2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's at 4 right now behind MJ, Kareem, and Magic and just ahead of Bean. He's solidly in the top 5 but a few more washings in the Finals could move him down to 5 or a few more wins could get him to 2.

lol aint that the truth

even had a guy on here living vicariously through lebrons **** on his long lay off
laugh.gif
Remind me of Kobe fans but they are/were worse tbh

but yah, both can be bad

Last edited:
Who you have above him again.

Jordan
Magic
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan

They've accomplished everything he has....plus more rings as well. These things count when discussing top players ever.

You could make a case for Kobe...but I think Bron surpassed him career wise.

Bron is in striking distance. And I firmly believe if he wins this year...he leapfrogs a lot of people. However, 2016 was his last championship [emoji]128527[/emoji].

It's KD turn now.....

Last edited:
To think Lebron is still at the peak of his prime is scary.

Already with 7 Finals appearances, about to go to his eight, 3 rings and counting, all of the individual accolades, and he still has a solid 5-7 years left of playing at an extremely high level because he is without doubt the most conditioned and durable basketball player in the world.

You just hope all of these Finals appearances and long seasons he's playing don't affect his legs as he plays through his 30s.

Last edited:
Remind me of Kobe fans but they are/were worse tbh

but yah, both can be bad

no they werent because kobe never had the full package like lebron you cant pick at lebron like you could kobe so their madness has no cure unless lebron loses like 3 straight finals

Already with 7 Finals appearances, about to go to his eight, 3 rings and counting, all of the individual accolades, and he still has a solid 5-7 years left of playing at an extremely high level because he is without doubt the most conditioned and durable basketball player in the world.

You just hope all of these Finals appearances and long seasons he's playing don't affect his legs as he plays through his 30s.

His build as he's gotten older is remarkable. He's definitely put in plenty of gym work.

And the fact that he coasts during the regular season and truly just turns it up in the playoffs should extend the stability of his legs going forward.

Dude never been hurt. Not once. His durability is unmatched across all athletes. Amazing.

Truly believe he was born in a lab. 15 year old Gloria was pregnant...and Akron university offered paid tests genetic engineering to pregnant moms. Bron was one of those babies.

Maybe some think that a lot of people on this site ain't seen Prime Kareem and Prime Magic and Prime Bird play, but a lot of people really have.

Remember, those who witnessed the primes of the aforementioned players are in their 40s and 50s. Not like these people dead yet.

But the younger generation can witness and marvel at Lebron since Lebron is their King. Doesn't mean he the All Time King of the NBA. Not yet at least.

Last edited:
That would suck :lol: :lol:

Prime Shaq was the true definition of dominance and hopelessness. Bron is scary....but this ***** Shaq was on another level.

To think....he could've been even better than he was if he conditioned himself and took basketball more seriously :x :lol:.

The man won 3 straight finals mvps.....we gotta respect the big fellas game.

Jordan? Not even debatable.

Magic? What he did in just a 11-12 year career will always be unmatched. 9 Finals appearances, 5 Rings, MVPs, Finals MVPs, assist records triple double records (at that time).... ect.

Those 2 will ALWAYS be 1 and 2 in my book.

Like I said, LeBron is already Top 3 for me, even if he did win a couple more rings, BUT if he loses couple more Finals... he could drop from Top 3 to Top 5.

Last edited:

Magic? What he did in just a 11-12 year career will always be unmatched. 9 Finals appearances, 5 Rings, MVPs, Finals MVPs, assist records triple double records (at that time).... ect.

Like I said, LeBron is already Top 3 for me, even if he did win a couple more rings, BUT if he loses couple more Finals... he could drop from Top 3 to Top 5.
The only way imo Lebron can surpass Magic or Jordan is if he literally, in these next 5-7 years, appears in the Finals every year and wins another 3-4 rings. It's not impossible, with the way the NBA landscape is today. 

When it's all said and done, he could conceivably end up with 12-13 Finals appearances, 6-8 rings, and God knows how many Finals MVPs and regular season MVPs.

He would be the modern day Bill Russell, and doing it in an era much better than Russell's.

If such a thing happens, we will say Lebron came into the league at exactly the right time for him to dominate.

Last edited:

The only way imo Lebron can surpass Magic or Jordan is if he literally, in these next 5-7 years, appears in the Finals every year and wins another 3-4 rings. It's not impossible, with the way the NBA landscape is today. 

When it's all said and done, he could conceivably end up with 12-13 Finals appearances, 6-8 rings, and God knows how many Finals MVPs and regular season MVPs.

He would be the modern day Bill Russell, and doing it in an era much better than Russell's.

If such a thing happens, we will say Lebron came into the league at exactly the right time for him to dominate.

Can't argue with that at all. All big what-ifs though!

He could also make the next 3-4 Finals and lose them all. And he'd be like 3-12 in the Finals. Not a good look!

Last edited:
If Lebron goes something like 1-4 in his next few Finals appearances, then it certainly wouldn't bode well for his all-time legacy in comparison to Magic, Kareem, and Jordan.

But he will still be considered at all-time great by virtue of his dominating an entire era.

The new Magic vs Bird rivalry imo is Lebron vs. KD. These two will battle each other in the Finals for the next half decade. Draymond or Klay or even Curry may eventually leave GSW, but KD will be in San Fran to stay.

Maybe some think that a lot of people on this site ain't seen Prime Kareem and Prime Magic and Prime Bird play, but a lot of people really have.

Remember, those who witnessed the primes of the aforementioned players are in their 40s and 50s. Not like these people dead yet.

But the younger generation can witness and marvel at Lebron since Lebron is their King. Doesn't mean he the All Time King of the NBA. Not yet at least.
I really doubt there are many 40 and 50 year Olds on nt/ posters in here ...

Last edited:

I really doubt there are many 40 and 50 year Olds on nt...
I meant a lot of people in the population in general who are die hard NBA fans. But I'm sure there are enough people on NT who have seen the primes of Magic/Jordan/Bird who can legitimately attest to their greatness in comparison to Lebron's.

I meant a lot of people in the population in general who are die hard NBA fans. But I'm sure there are enough people on NT who have seen the primes of Magic/Jordan/Bird who can legitimately attest to their greatness in comparison to Lebron's.
would love to hear opinions for 40 Plus and older. I'm mid 30 ish and only remember Jordan from his comeback, not wizard comeback.
I don't want to hear about you watching someone when you 8 either you don't really understand what you seeing.

Alway interested in hearing opinions from those who witnessed thr prime of greats. It irks me to hear 20 year Olds talk about how great magic was.

Last edited:

I really doubt there are many 40 and 50 year Olds on nt/ posters in here ...

Plenty of early 40 year olds on NT surprisingly.

Can IT be the only playmaker and first option on a championship team? Hell no
No championship team in the history of basketball had just one sole playmaker.

He's an elite playmaker. They need another one.

Last edited:
would love to hear opinions for 40 Plus and older. I'm 34 and only remember Jordan from his comeback, not wizard comeback.
I don't want to hear about you watching someone when you 8 either you don't really understand what you seeing.

I witnessed Bird and Magic's entire prime and Lebron is slowly inching closer to Magic's overall greatness. And yes, I was older than 8 during the mid 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom