broken again in this life time along with controlling the reigns to the Thunder franchise for as long as he wants. Harden, though recently perpetuating his unsatisfactory label as not being clutch is easily in the driver seat of Houston's franchise for the foreseeable future. Lebron still reigns king of the NBA landscape and remains the player you have to chase to implement a legacy in the NBA that doesn't just become a stepping stool into describing Lebron's greatness in NBA history and then of course Steph Curry who basically comes into the league and takes KD's identity. From the leagues premiere 3-point shooter to the children loving his game. KD left from being the (reluctant) alpha on his team of OKC to playing second banana behind Steph. The move to GS tainted his legacy beyond measure and that assuming he gets a ring, the discussion similar to Lebron will be how he got it. But if KD does not win 'ship this season I personally don't think KD or his basketball legacy will ever get the respect it deserves
whoever read this give me a summary
if kd doesn't win a championship with the warriors
his legacy will be messed up
and will never be considered a leader

false

i pick cavs in 6

and michael jordan is still better

deal with it
why cant they both be good
they played in different era's
its hard to put players from different era's against each other imo

What does Bron have to do to prove he's the goat? 6 chips? 7? three peat?

That 2011 Finals will always haunt him...

So many parallels between the Cavs-Warrios and the Lakers-Celtics rivalries. Will history repeat itself?

In '84, the Celtics with regular season MVP Larry Bird, defeated the Lakers in the Finals in 7 games after having the NBA's best record. The Lakers were without their 3rd leading scorer (Jamaal Wilkes) due to injury and was out for the entire series.

In '15, the Warriors with regular season MVP Stephen Curry, defeated the Cavs in the Finals in 6 games after having the NBA's best record. The Cavs were without their second and third leading scorers (Irving, Love) due to injury and were out for the entire series.

In '85, the Lakers defeated the Celtics in the Finals in 6 games. Larry Bird was the regular season MVP. The Celtics had the NBA's best record.

In '16, the Cavs defeated the Warriors in the Finals in 7 games. Stephen Curry was the regular season MVP. The Warriors had the NBA's best record.

In '87, the Lakers defeated the Celtics in the Finals in 6 games. The Celtics' bench, an asset of previous years' teams, was decimated by injuries to Bill Walton and Scott Wedman, forcing K.C. Jones to play his starters heavy extended minutes. By the time the Finals began, the Lakers were the far deeper team. New mid-season acquisition Mychal Thompson (Klay's dad) played a pivotal role as he helped alleviate 40-year old Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

In '17, the Warriors' depth, an asset of previous years' teams, now consists of a bench unit that lacks meaningful playoff experience with the likes of Clark, McCaw, and McGee. Not to mention the uncertainty of Coach Kerr's health. In addition, Igoudala hasn't been 100% of late, which leaves the aging David West and Livingston as arguably the only two healthy bench players who can be anything close to making any sort of real impact for GSW. Meanwhile, CLE's mid-season acquisitions of sharpshooter Kyle Korver and veteran PG Deron Williams were made specifically for the Finals matchup with GSW and the Cavs look as healthy as ever.

Cavs in 6, clinching it at home.

Nothing LeBron does will get him into the GOAT spot. And it's not even his fault.

Mike just established a legacy that isn't easy to compete against and a lot of people won't let fall.

It is what it is.

why cant they both be good
they played in different era's
its hard to put players from different era's against each other imo

they arent both good. they are both GREAT

but its all a matter of opinion. opinions cannot be wrong

i said false because he said everyone who thinks jordan is better think the cavs have no chance. that is not true

Really shocked at all the people who picked Cleveland. They have no chance from where I'm standing
Not seeing it either.

And the fifth with how Kyrie is playing.

I don't even care for Jordan like that, try again.

Not seeing it either.

True.

No telling which ancillary piece can get hot with Cleveland though. Overall, the probability to rely on the greatness in multiple corners with GSW prevails, but I'll just stand pat on being excited to see how it pans out. True greatness can't be overruled, which is what I'm hoping and expecting to see from LeBron.

Last edited:
DAXx6zTXsAI3v9u.jpg

Nothing LeBron does will get him into the GOAT spot. And it's not even his fault.

Mike just established a legacy that isn't easy to compete against and a lot of people won't let fall.

It is what it is.

That 100% record in the Finals :pimp:

It is what it is.

Realistically, I agree.

However, if Lebron wins at least the next 5 chips while sweeping every team and avg a triple double or something crazy, then he can challenge for that number 1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom