2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess im the only one that enjoys watching blowouts (unless its my team getting blownout)
nah I'm sure there are other people like you.... Just the minority. a huge amount people leave games during blowouts. I'm sure many turn off the TV as well.
14 was a gentlemen sweep. And the most lopsided finals in NBA history by the points if I recall. Yall just basketball junkies. Nothing wrong with that. I love ball but I'm more of a connoisseur. I want to watch good competitive ball. Not just anything

Last edited:
The most recent Spurs vs. Heat Finals was the best one in recent memory. Outside the Lakers and Celtics ones.

if you think back to last year's finals, it took an extremely high level of play from bron and kyrie and catastrophic collapse by the warriors for cavs to win it all. i expect bron and kyrie will continue that play this year, but KD being one of the greatest scorers in history is probably the best insurance policy to avoid a cold streak like the bucket-less 5 minutes the warriors had in game 7.

with all due respect...

2 takes that are really burned out are:

cavs fans saying: "if kyrie and love werent hurt, we would have won in 2015 too."

and warriors fans saying: "it took other worldly play by kyrie and lebron, along with a catastrophic collapse by the dubs for us to lose in 2016."

both are like a passive/aggressive way of saying we lost but we really didnt lose. in the end, both teams are 1-1 with a ring a piece.

time to let these narratives go.

Jalen must not know these are not the Spurs of three or four years ago. They don't move the ball like they used to.

The problem is...today's younger generation wasn't even alive when Magic was busy putting up 42, 15, and 7 en route to winning Finals MVP as a ROOKIE let alone old enough to tie their shoes when Magic literally carried the Lakers on his back the entire decade of the 80s while there were literally three other "mini-dynasties" that decade - the early 80s Sixers (3 Finals appearances), Celtics (5 Finals appearances), and late 80s' Pistons who also had multiple appearances in the Finals. 

Obviously, if you weren't around to witness an era live as it happened, you won't have the same appreciation and wisdom.

This is the best Magic Johnson highlight video of ALL TIME that encompasses his entire career, primarily during his prime days.

Magic was definitely a special player. definitely the greatest laker and a top 3 to 5 player of all time.

Who you got Lebron or Magic?
I saw each guy in their rookie season and I'd have to go with Lebron. Magic let the game come to him and did everything necessary to Win. I think Magic was the ultimate Most Valuable Player of a team I've ever seen, but Lebron is bigger, stronger and more athletic.  

When both teams were healthy in the finals, the warriors lead the series 3-1.

So if the cavs lose this season will we say it's cause they didn't have Andrew Bogut?

Andrew bogut was cut so nope.

When both teams were healthy in the finals, the warriors lead the series 3-1.
we know how that ended

Yeah with warriors players getting suspended, hurt, or injured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom