2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I think Detroit can possibly be a top 4 seed in the East

Boston, Toronto, Indiana,and Cleveland are the only clear favorites. a top 4/ 5 seed seems realistic but it will be very competitive against NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta.

On paper, I imagine it being the following:

1.Boston
2.Cleveland (they will take nights off and Mo Will's retirement will hurt them KIDDING)
3.Toronto
4.Indiana
5.NYC
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8. Detroit

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Washington and Orlando will just miss it.

Charlotte >>> Chicago, Knicks

Boston, Toronto, Indiana,and Cleveland are the only clear favorites. a top 4/ 5 seed seems realistic but it will be very competitive against NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta.

On paper, I imagine it being the following:

1.Boston
2.Cleveland (they will take nights off and Mo Will's retirement will hurt them KIDDING)
3.Toronto
4.Indiana
5.NYC
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8. Detroit

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Washington and Orlando will just miss it.

I know it's realistic but also tough, that's why I used the word possible :lol:

Last edited:
I get spacing and chemistry will be an issue in Chicago...but Charlotte lost a lot of their core players this year. Lin, Lee, and Jefferson are all gone and replaced by Belineli, Sessions, and Hibbert, a downgrade for all three. The one x-factor that may prove you right will be MKG and his development/ health.

I am rooting for them, but it's hard to seem them doing better than last year.

I gotta admit though, Chicago and Indiana are the two biggest unknowns. I put Indiana at 4 because on paper they look strong, but chemistry is also in question.

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if Indiana is actually good. On paper, they look like a disaster to me. Outside of PG13. Poor shooting. No defenders. Not impressed at all.

I have Indy eighth in my predictions.

A group of useful parts, but as a group I am less enthused. But I feel better about their competence than other teams like the Bulls, Magic and Knicks.

I'll be at some Hornets games again this year but I'll be surprised if they even make the playoffs. Courtney Lee and Al Jefferson were the heart of that team along with Kemba and Marvin...I don't know if replacing those guys with Hibbert and Marco are good fits. Marco can shoot like Courtney but that's going to be a huge defensive downgrade. Courtney Lee's hustle helped that team SO much. We'll also have to see how Batum plays now that he got paid...he played like **** in the Olympics this summer.

I'd be shocked if Indiana is actually good. On paper, they look like a disaster to me. Outside of PG13. Poor shooting. No defenders. Not impressed at all.

I have Indy eighth in my predictions.

A group of useful parts, but as a group I am less enthused. But I feel better about their competence than other teams like the Bulls, Magic and Knicks.

I thought a good amount of people were high on Indy this season until I came across these comments :lol:

Every team in the East except Cavs and Raps have added a significant piece to their starting 5.....we just have to wait and see which team gels the quickest

Doubt ATL finishes better than Indy though

Hopefully,

That is what I want.

Going to be tough we will need a good start to build on something.

Charlotte will not make the playoffs. I think we are better than Indy, ATL and Chicago also. But only time will tell with this team.

here we go with this again.

what teams are we allowed to talk about in here? too much *** conversation been going on for weeks.

saying something about the bucks, bosh and the knicks earlier wasn't enough? for the bum *** that repped him, speak up as well :nerd: .

It's not that serious. It's just that no one cares about the grizz but you still talk about them ie ryan and the Hawks. You're not causing any harm it's just funny to see everyone ignore your grizzly posts :lol:

Hopefully,

That is what I want.

Going to be tough we will need a good start to build on something.

Charlotte will not make the playoffs. I think we are better than Indy, ATL and Chicago also. But only time will tell with this team.

better than indy? idk. better than chicago and atl no doubt. horford and dwight is a big loss for atlanta.

It's not that serious. It's just that no one cares about the grizz but you still talk about them ie ryan and the Hawks. You're not causing any harm it's just funny to see everyone ignore your grizzly posts :lol:

I just think its funny that pepole bring up the same thing in here a lot and provide no real discussion. Yet, that's what gets the majority of the play in here regardless if I'm talking about the Grizz or not. I guess that's why a lot of people don't post in here as much anymore because its basically like the ESPN of NT. The only players/teams that get talked about are the superstars and no one can really comment on teams outside of that. :lol:

Whatever happened to @JumpmanFromDaBay
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I wanted GSW to win last year.....but I gotta say, it was satisfying watching him eat crow
laugh.gif
Dude is an absolute cancer to every NT thread. 
roll.gif

The only players/teams that get talked about are the superstars and no one can really comment on teams outside of that. :lol:

Hmm I dunno if I agree with that. There's just a handful of teams no one cares about like Memphis and Phoenix. Despite that you've still managed to sideline the thread plenty of times with grizz talk :lol:. But most teams get their fair share of discussion. You can't really expect all teams to get equal play, some just straight up aren't that interesting.

Last edited:
Hmm I dunno if I agree with that. There's just a handful of teams no one cares about like Memphis and Phoenix. Despite that you've still managed to sideline the thread plenty of times with grizz talk :lol:. But most teams get their fair share of discussion. You can't really expect all teams to get equal play, some just straight up aren't that interesting.

I don't know about the sidelining talk -- people were talking about lineups that can guard Golden State and I mentioned a lineup that could potentially work.

Regarding the minutes -- it showed a breakdown of the league minutes by roster/starters and it wasn't only talking about Memphis.

I think people look at who's posting it and automatically assume I want to start a huge discussion on the Grizz. However, if it's someone else posting the same thing, its not taken that way :lol: . Someone in here posted about the Grizz MLK Day jerseys, but let me post something like that. :lol:

But, I'll agree to disagree. I just know this thread went down a lot and most of the good posters we did have don't even post in here. You've been on here long enough to know who can talk basketball and who cannot :lol: Me talking about the Grizz is no different than OKC fans talking about Westbrook or slandering KD all the time. Some teams not fortunate enough to have their own team thread like the Laker thread with millions of posts to strictly talk about their team. Its a NBA thread for a reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom