2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Cavs vs Warriors being the finals matchup for the next three years.

Officially, Celtics say @Isaiah_Thomas has a re-aggravation of a right femoral-acetabular impingement w/labral tear. First hurt March 15th.

So this is a fake injury like Embiid's fake meniscus tear that needed surgery? Come on now. :lol:

But anyway, his season was appreciated. Was a treat to watch. Damn shame it had to end like this.

It's not a "hold" on the league. The Cavs and Warriors are stacked and the rest of the stars playing for other teams have a supporting cast that's just as bad as the Clippers. In other words, it's GSW and CLE versus 28 L.A. Clipper teams.

That had nothing to do with the clippers?

Let me live goddamn :lol:

Barring injuries, I cant see why it wont happen. No team in the East at least comes close to even contending.

Barring injuries, I cant see why it wont happen. No team in the East at least comes close to even contending.

I still wouldn't count out Boston with a #1 now, plus it's still the free agency era. You never know who will decided to go where and with whom.

Last edited:
definitely agree with the entirety of this. then again, i assume that it's easy for me to feel this way as a warriors' fan.

as a fan of basketball, even during those dominant lakers' runs i didn't find it boring based on the fact that watching kobe was nothing short of amazing. idc if the games are blowouts, im equally in awe watching steph, kd, and bron take over games.

I think the fans who arent too busy hating everything feel this way. If you're just a fan of basketball and/or good basketball this is way too cool. You just have more more at stake.

Question though, I hear a lot of extreme hot takes about what's going to happen from people who hate/love LeBron, or KD for that matter. But cant recall what people who are actually fans of the warriors think. I think Cavs fans know how to feel going into this. You seem pretty rational. Given that you have more at stake emotionally being a Warriors fan what are you expecting and how worried are you of what LeBron is doing right now?

It's not a "hold" on the league. The Cavs and Warriors are stacked and the rest of the stars playing for other teams have a supporting cast that's just as bad as the Clippers. In other words, it's GSW and CLE versus 28 L.A. Clipper teams.
That had nothing to do with the clippers?

Let me live goddamn
laugh.gif
you know I like messin with you man 
roll.gif

I still wouldn't count out Boston with a #1 now, plus it's still the free agency era. You never know who will decided to go where and with whom.

Even with Fultz and if Boston lands PG13, Hayward, or Butler I still dont see them beating the Cavs. They're still one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in the league.

Until Bron retires
brown will slow down in 3 years. Cavs prob have a 3 year window after this season.

Again, I dont think anyone has a clue what LeBrons future holds or how his game will age. There's never been anything like a LeBron to compare. His decline could be at 40 years old for all we know. It also wasnt long ago people said his game wouldnt age like Kobe or Jordan because he couldnt shoot or lack of mid range. His shot is still getting better and is definitely good enough now.

Last edited:

Even with Fultz and if Boston lands PG13, Hayward, or Butler I still dont see them beating the Cavs. They're still one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in the league.

Well, yeah, but it's not that easy. **** happens and a lot of it we don't know right now. I'm just saying it's hard to project how drastically a team can change in one season, let alone 2 or 3.

Well, yeah, but it's not that easy. **** happens and a lot of it we don't know right now. I'm just saying it's hard to project how drastically a team can change in one season, let alone 2 or 3.
exactly. No one can predict what the league will be like in 3 years.
3 years ago no one saw the warriors coming.

definitely agree with the entirety of this. then again, i assume that it's easy for me to feel this way as a warriors' fan.

as a fan of basketball, even during those dominant lakers' runs i didn't find it boring based on the fact that watching kobe was nothing short of amazing. idc if the games are blowouts, im equally in awe watching steph, kd, and bron take over games.

I think the fans who arent too busy hating everything feel this way. If you're just a fan of basketball and/or good basketball this is way too cool. You just have more more at stake.

Parity is one thing, competition is another. You can be a basketball fan and not be happy with the level of competition and still understand that parity could be overrated. Good basketball is assumed in the playoffs, so that's why people really watch beyond the first round, but regardless how great I feel the NBA was the past few seasons, this postseason is horrid and it reverts to about 5 years ago when I felt the game left way more to be desired. Off year, sure, that happens. This postseason sucks. Cavs/Warriors trilogy will be phenomenal though. Not sure that changes the overall picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom