2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

A lot of decent free agents still available. Wonder if they get signed?
Josh Smith, JR Smith, Mario Chalmers, Tyler Hansbrough, JJ Hickson, Chris Kaman, Kevin Martin

Yes, I was struggling with #10. :lol:

Is it too early for Towns?

May be too early now but depending on this season he very well could leapfrog a few of those guys on the list. I hooe Minny and NO can put good teams on the floor in the future. A KAT/AD rivalry would be amazing.

Don't do this with KAT.

Y'all were calling Anthony Davis the #1 player in the world this time last year. In the world Craig!

***** gotta learn how to stop being prisoners of the moment. Good and bad. KAT will get there....but he's a few short years away right now.

I'll never really understand the John Wall consternation.

PG is the position where shooting, especially 3 point shooting has the biggest impact.

John Wall is not only a poor shooter, but he doesn't make up for it with incredible finishing. Infact, 6'0 foot tall, fat Kyle Lowry statistically has been a better finisher than John Wall for most of his career. Wall is a better defender but the gap between Wall and Lowry on offense is much larger than the gap between wall and Lowry on defense.

John Wall for all his talents has never PG'd a league average offense. In fact all the offense his ran have been mostly terrible, at some point he has to take some of the blame. No?

And Wall improved his 3pt shooting drastically. If his trajectory continues, he may eclipse Lowry's % this year.

Wall has never had great talent or coaching around him. To me, it's ******* insane that someone outside of Canada actually thinks that Wall isn't better than Lowry. We're just a season removed from the Wizards/Wall making KL look like the journeyman he was before he landed with the Raptors.

Says a lot that we're gassing up a guy who had a career year at 30, slighting Wall for averaging 19/10/5.

PER be damned, give me Wall 10x outta 10.

How is this even a discussion? :lol:

I was about to say....Wall been running a randy Whitman offense....with Marcin Gortat as his most consistent, 2nd best player :lol:

Y'all gotta give that man some credit

I was about to say....Wall been running a randy Whitman offense....with Marcin Gortat as his most consistent, 2nd best player :lol:

Dude got Trevor Ariza a fat contract, too :lol:

You wanna get paid? Sign with the Wizards and spot up in the corner.

Don't do this with KAT.

Y'all were calling Anthony Davis the #1 player in the world this time last year. In the world Craig!

***** gotta learn how to stop being prisoners of the moment. Good and bad. KAT will get there....but he's a few short years away right now.

Big difference between saying KAT can be top 10 after next season and saying AD was #1 :lol:.

AD was considered top 10 in his third season. I'm confident KAT will as well.

Last edited:
And Wall improved his 3pt shooting drastically. If his trajectory continues, he may eclipse Lowry's % this year.

Wall has never had great talent or coaching around him. To me, it's ******* insane that someone outside of Canada actually thinks that Wall isn't better than Lowry. We're just a season removed from the Wizards/Wall making KL look like the journeyman he was before he landed with the Raptors.

Says a lot that we're gassing up a guy who had a career year at 30, slighting Wall for averaging 19/10/5.

1. John Wall is not taking contest 3 pointers, or off the dribble 3's at the rate Lowry is. John Wall is still given open shots, teams still go under screenshe doesn't have the respect of NBA defenses yet. So 35% for John wall isn't all that impressive because it doesn't put the same kind of pressure on the defense, combine that with his love of mid range jumpers and his poor finishing you get a really inefficient guard.

2. It's a discussion because Lowry out performs wall in by most statistical measures. If you want to make the case that Wall is better that's fine, but you are acting like it's not even a conversation when they evidence isn't really on your side.

3. KL was hurt in the playoffs against washington, and that is a reasonable knock against Lowry and a reason to prefer Wall, Lowry can't make it through 82+playoffs healthy

4. I'm not slighting Wall, by saying I think Lowry is better, I think Lowry is really really good. and I think Lowry could fall of a cliff in short order, history of short PG's being really effective past 30 isn't great. but that's not the question, the question is who is the better player right now and imo it's Lowry.

Lowry is 6'0 tall, and is occasionally fat.

John Wall is 6'4, elite athlete prototypical PG.

Wall looks like he should be better but he isn't and I think that's messing people up. Reasonable minds can differ but to act like it's not worth a conversation is crazy to me.

Last edited:

I'm willing to cut Wall slack for that, but the list of good offense run by guards who don't shoot 3's well and aren't great finishers isn't all that long.

HIM HIM why you hop in the party last night and didn't say nothing :rofl:

they were like "who man's is this" :lol:

Bruhhh lmfaooo....I clicked on the wrong party to join. I was supposed to run some COD with my 40 yr old asian coworkers. I heard the n bomb from a deep voice and I said "oh ****" :lmfao inthougt y'all heard me lmfao I couldn't figure out how to leave so I was there for a minute. I heard the dude asking whose mans I was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2k17 was just delivered to the crib doe. I'll be on tonight. most likely

Last edited:

1. John Wall is not taking contest 3 pointers, or off the dribble 3's at the rate Lowry is. John Wall is still given open shots, teams still go under screenshe doesn't have the respect of NBA defenses yet. So 35% for John wall isn't all that impressive because it doesn't put the same kind of pressure on the defense, combine that with his love of mid range jumpers and his poor finishing you get a really inefficient guard.

2. It's a discussion because Lowry out performs wall in by most statistical measures. If you want to make the case that Wall is better that's fine, but you are acting like it's not even a conversation when they evidence isn't really on your side.

3. KL was hurt in the playoffs against washington, and that is a reasonable knock against Lowry and a reason to prefer Wall, Lowry can't make it through 82+playoffs healthy

4. I'm not slighting Wall, by saying I think Lowry is better, I think Lowry is really really good. and I think Lowry could fall of a cliff in short order, history of short PG's being really effective past 30 isn't great. but that's not the question, the question is who is the better player right now and imo it's Lowry.

Lowry is 6'0 tall, and is occasionally fat.

John Wall is 6'4, elite athlete prototypical PG.

Wall looks like he should be better but he isn't and I think that's messing people up. Reasonable minds can differ but to act like it's not worth a conversation is crazy to me.

You're basing this off of one year. Again, a career year for a 30 year old PG and a "down" year for a 26 year old PG.

Wall is a better defender and passer. Lowry can shoot a little better, but Wall isn't a liability.

He (Wall) has had very little help from his teammates whether it's due to maturity issues or durability. HOPEFULLY, there's some stability this season with a revamped bench and better coaching.

You're basing this off of one year. Again, a career year for a 30 year old PG and a "down" year for a 26 year old PG.

Wall is a better defender and passer. Lowry can shoot a little better, but Wall isn't a liability.

He (Wall) has had very little help from his teammates whether it's due to maturity issues or durability. HOPEFULLY, there's some stability this season with a revamped bench and better coaching.

a little better? okay man.

I just think when defenses go under the screen on one guy and don't on another I think it tells who they consider to be the better shooter.

Wall should continue to improve, and maybe he will pass Lowry who should be on the decline this year or next year.

This is Lowry first elite year though.....at age 30....:lol:

The question isn't who you are going to take in 5 years, it's who would you take right now this very second. So I don't really know what point you are making.

Also Lowry was elite last year.

Last edited:
The question isn't who you are going to take in 5 years, it's who would you take right now this very second. So I don't really know what point you are making.

Wall is clearly better now...and has been for the last 3 years.

I'm not saying there is a huge gap....but it's very clear to me who the better player is.

Last edited:
This is Lowry first elite year though.....at age 30....:lol:

Outside of CP3, Curry, Russ...there isn't a PG in the NBA who I'm taking over John Wall RIGHT NOW.

Take your PER/advanced stats and shove it. :lol:

"When Kyle Lowry wakes up at 8:17am and there is minimal dew on the front windshield of his car, his shooting percentage at the rim goes up when contested on left-handed layups."

Back
Top Bottom