2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
DATF9dNWsAE8OSS.jpg

images

I'll never understand this mindset of blaming good teams for bad basketball.

cats out here griping and complaining about the lack of parity as if the 90s bulls and 2000s lakers never existed. basketball has always been a sport that perennially has two to three serious contenders.

cats out here griping and complaining about the lack of parity as if the 90s bulls and 2000s lakers never existed. basketball has always been a sport that perennially has two to three serious contenders.

There was at least resistance in most cases for those squads leading up to the Finals sans the 2001 Lakers. These playoffs have been a complete joke.

There was at least resistance in most cases for those squads leading up to the Finals sans the 2001 Lakers. These playoffs have been a complete joke.

don't get me wrong, those Kings/LAL and Portland/LAL playoffs series were compelling as hell but that was the only "resistance" those lakers teams faced in the playoffs. Coming out the east, who'd they face? Nets, Sixers, and Pacers? Those Finals' series were all jokes, didn't they go like 12-3 or 12-4 in those three match-ups combined, including a sweep in one of them? I could be wrong. nevertheless, the eastern conference playoffs those years were absolutely unexciting. it was just watching for whomever would lose to the lakers.

While the warriors and cavs are cruising thru the playoffs, at least we know the finals will be entertaining

Kind of but kind of not.

First of all what the Cavs and Warriors are doing at the same time is a historic anomaly. And I find that really entertaining in the big picture. Those 2 teams make up almost half of the series played through the conference Finals.

Now a handful of series were close enough but the problem is none of the games were. Teams just kept flip flopping blow outs. They could have picked up the slack more.

Im not gonna say the playoffs have been great or anything because there for sure have been too many blowouts but these 2 reasons combined make it seem worse than it actually is. I think...

I guess im just not as upset as most because im too busy being in awe at this unprecedented narrative between the Cavs and Warriors building up to the Finals.

And he's officially had it lol. So much so that he's about to run away from the conference.

IT hip? not good. trade him. build around this pick. build around 2 high picks next year. Hip? NOT good.

I can see 6ers trading their pick for IT.

Last edited:
I'm not buying IT's injury just like im not buying that Kawhi isnt capable of playing tonight. Both are probably able to play but its actually smarter to just quit. There is literally nothing stopping the Cavs and Warriors.

Whole league in purgatory. Just worry about your health and paper.

Kind of but kind of not.

First of all what the Cavs and Warriors are doing at the same time is a historic anomaly. And I find that really entertaining in the big picture. Those 2 teams make up almost half of the series played through the conference Finals.

Now a handful of series were close enough but the problem is none of the games were. Teams just kept flip flopping blow outs. They could have picked up the slack more.

Im not gonna say the playoffs have been great or anything because there for sure have been too many blowouts but these 2 reasons combined make it seem worse than it actually is. I think...

I guess im just not as upset as most because im too busy being in awe at this unprecedented narrative between the Cavs and Warriors building up to the Finals.

definitely agree with the entirety of this. then again, i assume that it's easy for me to feel this way as a warriors' fan.

as a fan of basketball, even during those dominant lakers' runs i didn't find it boring based on the fact that watching kobe was nothing short of amazing. idc if the games are blowouts, im equally in awe watching steph, kd, and bron take over games.

Other than 01, the Lakers run in 2000 and 2002 were challenging for them, especially 2000.

This is crazy the hold that the cavs and warriors have on the league

definitely agree with the entirety of this. then again, i assume that it's easy for me to feel this way as a warriors' fan.

as a fan of basketball, even during those dominant lakers' runs i didn't find it boring based on the fact that watching kobe was nothing short of amazing. idc if the games are blowouts, im equally in awe watching steph, kd, and bron take over games.
I'm the opposite WAs glad we won those finals but they were all boring as hell, during the three peat. I like a challenge. Pacers was thr biggest challenge but I never really felt like we could lose to them even tho it was a 6 game series.

Western conference playoff series were way more entertaining then any of the finals. That blazers game 7 comeback was legit af.

Last edited:
Other than 01, the Lakers run in 2000 and 2002 were challenging for them, especially 2000.

This is crazy the hold that the cavs and warriors have on the league
It's not a "hold" on the league. The Cavs and Warriors are stacked and the rest of the stars playing for other teams have a supporting cast that's just as bad as the Clippers. In other words, it's GSW and CLE versus 28 L.A. Clipper teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom